Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Chrysalis be reformed or not?

Props Valroa

Maybe she will get deformed from a Friendship Blast to the face instead reformed. *ba-dum tish!*

Maybe Chrysalis might return with a select group of elite Changelings with their own characteristics...

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

A million times no.

After season 5, villain reformations in this show have become nothing more than an annoying cliche.

Most of them weren't even done very well in the first place.

Plus Queen Chrysalis has literally shown zero positive or sympathetic qualities to warrant a reformation.

If she were to be reformed, I bet her motivation would be something stupid like her not getting accepted into art school or something along those lines, and magically being forgiven for her horrible actions against Equestria, in like a minute long montage where she doesn't have to work in order to gain said acceptance/meaningful relationships with the mane 6.

I would rather see the show go full on Earth Queen on Chrysalis, than have her get a FIM quality reformation.

I don't think she should be reformed just because it's become pretty typical for the villains to be reformed which is getting tiresome and predictable especially since there are alternative ways to deal with villains tirek is a prime example of this

• 6 months later...

Well, for me I like to see her reformed, but it can NOT be paced. Seriously, every reformation is paced so badly. And seeing her with the other changelings figuring out how to be kind to one another is an episode or a two-parter I will like to see. And then maybe there can be a new villain that teams up with Tirek to defeat Equestria. Yep, I'm counting Sombra's comic reformation. But Tirek can't be reformed. He is just too strong-headed and stubborn. So yeah, I will like to see Chrysalis being reformed, hopefully by Thorax or his brother that is mentioned in "To Change a Changeling".

• 10 months later...

Honestly no she shouldn't be because overtime it begins to get repetitive when most villians get reformed and gets too predictable for example at the end of season 6 it was easy to predict that nothing bad would happen at the end although they could have a four part storyline where during tbe finale the villian wins and the start of the next season is about striking back etc adds a bit of tension and drama

Of course she shouldn't be reformed! Haven't we already seen enough of this cliche? Somepony has to be the badguy or there won't be very interesting stories. Friendship problems are fine but sometimes there has to be real conflict to give the show some impact. Once the villains get reformed they have nothing else to bring to the show or their character. If they want to show a real lesson about friendship, take it into new territory and show that not everyone wants to be friends, or that someponies aren't always going to roll over and take up crocheting just because it's a safe, easy storyline for lazy writers. 

• Brohoof 1

She's an interesting villain and I honestly like her better that way - it's just an opinion though so it's in no way objective. Not even friendship should be forced on absolutely everyone, that's when it stops being 'friendship' and starts being... well, something else. :ooh:

I think Chrysalis is the last holdout that hasn't been forced through the apology machine. It would be nice if the show could keep at least one active villain, just to try something different.

(edited)

Definitely not. It’s just as much of a lesson that people can change for the better as it is when people just don’t change. The balance beween reformed and villain should be even, much like in the real world. Any more reformations would be pushing it over the line of excessive. Besides, even if I wanted the reform of Chrysalis, think about what that would look like: she really has no good in her heart whatsoever that can be altered. Every villain that’s been reformed has had some flicker of humanity in them, but Chrysalis? I personally don’t see it.

Edited by Lunar Glow

I'd say no... but knowing this show I wouldn't rule it out.

If she wants and tries to gain ultimate revenge against Starlight and The Mane Six... then by all means do it, but it's either going to result in her death, being sent to Tartarus or reformation and I'd rather prefer the former two because resettling her into the hive wouldn't work at this point, she's too far gone.

• 2 years later...

I think she deserves the opportunity because she has good in her, very deep in her heart she would just like to be accepted like everyone else, but it's going to be difficult because she's convinced herself of some extreme ideas and has put on blockages of made up logic to auto back them up. She's been so alone for so long in many senses, first as an authoritarian queen and later her being in the woods having no one to go to for consolation. We have seen that she feels alone enough to carry around a piece of wood from her failed attempt at the mean six, so she does misses interactions with others. 

The way we could convince her is for her to make a friend like it almost happened in frienemies, maybe a reformed villain that matches up with her personality style, that is willing to put up with her and stay true to their values no matter what to demonstrate her through action that her ideas don't have ground. But again is not as easy because of the brain mud she imposed into herself to try to justify her vengeance of everything and everyone. Not to get political but is exactly like trying to convince a hard core flat earther who even with evidence and the entire world telling them that they are confused at the very least, they can't accept it for some reason.

Edited by Ittoni

Nope.

When Twilight offered her the chance to make things right, Starlight accepted and worked to be the best pony she can be. Yes, she messed up, sometimes badly. But she always went back to make things right again. Over the course of the last four seasons, Starlight created a new path that resulted in Twilight putting full trust in her judgment to help her students and eventually lead the entire school.

Chryssie, OTOH, doesn't treat anypony besides herself any respect and looks down on virtually everyone as inferior. When Starlight offered her the opportunity to make things right with Equestria and the rest of her former hive, her ego took over, rejecting everything in front of her. Possible friendships with Equestria. Mending relationships with her hive. Working with Thorax to become a better changeling. For her, it was her way or the highway with bloodlust in between.

That mindset never changed for the rest of the series; season 9 emphasized that point even further when she and the rest of the trio openly rejected the Magic of Friendship at the end of Frenemies, worked underground to undermine the fake Grogar, stole one-third of the real Grogar's actual magic, and co-led a coup to take down Equestrian royalty and kill the Mane Eight.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

As I recall, she was barely getting by between when her hive reformed and when fake Grogar found her. My take on Chrysalis is that she's so set in her ways that she won't change even when it's obviously in her best interests to do so - just like so many people in real life.