Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is that the truth about brony haters?

leonbrony17

Nothing. I guarantee that the majority of haters are just chuckleheads looking to get a rise out of anyone by just flaming them. It's not even that common. It's not "cool" to hate Bronies anymore.

Honestly, it becomes more of a problem when we focus our attention on people who act like that. It encourages them, and maybe even drives others to take after them. If you ignore them and show them that their actions aren't a big deal to you, it will cease to be with them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6LutiDn6M

What do you think about that?

This was so funny. My thoughts on brony haters. The ones who don't like the show either haven't seen it or, are embarrassed to admit they like the show. If they are embarrassed they shouldn't be. Just come onto sites like this one and you'll be greeted and treated well by ponies from all over. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6LutiDn6M

What do you think about that?

Not all "brony-haters" are the same. Some have given the show a chance, and still didn't like it. We can't read their minds, so it's not our place to judge that they are lying about it and secretly like it. That would just be presumptuous. 

...unless you were just kidding, in which case, I'm sorry for ruining the mood.

Of all the haters I've known, I've seen/heard of two kinds:

The first kind is the edgetard who hates bronies because it's the bandwagon.  They've never watched the show and see it as a cancer, a bit like Creationists and science textbooks.  To them, the brony is a degenerate who watches the show to satisfy their bestiality and/or pedophilia fetishes.  These are the most common type of haters I've encountered.

The other kind is the former brony.  I know of a few bronies who stopped watching the show after the second season and never came back.  Their hatred for the show and the fandom stems more from feelings of betrayal than just blind hatred.  They're a bit like Quibble Pants from the "Stranger Than Fan Fiction" episode, who hated all the Daring Do books past book three because he felt that Yearling "dumbed down" her content to appeal to a wider audience.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of people on these forums who feel the same way, and I'm not going to tell them otherwise.  They're entitled to their own opinions, but it becomes a problem when they project their frustrations onto the fandom at large, whom they consider mindless drones for continuing to watch the "garbage" that the show's become.

• Brohoof 1

Most haters that I have seen are idiots, they have no interest in the show because they have no brain to form an actual unique opinion nor can they even comprehend what an individual opinion is. They would rather stick to gender and age stereotypes and dehumanize people for liking a goddamn cartoon. Honestly, I think anti-Bronies are a prime, shining example of how fucked up this society is. At least, they are one of many examples. 

If. Only.

Now I'm reminded of that surreal Steam game, Only If.

I feel as though anti-bronies are just intolerant towards how attatched it's fandom is to the show, and don't want to risk having to explain bronies to their real life peers. If we could turn back time to 2010 and prevent the fandom from being as big as it is, I doubt anti-bronies would have a problem with the show today. I mean, if it were just another 65-episode cartoon that came and went, I don't think they'd mind as much, but since it's a pop culture phenomenon, they seem to be ignorant of it's success even more.

Well, most anti-bronies I've talked too have had valid points.

they have no interest in the show because they have no brain to form an actual unique opinion nor can they even comprehend what an individual opinion is.
 So in other words they don't like what you like because they're idiots? 

I sure do wonder why they dislike us tolerant bronies who never insult other over what they like or don't like.

• Brohoof 2

Well, most anti-bronies I've talked too have had valid points.

So in other words they don't like what you like because they're idiots? 

I sure do wonder why they dislike us tolerant bronies who never insult other over what they like or don't like.

Or you have people who dislike the show mixed up with haters/anti-bronies. There is a huge difference between someone who simply dislikes the show and someone that goes so far to call us horse fuckers and call any fan of the show a cancer.

So my point completely stands.

Or you have people who dislike the show mixed up with haters/anti-bronies.
 What makes you think that?

That people don't like certain things because they're idiots? 
  • Brohoof 1

Except it doesn't since your point wasn't that people dislike the fandom because they are too dumb to form their own opinions it, it was that people don't like the show because they are to dumb to form their own opinions. Which 1) makes no sense, since disliking something is an opinion, and 2) sounds incredibly condescending. 

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

What makes you think that?

That people don't like certain things because they're idiots? 

No, that people who take their hatred of a show so far that they horrendously insult all fans of said show are idiots. That is not the same as simply 'not liking' something.

Except it doesn't since your point wasn't that people dislike the fandom because they are too dumb to form their own opinions it, it was that people don't like the show because they are to dumb to form their own opinions. Which 1) makes no sense, since disliking something is an opinion, and 2) sounds incredibly condescending. 

Wow. You really are misreading what I am saying here. If someone flat out hates MLP and therefore insults the fans because they like the show, they won't give the show a chance, because they are so wrapped up in hating the show AND us despite most likely not even giving it a chance in the first place. If someone hates the fandom and the show, then they should just hate it, be done with it and not resort to dehumanizing people for liking it. The moment they start doing that, they can go fuck themselves.

Wow. You really are misreading what I am saying here.

Not really.  Or you can explain how else I'm supposed to interpret this?

Most haters that I have seen are idiots, they have no interest in the show because they have no brain to form an actual unique opinion nor can they even comprehend what an individual opinion is. 

• Brohoof 1

No, that people who take their hatred of a show so far that they horrendously insult all fans of said show are idiots.

The idea that they may hate this fandom and thus insult the fandom instead of the show haven't crossed your mind?  

Also I find it kind of funny that you complain about people insulting you while you insult them.

Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

Not really.  Or you can explain how else I'm supposed to interpret this?

I am pretty damn certain that someone that calls a show and its fans a cancer is someone that isn't even willing to give the show a chance in the first place.

The idea that they may hate this fandom and thus insult the fandom instead of the show haven't crossed your mind?  

Also I find it kind of funny that you complain about people insulting you while you insult them.

And that makes it all okay? Saying that MLP fans have something wrong with them, calling all of us horrendous things, saying that we all should die, that is all perfectly fine because it is targeted at the fandom? NO. It is NOT okay. And yes, I am insulting them for insulting us. I guess if someone is a horrendous bully, you know, saying fans of the show should be wiped out, I guess we are suppose to keep quiet about them. I am not saying haters are cancer or they should die, I am saying they should probably stop being pricks and saying these terrible things because of some in fandom. EVERY fandom has its problems, should we just horrendously insult everyone then?

Are you guys seriously trying to justify bullies?

I am pretty damn certain that someone that calls a show and its fans a cancer is someone that isn't even willing to give the show a chance in the first place.

You don't know that. Maybe they tried giving the show a chance, but just didn't like it (in other words, forming their own opinion about it).

Nope. I'm just saying that the argument that they don't like the show because they're too dumb to form their own opinion is, to put it mildly,  pretty dumb. 

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

Many brony haters are the way they are because they've never watched the show themselves, and so they provide a bias opinion on something they shouldn't even know about since they didn't bother to sit down and attempt to get through an episode. I have no problem with them because they are free to express their opinions, but sometimes they can go overboard and take things to extremes I'd rather not look at myself.

• Brohoof 2

And that makes it all okay?

My point wasn't that saying horrible things about the fandom is okay, but rather that the (almost all) "haters" is hating us because of our actions and not because of what we like. Which of course doesn't make it okay to bully everyone in this fandom but it at least makes it so their actions is more understandable.

And yes, I am insulting them for insulting us.

Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? You know, saying that it's horrible to insult people while at the same time insulting other people?

No. In fact this started because I called you out for insulting people over what their likes and dislikes. 

Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

Why do so many still concern themselves over the "anti-brony menace"? Why is the idea of someone not liking the same thing some of us do so horrifying? Most of the people I see who dislike the show have pretty normal reasons for not liking it... and they only get antagonistic if they are pushed or hounded by fans of the show who seemed determined to "prove them wrong"... because having a differing opinion is wrong apparently. Yeah on occasion you do have the MLP troll who pops up to try and start something with a fan of the show, but trolls do that everywhere, it is not like MLP is the first fandom to see a troll.  

In my opinion, a lot of people when confronted or asked "Do you like MLP?" and they respond with "No I do not" are labeled as haters, anti-bronies or some other name meant to degrade them... just as much as some fans claim "anti-bronies" degrade them. Why they dislike MLP is never asked, what their motivations for not being a fan are never scrutinized.. it is just "Oh.. you don't like what I do??! How dare you... you must be a hater!". The fact is some people just don't like the show for whatever reasons... they think the show is boring, the art is not for them, too girly, or they just feel it is too childish or some other perfectly reasonable opinion to have about a cartoon show. Just as some people love the cartoon for whatever reason, there are those who dislike it for that exact same reason.

Yes, there are a several "haters/anti-bronies" who are just nasty and live to torment and troll fans of the show, but most are just people who are not fans of the show whom get lumped together under the same umbrella with each other no matter what their motivation... which sounds exactly like the same complaint many "bronies" have when they talk about how sick they all are off getting lumped under the same umbrella with all the cloppers and perverts of the fandom many of them claim to despise.

No one likes to be called out, nor lumped in with someone or something they don't agree with. "bronies" don't like it, "anti-bronies" don't like it... nobody likes it. Seems to me "bronies" and "anti-bronies" have a lot more in common than meets the eye.

• Brohoof 2

My point wasn't that saying horrible things about the fandom is okay, but rather that the (almost all) "haters" is hating us because of our actions and not because of what we like. Which of course doesn't make it okay to bully everyone in this fandom but it at least makes it so their actions is more understandable.

Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? You know, saying that it's horrible to insult people while at the same time insulting other people?

No. In fact this started because I called you out for insulting people over what their likes and dislikes. 

You dislike something? Fine, you do what you want. You starting insulting people that like what you don't like? Then you get no respect from me. Simple as that.

• Brohoof 1

Someone saw my steam post from here and went and started accusing the people on there of being pedos, and bragging that he was mean to people on here. Apparently there are some really toxic people on this forum, i can understand the mods a little bit better now. 

Edited by trademark2