Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Zootopia

ManaMinori

Does anyone really like this movie? The animation is great, the characters are adorable, lovable, relatable; there's action, drama, comedy, mystery, sweetness and feels. It was well paced, and the story was fluid from start to finish.

Who is your favorite character?

Why is that character your favorite?

What was your favorite scene?

Think we'll see a Zootopia 2? What would the synopsis be?

Do you think FiM is similar to Zootopia? In what way is Zootopia superior? What elements from Zootopia do you think FiM could incorporate?

• Brohoof 6

I liked it.  I guess Nick was my favorite because he was kind of funny.  My favorite scene would probably be the howling wolfs because it made me laugh.  The scene with Nick getting beat up for being a Fox when he was young kind of got to me as well.  

Zootopia is my pick for Movie of the Year so far. Everything about it is fantastic, in my opinion.

My favorite character is Judy. Her voice actress was the perfect choice for her character. Also, her story arc is well put together.

My favorite scene...there's so many good ones...would probably have to be either

1. The scene where Judy first records Nick with the carrot recorder ("It's called a hustle, sweetheart." Great line).

2. The scene where Nick stands up for Judy in front of Chief Bogo.

We definitely should get a sequel, though it will be difficult for it to be any better than its predecessor. I once read an idea online for a Judy Hopps/Nick Wilde buddy cop TV show. Now *that* is something I'd love to see.

I think Zootopia is indeed similar to FiM. Both use talking animals to express real-life problems and solutions and morals. Now, is Zootopia *superior* to FiM? I'm a little biased, but I say no. The only way it might be superior is that, since its a Disney product, it can reach more people. That is, most people are probably more willing to pay attention to a Disney film than colorful happy ponies. Please don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with either of them, but it seems to me that Disney products will always receive more attention.

That's my two cents. It's always good to see someone else who appreciates quality cinema. :)

• Brohoof 2

I finally got to watch it off Netflix with some friends on Saturday and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was super adorable. The animation gorgeous and vibrant, and I really enjoy the friendship Nick and Judy develop. It was actually pretty funny too. I saw myself chuckling and smiling a lot throughout. My favorite scene probably has to be when Nick gives his backstory. I would definitely like to see a sequel if they can do it right! 

• Brohoof 1

Thought it was nice, but people give this movie way too much credit to be honest and i feel like it tries to hit the message of "racial differences" way too much over my head to be honest, which is not something that is all that original. Animated movies like the land before time have done it too, which i still enjoy more.

For more of my gripes, here is a blog i wrote last summer: https://mlpforums.com/blog/2414/entry-20240-has-my-disney-been-killed-with-zootopia-no-review-warning-may-contain-bias/

Zootopia was everything I was hoping it would be and then some. I'd been hearing about it since it was announced (thanks, furries!) but I was skeptical about how well Disney could pull it off. I thought they did a wonderful job, though. The characters all had depth, and even the protagonists had flaws to work around. Plus, it felt more like an adult movie without swearing than a kids movie. It never talked down to the audience, never got preachy, and never really had any scenes that nobody over the age of 10 could enjoy. As for the possibility of a sequel, I've heard several rumors about one possibly being in the works, and I know I'd have to go see that one too.

I'm glad I went to see it in theaters, and I highly recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it.

Edited by BlueStreak98

Zootopia is one of my favorite non-Pixar animated films from my lifetime. Judy is a badass female protagonist not unlike someone you might see in FiM, but I think almost everyone was wonderfully written. As for my favorite scene... maybe the scene where Judy comes back to Zootopia after discovering the true meaning of "night howlers," tracks down Nick, and reconciles with him. I only want a sequel if it has the same effort put in to it. Please, for the love of Celestia don't do it for the sake of money.

I think Zootopia is indeed similar to FiM. Both use talking animals to express real-life problems and solutions and morals. Now, is Zootopia *superior* to FiM? I'm a little biased, but I say no. The only way it might be superior is that, since its a Disney product, it can reach more people. That is, most people are probably more willing to pay attention to a Disney film than colorful happy ponies. Please don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with either of them, but it seems to me that Disney products will always receive more attention

My thoughts exactly.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

Does anyone really like this movie? The animation is great, the characters are adorable, lovable, relatable; there's action, drama, comedy, mystery, sweetness and feels. It was well paced, and the story was fluid from start to finish.

Yeah. It was pretty good. I would've liked it more if I had seen it in theaters, though.

Judy or Nick. Both of them are just so great.

Judy for her bravery and wit.

Nick for his cleverness and con-man background.

Also, cause he sort of reminds of RJ from Over the Hedge.

RJ was one of my favorite characters as a child.

"Garry, quit it. You're gonna start a howl."

What elements from Zootopia do you think FiM could incorporate?

How about how to do a good mystery? Cause, MLP seems to fail at that.

• Brohoof 1

I was one of those people who only watched this movie because so many others had and made it out to be... pretty amazing. In all honesty, I thought that the movie was good. I enjoyed the characters, the story, and the music. I would, for sure, watch it again. However, I didn't find it as incredible as some made it sound. I wasn't super impressed by the film. But I digress, I still liked it.

• Brohoof 2

Think we'll see a Zootopia 2? What would the synopsis be?

Do you think FiM is similar to Zootopia? In what way is Zootopia superior? What elements from Zootopia do you think FiM could incorporate?

I love Zootopia. I like almost every singly Disney movie (some where huge flukes *cough* Frozen *cough*) ​and Zootopia was so well made in all aspects.

​My favorite character is probably Nick, but there's a lot more characters that were really cool. Nick is the first because of the humor with him and how you can see how he changes throughout the movie.

​My favorite scene has to be when they did the act with Nick being night howlered because that was one thing I wasn't expecting them to do then.

​I think we'll get a Zootopia 2. But it might be years away from now and might be focused on different characters other than Judy and Nick, but I doubt that myself.

​I think FiM is similar to Zootopia in a couple regards, like with the overall meaning at the ends, etc. Zootopia is only a movie, and FiM has much more to go off of as it has more showtime for backstory and stuff. But, with the time that it has, there's a lot of detailed backstory and detail for the main characters and Zootopia as a whole, which is impressive in and of itself. In recent FiM, I think they could have more big conflict, rather than a lot of "Go here. Solve a friendship problem." Even with that, I love FiM, but that's going to get old, even with a few different kind of episodes sprinked inbetween.

​But either way, they're both really good and I enjoy both of them.

Thought it was nice, but people give this movie way too much credit to be honest and i feel like it tries to hit the message of "racial differences" way too much over my head to be honest, which is not something that is all that original. Animated movies like the land before time have done it too, which i still enjoy more.

For more of my gripes, here is a blog i wrote last summer: https://mlpforums.com/blog/2414/entry-20240-has-my-disney-been-killed-with-zootopia-no-review-warning-may-contain-bias/

However, living in the US right now, I feel like "hit[ting] the message of "racial differences" way too much over the head" is completely and totally appropriate. Because apparently too many people still do not understand. This movie's specific points are so relevant that it's not even funny.

• Brohoof 1

I loved it, not as much as my fellow furs did, but I'd rather watch it over Frozen now. (not seen Moana yet). I love pretty much everything about the film from a design aspect. Ive always wanted to be a character designer and concept artist, so this movie is my heaven. 

Chief Bogo

I love Idris' voice so much and Bogo is that typical rough exterior, but big softy inside. I love him.

The train, Judy seeing Zootopia for the first time is still one of the most amazing scenes Disney have ever done. Theres so much detail and you get to see how amazingly creative the team got with designing an anthro animal world.

• Brohoof 2

I already was looking forward to it as it was a Disney movie in the 2010's so I had a feeling it would be good, but it really surprised me with just how much I enjoyed it.

I would go as far to say that it is one my new favorite Disney movies, and one of my favorite films of the year.

The train, Judy seeing Zootopia for the first time is still one of the most amazing scenes Disney have ever done. Theres so much detail and you get to see how amazingly creative the team got with designing an anthro animal world.

That scene was absolutely beautiful. I practically teared up the first time I saw it, and it still makes me grin like an idiot every time.

• Brohoof 2

Zootopia is my absolute favourite movie of all time. It's one of those things that brought back memories from when i was younger, when i first became a fan of anthropomorphic animal characters. I never knew what word to describe the idea of animals acting like people back then, but Zootopia and the internet made me find out the term 'anthropomorphic'. Ever since I first saw the movie It's like i'm re-living my early days. 

Nick is obviously the best character. He's pretty much every furry's idol. I like his sly and deceiving attitude throughout the whole film, especially during the popsicle hustle scene. His backstory was also pretty depressing. It showed how 'innocent' prey can also be the big mean predators. Overall, he's my favourite animated character of all time. Nick is bae.  :wub:

There were a lot of scenes I enjoyed, such as the DMV scene with Flash and the scene with the train full of night howlers.

Overall, this has been the best movie i've seen in my life!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

It was a good drama, mystery centric story driven movie quite frankly not done occasionally so its a welcoming change for Disney. I would like to see Hasbro incorporate some mystery elements into MLP but that's just wishful thinking. It's the characters essentially whom I liked because their so uniquely different and so lively. Judy is a model citizen with her bright and spunky ambitions to make it in the big city while Nick is a uncanny protagonist whom defy the odds of being a predator to help not just Judy but all for Zootopia. The end scene with Flash speeding through the city  was remarkable and ironic!  

I like Judy best as far as characters go, she's soooo cute! I love Nick too but there's only room at the top for one. He's very funny and slick, and ya gotta love that attitude (not to mention that he's a fox, and I love foxes). Judy is so dedicated and they make a great team; the chemistry is superb and they really play well off each other.

My favorite scene is probably when Judy first arrives in Zootopia. She's so enthusiastic and that's infectious.

I hope that if they do make a sequel it'll have a little more romance between Judy and Nick. So what if they're a bunny and a fox? It works for me!  :wub:  

• Brohoof 1

To me Zootopia was very boring... It didn't really stick with the plot very well and just took things from other movies and stuck it in there... I will give it credit on how pretty it was though... ONE of the best scenery i seen from Disney in awhile but that was pretty much it.

I do like Nick and his partner at the beginning when they conned her (but even that was obv)

Edited by Starlighty

I liked this movie. I thought it was inventive, funny, and just plain enjoyable.

My favorite character would have to be Nick Wilde.

I can relate to him somewhat. I found his mindset and outlook on life before meeting Judy to be representative of real life people, which I appreciate. I felt sympathy for him, he hated people judging him based on something completely out of his control and felt the only way to deal with it was to hide his vulnerability beneath a layer of false confidence. Judy was way too optimistic and naïve, not to say she's a bad character, it's great that they balance each other out. I also hated the scene where they reveal he was bullied as a child. I don't know why, but I absolutely hate when I see characters bullied, harassed, or taken advantage of when they're children, I hate seeing their innocence and carefree nature just shatter when they learn the truth of things. It just sucks.

My favorite scene would have have to be the climax of the story when the true villain is revealed and Nick and Judy outsmart them then pretended to be manipulated by them. The scene was great and had a sense of seriousness that I love about animated Disney films. They always include just enough reality and grit to keep the audience captivated.

I'm not sure if there will be a Zootopia 2, nor what the synopsis would be. I just hope it will be entertaining.

Not many similarities are immediately apparent. Perhaps the importance of friendship and understanding? Some aspects of storytelling gives Zootopia an edge, (I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more violence and conflict in FiM, handled with care of course).

Good film, not too crazy about the Shakira song however.