Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think there should be male Alicorns in the show someday?

AlicornSpell

Like others have said here, I don't think adding a male alicorn to the cast would be a good idea, considering how many alicorns there already are. BUT, as others also have said, I would honestly love to see at least some reference to male alicorns at some point somewhere, e.g. Celestia and Luna's father, or the aforementioned tribe they apparently came from.

I mean, to be honest, I'd just like to know if male alicorns are even a thing. We haven't seen any thus far, nor is any mention of them made, and it could leave some viewers thinking that stallions just cannot be alicorns. Don't get me wrong, I love the notion of girl power going on here, but the implication that only mares can be or become alicorns seems a little off to me.

In all honesty, the idea of only Mares becoming Alicorns doesn't seem that off to me at all. There could be many reasons to why only Mares can become Alicorns.

Sure why not? Is not like alicorn is gender specific. Also 2 alicorn is already a lot but they decided to add three more, so yeah sure, why not add one more.

I wouldn't mind seeing a male alicorn although there needs to be a very good reason as to why it would need to appear and not conflict with any issues that have been part of the show's canon since its inception. Shining Armour would definitely be worthy because of all he has accomplished, but then Prince Blueblood would be worthy for the obvious shock value that comes with it.

(edited)

I wouldn't mind seeing a male alicorn although there needs to be a very good reason as to why it would need to appear and not conflict with any issues that have been part of the show's canon since its inception. Shining Armour would definitely be worthy because of all he has accomplished, but then Prince Blueblood would be worthy for the obvious shock value that comes with it.

I hate the idea of Shining Armor becoming a Alicorn; since it would be unnecessary, and (as I said) there are already too many Alicorns on the show.

Sure why not? Is not like alicorn is gender specific. Also 2 alicorn is already a lot but they decided to add three more, so yeah sure, why not add one more.

To be honest, the idea of only Mares can become Alicorns and not Stallions is actually a very good idea for a rule about Alicorns; since it would give more restriction about who can and who can not become a Alicorn, and it just gives more meaning to Alicorns in general.

Edited by AlicornSpell

At least people wouldn't complain about Twilicorn anymore. ;P

For Twilight, having Blueblood as an alicorn would take some heat off of her, but then what would he be the prince of? I'm thinking he would be the Prince of Obnoxiousness.

For Twilight, having Blueblood as an alicorn would take some heat off of her, but then what would he be the prince of? I'm thinking he would be the Prince of Obnoxiousness.

The Prince of Fabulosity, of course.

1111301__safe_twilight+sparkle_princess+

I want to see AT LEAST one. I don't why the idea of male alicorns seems so alien in the show itself and that is the mold I want to be broken. Flurry Heart is sadly the point where alicorns are being horrendously overused so that sours the idea, but I still want one male alicorn. Give us a totally new character for it perhaps. Maybe someone from a distant land who happens to be a prince and also an alicorn. I'd be up for that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

To be honest, the idea of only Mares can become Alicorns and not Stallions is actually a very good idea for a rule about Alicorns; since it would give more restriction about who can and who can not become a Alicorn, and it just gives more meaning to Alicorns in general.

It like saying males can’t become a model, because it will take away the meaning of it. Unless of course like a Harpies or gorgon limited to female only, that could be the same as alicorn, but…again maybe not. We dont know.

The main point is, I think Alicorn is not “earning” it but instead just a special hybrid species. We only assume one become an alicorn though “earning it” because Twilight just become an Alicorn. That is just one case.  Flurry is born as one so who knows Luna, Celestia, and cadence is also born as one too.  I think twilight is just a one timed only to  “earn” the status an Alicorn.

Edited by Satrox

Honestly, I hope there are no more alicorns in the show. Before Flurry Heart was revealed, I was thinking it could be cool to have a male Alicorn. But now? We have too damn many e.e

As far as I am concerned, Celestia, Luna, and Twilight Sparkle should have been the only alicorns in the show. Cadence should have been a normal unicorn; same with Flurry.

Maybe, if the alicorn origins are going to be explored someday, as a flashback thing or oneshot episode... but yeah, I think there are enough alicorns already at the moment. Male or female, I think a new one wouldn't add much to the series. But I'm open minded, if there's a good story to be told with a male alicorn in Equestria, it wouldn't bother me.

The Prince of Fabulosity, of course.

Yet only he calls himself that as everyone else would disagree.

@@AlicornSpell,

thats like saying theres no difference between earth ponies and normal ponies

therefore that logic is flawed

anyway, the whole, alicorns are lighter doesnt work. Twilight desnisty grew since she didnt have wings, then had wings

so yeah, we all know

Unicorn Zombies are the master race.