Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S7 Preview.

CastletonSnob

I might have misread it, but I figured twilight returned and TWILIGHT'S anger got out of control so starlight mind zaps twilight to calm  HER down.

"While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map."

The way it's worded makes it sound far more like Starlight cast it on HERSELF, wouldn't be surprised if the M6 weren't even in the episode much and the "Ponies" are basically just random townsfolk Starlight tries to get to help her. 

I'm so happy to see Starlight, Discord and Trixie are going to be in the first episode! Nice to see Thorax and the other changelings too.

Also, a special mention for DJ Pon3!

Edited by King of Snake
  • Brohoof 1

In regards to the episode titles I would recommend we hold our hooves before we call those official. I seem to remember The Cutie Map having another name before it premiered a couple of years back.

In any case we only have a small clip, so we don't have much to go off of. I'm just excited for more pony! <3

"[...]Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia."[...]

Woohoo! It's been a while since Twilight has actually gotten some advice from her sensei! Of course, I still yearn for more input from Luna in the show, but I'll take what I can get. 

:sunbutt: Get Hyped  :orly: 

Also, am I the only one noticing the irony in premature criticism of being critically premature? :wau:

Oh I noticed, too. But I mean, hasn't that always happened after a premiere teaser airs? It's kind of a routine thing by now.  

"H8rs gonna h8"   :derp:

• Brohoof 2

In regards to the episode titles I would recommend we hold our hooves before we call those official. I seem to remember The Cutie Map having another name before it premiered a couple of years back.

In any case we only have a small clip, so we don't have much to go off of. I'm just excited for more pony! <3

A fair assessment. Though it also looks like a map of Skyrim. 

I'm a bit leary of this season buy if we can get sunset shimmer id be happy with that. 

I wouldn't mind a Applejack Twilight episode...or for that matter...a Luna episode. 

Woohoo! It's been a while since Twilight has actually gotten some advice from her sensei! Of course, I still yearn for more input from Luna in the show, but I'll take what I can get. 

Kinda hoping we get sage Luna soon too, now that she should have finally broken free of her guilt. There are 24 more episodes this season so we can hope. I'm also hoping that we get an A and B plot like we did with last season's premier that come together at the end. Celestia's relationship as mentor to Twilight and Starlight coping with anxiety of not feeling prepared could lend itself to a subtle moral about personal growth. The fear of Twilight worrying if she should or can let go would make for a interesting conversation. As a parent who also thinks back to my own father's advice for guidance ... it  would be something I empathize with. 

• Brohoof 1

How does everyone figure that Shadowlock's arc from the comics will tie into the season? (since they said the comic would tie in directly to the S7 plot)

its possible he's the villain, and its also possible he's COMPLETELY unrelated to the plot and S7's plot is instead about equestria's history (and Shadowlock's "related" to the S7 plot in that his plan involves the history of equestria as well and information)

• Brohoof 1

Kinda hoping we get sage Luna soon too, now that she should have finally broken free of her guilt. 

Indeed. Considering the episode where she helped the CMC through their dreams about fearing what their cutie marks would be a while back, I think can think of an awesome appropriate usage of sage Luna... If we could get an episode where she helps the Manehattan crusaders branch (which would also be an opportunity to have Babs in the episode), it could lead into a later episode where the CMC and the Manehattan crusaders meet up. I guess that sounds a bit convoluted but, nonetheless, I'd like that.

I'm a little iffy about Starlight graduating, but I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I'm just glad we finally got details about the upcoming season even if it's just a preview that's less than two minutes long and a brief synopsis of the first two episodes, which apparently won't be the grand premier we're used to. I said it before with season 6 though and I'll say it again: I have no issue with the upcoming season being more slice of life heavy, as long as the writing quality is there to back it up. If it's not then even the most adventure heavy seasons would fall flat, so here's hoping the new writers will come into their own.

https://press.discovery.com/us/dfc/press-releases/2017/new-family-bonds-and-magical-friendship-adven-4021/

In the back-to-back premiere episodes titled “Celestial Advice” and “All Bottled Up,” Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia. While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Hi, as there is already currently a thread about the season 7 preview, the threads have been merged.

She's graduating.

And Twilight didn't even get her a certificate.

Even though she's a princess and this is a formal occasion and she could probably own Starlight's entire village if she asked nicely.

That's about the only problem I see with this preview. :P

Otherwise, it looks great. :D

I'm so happy Discord is there, but I think it is a little too soon. Where would she go?

To the moon, of course.

"You didn't think we'd let you off that easy did you?"

Just some things I noticed and want to nitpick about...why doesn't Sunburst hug Gutter when Thorax and Trixie do? He's literally right there! Though I would completely understand if he's not a hugging type pony, or just doesn't want Gutter magic abuse cooties all over him.

Why are the other changelings there? They're not her friends, are they, just because the change?

Why is Vinyl there? I though she didn't show any interest in being Gutter's friend, back in "No Second Prances".

Now that Gutter has graduated, why does she still need to stay in Twilight's castle, again? Move out, you mooch!

I still don't like the redesign of the Changelings, but Thorax's little nervous smile was actually kind of cute.

Kinda hoping we get sage Luna soon too, now that she should have finally broken free of her guilt. There are 24 more episodes this season so we can hope. I'm also hoping that we get an A and B plot like we did with last season's premier that come together at the end. Celestia's relationship as mentor to Twilight and Starlight coping with anxiety of not feeling prepared could lend itself to a subtle moral about personal growth. The fear of Twilight worrying if she should or can let go would make for a interesting conversation. As a parent who also thinks back to my own father's advice for guidance ... it  would be something I empathize with.

*slowly pokes head in*

Psssst. Jeric. I have a theory, and its soooooo good! *heavy breathing* Sage Luna...I like the idea and always played around with the idea of her taking on a student, like Sunbutt and Twi. At first it was Sunset Shimmer, because of their similar experiences- I still haven't abandoned the idea, but there's one I've been perhaps even more fond of- an apprenticeship to her line of work. There's a certain, sadly toyline exclusive filly by the name of Star Dreams who I think, might actually have connections with the Nyx (headcanon, btw) that Luna learned her dream abilities from, while on the moon. And since she appears as a friend of the CmC in the toyline, it wouldn't be too farfetched to introduce her and gradually develop her and Luna to readiness of taking on an apprentice, and Star Dreams becoming one

Starlight fans should be a little worried.

"Starlight, you have proved yourself to be a kind, loyal, strong, honest, and truly magical friend. Just looking around this room at all the new friendships you've made, I know there's nothing more I need to teach you."

With Twilight announcing these words, it's possible Starlight might get very minimal major roles this season.

Or maybe it's that Twilight may be stepping down as the protagonist and that the show now focuses on Starlight, considering that we may have a new main cast and that she has a major role in the premiere, I can assure that what you just said is false. The writers don't want to piss off the Starlight fans now that she has a couple.

Or maybe it's that Twilight may be stepping down as the protagonist and that the show now focuses on Starlight, considering that we may have a new main cast and that she has a major role in the premiere, I can assure that what you just said is false. The writers don't want to piss off the Starlight fans now that she has a couple.

Oh brother... here it comes again. I don't want to see any new main cast this season (in fact, NO new main cast was ever confirmed). Pinkie and Fluttershy still need some episodes for themselves (as well as Pinkie having one with the CMCs), and Applejack is the only pony left without an episode where she and Twilight are the only ponies in it.

You're also forgetting that Starlight's core Season 6 writer (Michael Vogel) isn't here at all, either.

I also highly doubt that Starlight will get more major roles than Twilight had in each of Seasons 1, 2 and 4.

Oh brother... here it comes again. I don't want to see any new main cast this season (in fact, NO new main cast was ever confirmed). Pinkie and Fluttershy still need some episodes for themselves (as well as Pinkie having one with the CMCs), and Applejack is the only pony left without an episode where she and Twilight are the only ponies in it.

You're also forgetting that Starlight's core Season 6 writer (Michael Vogel) isn't here at all, either.

I also highly doubt that Starlight will get more major roles than Twilight had in each of Seasons 1, 2 and 4.

One writer does not make any difference, we had different writers in Season 6 and some of the episodes were quite similar to the early seasons.

Pinkie and Fluttershy had plenty of time to spend time together in the series, I guess the show didn't want to focus on them because of Rarijack and stuff like that, you have to remember that Starlight was the one that saved the princesses and Mane 6 from Chrysalis so obviously she is not going to be pushed aside so that Twilight can all the credit once again.

Well changes had to be made if they wanted the show to continue and avoid being stale like most of the shows you see these days.

Edited by GlimGlam04

Still, that doesn't mean we need a WHOLE new main cast for Season 7. If that happened, the show just wouldn't be the same at all, especially with the old main characters we've always loved.

Twilight may have been the main protagonist in earlier seasons, but she had no more than seven major roles in any season. If it's gonna be that way for Starlight as well, then she certainly can't have more than that much this season. Do also note that a guaranteed Applejack episode was unveiled last month.

And we all know last season, there were episodes with new pairings in the Mane Six like Pinkie/Rarity and Applejack/Fluttershy, so as long as there's at least one new season with new episodes, there's always still a chance for Pinkie/Fluttershy (the last unused solo pairing in the Mane Six) and Twilight with Applejack or Rarity.

So please, PLEASE, PLEASE!, no more "I want more Starlight than Mane Six," no more "Starlight should replace Twilight", and especially NO MORE "Starlight will get a lot of major roles this season". I understand that you're obsessed with Starlight really much, but let's be honest, not many fans will agree with your thoughts, especially me. OK?

So please, PLEASE, PLEASE!, no more "I want more Starlight than Mane Six," no more "Starlight should replace Twilight", and especially NO MORE "Starlight will get a lot of major roles this season". I understand that you're obsessed with Starlight really much, but let's be honest, not many fans will agree with your thoughts, especially me. OK?

I wonder who is worst, an obsessive fan or an unbearable hater ?  :orly:  Obsessive Starlight fan or Sunset Fan with superiority complex? I couldnt tell.

Anyway, i agree with about this one, the main characters should remain main characters.

but let's be honest, not many fans will agree with your thoughts, especially me. OK?

Is it ok to attack some Starlight fans even they are a bit obsessive?   

Well changes had to be made if they wanted the show to continue and avoid being stale like most of the shows you see these days.

"If you want to make enemiestry to change something."

There are risks for changing something, S3 finale, for example  :orly: but still, some animes i watched are even more controversial than this, that drama is nothing. 

Edited by Lambdadelta

Actually, I don't hate Starlight, it's just that I'm getting overannoyed about another's opinion of her replacing all our favorite main characters that we've loved since the beginning.

Still, that doesn't mean we need a WHOLE new main cast for Season 7. If that happened, the show just wouldn't be the same at all, especially with the old main characters we've always loved.

Twilight may have been the main protagonist in earlier seasons, but she had no more than seven major roles in any season. If it's gonna be that way for Starlight as well, then she certainly can't have more than that much this season. Do also note that a guaranteed Applejack episode was unveiled last month.

And we all know last season, there were episodes with new pairings in the Mane Six like Pinkie/Rarity and Applejack/Fluttershy, so as long as there's at least one new season with new episodes, there's always still a chance for Pinkie/Fluttershy (the last unused solo pairing in the Mane Six) and Twilight with Applejack or Rarity.

So what you're saying is that you don't want to see anything different to what you're used to? If that's the case, the show would've ended a long time ago mostly because it gotten bad and stale for not trying out something different and this show isn't a show that does that. This isn't a case of if it worked before it works now, not in this age. I rather see a completely different show than an updated version of Season 4.

Who actually keeps track of character appearances anyway? I never keep track of them, I just care about the quality of the episodes not the quantity.

I think the pairing part died out after Season 5 since other than AppleDash in the first two seasons and RariJack in Season 4 and 5, there wasn't really any memorable moments with the other pairings.

You just say that because you hate Starlight, I guess that's the case with her haters but the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm afraid you're going to see a lot more Starlight this season like it or not, I did predict that she going to be the new protagonist of the show and I think this may be the case.

"If you want to make enemiestry to change something."

There are risks for changing something, S3 finale, for example  :orly: but still, some animes i watched are even more controversial than this, that drama is nothing. 

I'll take my chances with the change, if it doesn't work, they'll take responsibility for that but if it goes well, you can thank them for the change. When there's risk there's reward.

RariJack

is WORST pairing until now. Their map episode suck, their episodes are mediocre at best, until now (Applejack Day Off or Trade Ya)

You just say that because you hate Starlight

He doesnt hate her, he just hate her obsessive fan  :-o  

You just say that because you hate Starlight, I guess that's the case with her haters but the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm afraid you're going to see a lot more Starlight this season like it or not, I did predict that she going to be the new protagonist of the show and I think this may be the case.

Wow, wow, wait a minute, thats a bit extreme, i know Twilight has became background ponies since S4, but you cant not just make a new character and replace her,  she should gets more attention like she used to be in S2. Twilight is the soul of this franchise, you can replace the limbs but the soul cannot, it wont be same anymore. 

I think Starlight is a recurring character like Discord and get 3 good quality episodes are good enough. 

We will got Starlight and mane 6. everyone will happy, why replace each other?

Edited by Lambdadelta

Wait..what..how do you lose a table...unless thye are shifting to yet ANOTHER mission giving device..ugh

I assume either a villain took it (since there can be one even if not mentioned in the synopsis) or Starlight or someone else did experimental magic to it. Or Discord stole it to be a troll, first to make Twilight graduate Starlight but pushing a big announcement and then showing that she is not ready to make Twilight look bad.