Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever contributed anything to wikipedia?

zerox

I gave them my viewership as a reason to write articles such as yours :wacko: .

I could probably edit some things I know are out of date...

Any wikipedia? Cause, I've contributed to the Death Battle Wiki, The Creepypasta Wiki, and the Epic Rap Battles of History Wiki.

If not, then no.

• 1 year later...

Heh. Well, I've never contributed to Wikipedia before, but I do have a kinda funny story.

A couple of guys in my unit Wikipedia'd our unit, to see all the information and such that was on it. At the bottom of the Wiki was a list of "notable members", and one of our guys decided to add one of the sergeants in my unit. There's no link, or rank, or anything; just a random dude's name at the bottom of a list.

So, I'm technically working with a notable member of my unit. :orly:

I have, I wrote a twist on the events during WW2 and turn them more into a fantasy world. I don't remember specially what I wrote though. 

I tried to edit the article before with the information I thought was correct, but then almost immediately my changes had gotten reverted by the mods. Now I don't have any desire to edit any of their articles anymore.

Edited by RDDash
Updated

• 2 weeks later...

To put it briefly, yes. :) I just checked, and I seem to have made more than 3000 edits (English and Finnish Wikipedia combined) over the years! :wau: I still make small edits to articles once in a while but my peak in activity was about a decade ago. Nowadays my edits are mostly small corrections, in the past I also created a few articles.

• Brohoof 3

I created this page in english and german:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_iodate

Since I'm a chemistry nerd, it's about a chemical compound. I was surprised no one else created one about this chemical, because it's really cool. It's a white powder that disappears into purple smoke when heated, it looks like real magic.

Other then that, I just made some edits here and there.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have not once added/edited anything to Wikipedia.com. I actually try to avoid using it altogether because I know it can be altered. 

• 2 months later...

Adding something on there requires too much, and won't really give anything. It is not worth it to me.

I have found a few articles that are missing information, but I rather create my own place with information, and let the Wiki people find the truth in that information themselves.

• 3 years later...

I made a few pages on Wikipedia for fun during school to pass the time when I was playing those idle games on the side (and was already done with my work). One for an actress and one on a (very, very very big) music instrument. And two that I never got around to finishing (a french video game magazine that's defunct now and i think the other was on an artist?) because I forgot my password not just to the WP account but also to the email it's attached on :rarity:

I found that they are actually VERY strict on what kind of pages can be made and they are usually a lot more lenient on a lot of entries if they can't verify notability based on their own rules, before deleting them of course.

Kinda feeling a little "homesick" in that sense, it's been years since I made a Wikipedia article. Would be nice to go back and do that again. I remember the community's custom editing tools being very competent.

(edited)

Before Wikipedia limited article editing, I made a correction to a page.

They had incorrectly credited one of the singles for the band Rider Chips. I edited the page with the correct information, because I actually own the single.
My corrections have since been removed and I am now locked out. The entry is better than it was before, but still not perfect.

Edited by Samurai Equine