mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

@@Skylar, Just having some attraction to both genders even though it's only at a bicurious level is still considered to be bisexual but then again whether you decide to identify as bisexual is up to you but you would still technically be considered bisexual even if it's only little attraction but when it's only at a bicurious level it's like I said up to you whether you identify as one or not. Maybe you're just not comfortable with it yet, but you know it's up to you.

Besides, a little attention is just fun and if anything you can take it as a compliment. 

Yeah I do take it as a compliment.... 

I don't have to fall into any label, I am what I am and thats it :( 

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure i'm closer to being actually gay than bisexual, but I can't really say I am until I actually experience it and actually be fully certain. I still find women beautiful but when I think about it I always see myself with a guy, but that just might be because i've always been more relaxed around other guys.

As I have said before, I am Asexual, and Aromantic. I just never had an attraction to someone, and never looked at a person and thought "I want to date them". I just never had attraction to others I guess.

neither do I, i always figure everyone is too busy. i'd rather someone else approach me tbh as i'm not good at judging if a person is interested or not. :)

If the theories are right then I am gay. I've posted on here before and I have nothing against this thread at all, I like it a lot actually. But I wanted to point out an opinion of mine.

I feel like it's a bit odd being put in a category just because you're a bit different than the other. But our minds have just been taught our whole lives that there are different categories for different people, when really we're all just the same. 

In our minds the sexualities "transsexual, bisexual, gay, heterosexual, lesbian, pansexual" are real things that people ARE. But honestly I think that in reality that there's no such thing. There's no gay person, no bi person. Just like, regular people who love regular people. All these categories do is separate us from each other in some silly way, when they really don't exist! We're all the same. 

So with that said, I don't think there's any reason to get confused over your sexuality when it's only in your head. Like who you wanna like, you don't need to put a name to who you are. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Skylar

if I get it right, you are basically confused about your sexuality and about how it affects the people around you.

I can only say, be honest with yourself, don't come up with anything, always be straight forward to others about how you feel. If they care about you, they will accept and embrace it.

I was confused yeah ... but im pretty clear on it now, I only want a relationship with girls, but still have an attraction to some guys *shrugs* not that confusing really since I only want to be with the one :) 

I was confused yeah ... but im pretty clear on it now, I only want a relationship with girls, but still have an attraction to some guys *shrugs* not that confusing really since I only want to be with the one :)

XD don't get the fuzz behind it. So you're a bit attracted to guys, well I don't mind. I'm not but if you are that way why not. I'll just accept you as you are  :lol:. And I think everypony in this world should do that  :)

XD don't get the fuzz behind it. So you're a bit attracted to guys, well I don't mind. I'm not but if you are that way why not. I'll just accept you as you are  :lol:. And I think everypony in this world should do that  :)

Yep but people seem intent in forcing into categories = / 

• Brohoof 1

I must have posted in here a while back, but I never actually voted on the poll. I identify as a heterosexual on the basis that I do not have any interest in females, but yet I do tend to lean asexual too. Let's just call it celibacy for now. :P

I can say with confidence that I am heteroromantic though.

I fail to see the relevance of why it matters about your sexuality. Who really cares???? It doesn't matter if you're gay, bi, bi-curious, straight.

This is true. But this thread is really just a thread made just out of curiosity. It also seems to be quite the coming out thread, but I do see occasional debate.

Still putting myself down as Bicurious , I don't want a relationship with a guy but, the attraction is there, guess i'm still in the experimental stage lol xD 

So does that make me a real unicorn now? :P

Although I do respectfully disagree with this sentiment, it does leave me curious. Why do you feel that way? Is it really that strange that someone can like both genders in a physical and emotional way?

No...  No, that's not what I said at all..

First of all, we are talking about a "sexual way" not a "physical or emotional way."

I can physically like my siblings, because we are related by blood and I physically feel a bond with them.  I can also emotionally like my friends, regardless of their gender or sexual orientation because they are my friends.  Neither of these "likes" are sexual in nature.

Sure, maybe you do have some people accidentally "mislabeling" themselves as bisexual, when in reality they could just be bi-curious, or perhaps in a phase of discovery, 

Now call me whatever mean or horrible names you want to, this following idea of mine is a bit radical with respect to human psychology.  Before you judge me and develop biases based solely off of not understanding what I am about to type, be sure to read the entire thing thoroughly.

I believe that human sexuality is, at it's core, dynamic although it is influenced by genetic factors.  This is a somewhat radical position of mine, as it challenges the psychological "norm" which has been established in 1975 that one's sexuality cannot shift.  Because of this belief.  I believe that my sexuality is "The John Sexuality" and is specific to me.  Nobody on the planet has the exact same sexual preferences as me.  The same principle applies to everyone else (possibly with the exception of asexual people, although I'm still looking into this).  Because sexuality is different for everyone, it is pointless to assign percentages to "straight" or "gay."

I guarantee that, if you were to experimentally isolate a pool of say, 100 people, and put them each into an environment exposing them to an alien culture which does not have any human contact, convincing them that they are one of the alien species, the majority of them would develop some sort of sexual attraction which doesn't even involve the human form (man or woman).  Of course, with our current technology and ethics, this experiment is infeasible, although it would probably allow for advancement in the studies of human psychology.

Another reason why I believe that human sexuality is, at its core, dynamic is due to the stories of one of my family members who works with abused children.  Now I understand that some people develop as gay or bisexual naturally, without (noticeable) external stimulus, probably due to being genetically predisposed to having such orientations, just as many straight people are genetically predisposed to being straight.  My family member has extensive experience in the area of child development, and they will tell you that a good percentage of sexually abused male children will end up being either gay or bisexual.  In fact a sample or sexually abused male children will much more often have sexual preferences which are not straight than a sample of male children who are not sexually abused.  I'm not saying this to be mean or to insult homosexuality, or to tell homosexual people that they are wrong.  I'm just saying that this is what I've seen and analyzed.  This information also supports my hypothesis that human sexuality is dynamic.