Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Into Darkness: A RWBY RP

Drago Ryder

(I apoloigze for leaving this alone for so long. Hopefully, this hasn’t died just yet.)

It didn’t take long for the dragon faunus of the group of eight to realize that Ghalan had returned to his work, though he did notice the excitement of the other reptilian faunus. She always was a weapon nut, though that wasn’t a bad thing. “Right, if any of you need me, I’ll be going on a walk.” Draco left the group, if only temporarily to go exploring around the area. Something about it didn’t exactly feel right, and he couldn’t exactly place a claw on it. Wheather or not he actually encountered any creature of grimm was up to chance, though.

Rei simply nodded, not even paying attention entirely as she looked over the design of the blade. “You don’t have to worry about that. Draco would probably kill me if I betrayed any of you.” The snake faunus then gave a light smile as she held the knife by her side. She then returned to her boyfriend’s side and glanced at Yuki. “Maybe the four of us could do a double date at some point. I know you have a thing for Draco, and I approve.” Of course, she couldn’t help but laugh a little as she teased the fox faunus.

(edited)

@Drago Ryder

As Draco walked throughout the fortress. He came upon a flight of stairs down, down he could see. which led to the Vale side of the great Black gate. Along with something else but he would need to get a closer look. But from what he could see was stone rounded on top with 4 more rows of the same stones.

Edited by dragon4111

On 5/31/2018 at 11:25 PM, Drago Ryder said:

(I apoloigze for leaving this alone for so long. Hopefully, this hasn’t died just yet.)

It didn’t take long for the dragon faunus of the group of eight to realize that Ghalan had returned to his work, though he did notice the excitement of the other reptilian faunus. She always was a weapon nut, though that wasn’t a bad thing. “Right, if any of you need me, I’ll be going on a walk.” Draco left the group, if only temporarily to go exploring around the area. Something about it didn’t exactly feel right, and he couldn’t exactly place a claw on it. Wheather or not he actually encountered any creature of grimm was up to chance, though.

Rei simply nodded, not even paying attention entirely as she looked over the design of the blade. “You don’t have to worry about that. Draco would probably kill me if I betrayed any of you.” The snake faunus then gave a light smile as she held the knife by her side. She then returned to her boyfriend’s side and glanced at Yuki. “Maybe the four of us could do a double date at some point. I know you have a thing for Draco, and I approve.” Of course, she couldn’t help but laugh a little as she teased the fox faunus.

Euca grabbed Rei's hand and looked at the fox faunus,

"That actually sounds fun," he said happily.

Shian sat around and cleaned his guns. He didn't have much to say or do so he cleaned his "children"

Yuki honestly couldn’t stop the blush that rushed to her cheeks as a result of Rei’s words even if she had tried. Was it really that obvious? Granted, she doubted the approval of the snake faunus meant anything, being a part the rather successful attempt at teasing her. “What do ou mean? I don’t have anything for my team leader, and I doubt he does either.” It honestly hurt a bit ti say that, but it was  probably the truth, They weren’t exactly in a committed relationship yet, at least not one that she could recall. Of course, he did act strange around her at tmes, but that could’ve been due to anything. Of course, Euca’s words didn’t exactly help either, but she simply pushed those to the side, too distracted with her own thoughts.

Wait, why would Rei even say such things in the first place if they weren’t the truth. Had there been something between her and Draco that she was unaware of, even if they had just merely been friends, The fox faunus then sighed and tried to clear her mind before continuing the conversation. “Out of curiosity, how do yuo know Draco?”

Well, that was one slip up that Rei couldn’t afford to make, considering that it woukd lead to a bit of a revelation for both faunus. Granted, Euca already knew about most of her past, so there wasn’t much to fear in that department. The snake faunus then gave a gentle sigh as she looked at the direction Draco had left. Thankfully, Euca’s answer helped to calm her nerves “Let’s just say that we worked as partners for a time before we came to Beacon. After a time, we went our seperate ways, and I never thought that I would see him again. I’m not upset that I did, though.” 

The snake faunus then turned to look at Yuki and knew that she had feelings for him just by the way she spoke. It was kind of cliche, but that was besides the point. “He wasn’t exactly in the best mental state at the time, but I’m glad to see that he worked on that. Either that, or he lost his memory again to some degree. I doubt that would lessen the impact you and the other members of your team have had on him, though. If you haven’t, just tell him how you feel. The offer is still open, though.” A light giggle then escaped her lios, before she began to examine the design of the dagger once again. 

The dragon faunus in question looked down to see a row of stones that seemed to be rather out of place on the fields of Vale. It didn’t seem that this place had seen any inhabitants for quite some time, so someone must’ve cared for the objects for a  purpose. Walking slowly down the stairs, the dragon faunus could’ve sworn that he heard the echoes of a distant battle. “Why do I get the distinct feeling that I should’ve come here armed?” Upon reaching the bottom, he began to examine the stones as he continued forwards.

(edited)

@Drago Ryder

There was a name upon the stone and as soon as Draco read it, it read 'Fenrir Chromwell'. Gravestones but also yells of of an older man. From a stone on the wall etched with a rune a spectral form started to show in front of the wall was an older man who looked almost like Ghalan who was wearing the same type of armor Ghalan wore. The man began to walk yelling out orders as multiple spectral forms formed shadows with masks in the shape of grimm the White Fang after the screams were dying down. The man now stood alone his comrades slain and wife is gone. He knew his son was safe. He had said with a baritone voice "Hmm so you came White Fang. So be it, face the White Wolf and perish for your sins against my brothers and sisters in arms," he said as he drew his sword. And like that he began to slay the shadows but one of the shades had stabbed the wolf faunus in the back and a shade with the mask of a bull walked in cockily. He cut off Fenrir Chromwell's head as he laid dying. The Dust within the runes on the black gate that depicted the last battle of the Black Gate Rangers slowly went out. Deprived of the Dust and their power.

Edited by dragon4111

“I’ll be sure to not inform him you said that.” Yuki was a bit surprised by the fact that Draco had worked with Rei in the past, among other things, but she tried to remain neutral. If her team leader had indeed improved in terms of mental health, then there was nothing to worry about. “It would certainly explain the journal. Are these instances of amnesia triggered by anything that we need to worry about?” The thought of having Draco suffer through all of that didn’t sit well with her, and she wanted to be there to help when it was needed. Granted, there was little doubt the other members of either team needed to know that she had realized such information. Enough of their secrets had been revealed for the time being.

Rei honestly had to stop herself from punching Yuki, if only because she didn’t know how much of a breach of trust that was to her team leader. “I’m just going to pretend that I didn’t just hear you say that first bit and hope you’re smart enough to drop it. As for the amnesia bit, I honestly don’t know. It sort of comes and goes, but I figure it has something to do with all that electricity bouncing around in him. It can’t be good for his nervous system.” The snake faunus then gave a light shrug, and while it was only a theory, it was the best she had. 

Draco fell back from the images being displayed before him and felt his heart pounding in his chest. Looking around, it didn’t take him long to realize that he was in the middle of a cemetery housing the dead of those who had given their lives to protect this area. He could feel his heart racing as memories of his earlier he thought had been buried a long time ago surfaced. The teen then managed to stand and walked out of the presumably hallowed ground before promptly expelling anything within his stomach in the shortest route possible. “What... what was that?”

@Drago Ryder

"A story of a last man standing," a voice said foot steps were heard behind Draco.  "I see so that's how my brother died how unfortunate," the voice said full of sorrow. "He was a good man. though it's not right to have his boy bury him so young in his life," he stated as he walked forward. The man came into Draco's field of view. He was a tall man but with goat like horns that were straight.  blond hair flowing out of the man's head. And a red trident in his left hand. And he was tall and well built no if you could describe him it would be like a brick wall of muscle.

Yuki nodded slightly and knew that she and Ghalan had messed up, but they’d own up to it if that secret ever got out. For now, they would just had to see where the future took them. “Either way, I think my teammate may be done with whatever he’s making. I’ll try to see what he had in mind woth bringing us here, aside from the new equipment.” It was her way of polietly ending the conversation, and the fox faunus didn’t waste any time with heading over to the forge, Thankfully, having the powers of a maiden didn’t come with a increased sensitivity to temperature. “How’s it going?”

It was at this moment that Draco honestly wished that he had brought his chokuto when he and Yuki had gone out for their walk. At the very least, he might not have panicked as much at the rather sudden appearance of the new character. Thankfully, it didn’t take him long to put two and two together, and a light nod was all that was given. “So, you’re the uncle of my teammate, and this was where he lived? I’m sorry if I stumbled upon something I shouldn’t have.” His voice was kept rather low, if only to not betray his own emotions. “My name is Draco, by the way. The last I saw of Ghalan was when he was in the forge.”

@Drago Ryder

@Acnologia

@rolle @Skylord Nexus@silvermoon15000

The man chuckled and stated "Ghalan must have brought you here for a reason? Maybe to tell you what Ozpin is trying to hide from you?" the man said with a gentle smile on his face. "Ah I see so he's trusting you I can see my nephew's handy work," the man said as he shook his head. "He's fulfilling his father's last wishes. when finished forging materials he will throw his father's armor into the fire salt forge destroying both the armor and the forge itself," the man explained.

Ghalan was finishing up his armor when Yuki came into the forging area along with two cooled rings gold bands. "Aye Yuki I'm just putting in the finishing touches on my armor," Ghalan stated as he looked at Yuki. He then pointed to Yuki's beautifully white mithrandier armor. "It's fully made from Mithril Yuki," he stated gently as he began to take off his father's bracers. Setting the old armor down upon the anvil. He began to help Yuki put on the mithral armor. After he finished he whispered "You're as beautiful as the first snowfall in winter my lady," He had a charming smile upon his face.

Ghalan then began to put on his own armor. a set of jet black armor with gold inlays but also if you looked close enough in the inlays was golden runes. After he was done. He tossed in his father's old armor into the forge. and a reaction began the fire salts reacted with the mmetals within the older generation of armor. They began to heat up then began to sputter melting the armor burning the cloak. And so the forge was no more, useless to those who tried to use it. "And so the fires of Fenrir Chromwell have truly gone out. No more forging hammers ringing out, blades singing as they were shaped and wrought. No more fantastical jewelry to be forged for young lovers to elope or older lovers to regnite their passions. And so Fenrir chromwell's fires have truly gone out," Ghalan stated as he picked up his newly forged sword and dagger, along with his bow. "Let us go Yuki there is nothing more here for us except to rest and go to the village close to here," "I will show you to the quarters,"

A6963412B687095DC6645F2117BCAF3994F36CCB

Apc2YoJ.jpg

Yuki felt a light smile take her lips as she looked over the armor while she put it on with the assistance of her partner. It felt comfortable to be in, despite the material it was made out of, and a light blush took her cheeks at the compliment he provided. “You don’t look too bad yourself.”

The fox faunus then felt the mood of the conversation grow somber as Ghalan all but destroyed the forge. It was a rather unexpected turn of events, but it felt right in a way. “If you need to talk to anyone, you have teammates you can count on, I can assure you of that.” As the two walked out, Yuki noticed the golden rings and was rather curious as to why Ghalan would make such a thing. Compared to what he had made for himself and the others, they seemed rather insignificant. “So, we’ll be heading back in the morning, I take it?”

Draco narrowed his eyes in thought and nodded. “He kind of revealed a few big secrets, the black queen specifically, and I personally wouldn’t be surprised if Ozpin had others in his pocket.” Some things just didn’t add up with that man, but he coukd deal with that later. As for destroying the forge, he could understand why such a action was needed. After all, the last thing they needed was to give their enemies an edge over the average hunter. 

@rolle@Drago Ryder@silvermoon15000 @Acnologia@Skylord Nexus

"You've noticed by now that your armor is made from a heavier material than Mithral correct? But it feels like chain mail?" the man asked and said "Apologies I haven't introduced myself I am Asgore Dreemur," Asgore said with a kindly smile on his fierce face. "He must trust you immensely to forge you and your teammates some weapons...Please tell me you didn't insult his craft?" he asked slightly as he had a worried look on his face.

"Of course my lady but this was my father's last wish in the case he fell. So man nor faunus can use his forge to infuse fire salts into their weapons. Fire salts are a nearly impossible find. our armors are infused with them making them sturdier to the heat of fire dust and explosions," Ghalan stated with a small smile on his face. "But also fixing the armor and weapons by supplying our auras to them," he stated gently as he looked at Yuki. And he was right she was a beautiful fox. He chuckled but then he saw her looking at the golden rings. He was quick to pocket them while blushing a deep crimson. "We'll be heading out to a nearby village so that we could ride upon back to Beacon. Tomorrow morning aye,"

Yuki gave a light nod as the two walked. “That’s understandable. Let’s just hope that nothing unexpected happens during our travel.” The fox faunus then noticd the blush Ghalan had on his cheeks and figured a bit of payback for all the times he had teased her was in order. “Still, I didn’t know you had someone that close to you. Maybe you should introduce your teammates to them.” The smile on her lips then turned cheeky as a light giggle escaped her lips.

“Yeah. I picked two different metals, but he still made it work.” The dragon then gave a light nod as Asgore introduced himself. It was a rather strange name, but he wasn’t one to judge. After all, his literally meant ‘dragon fire’. “We’ve been through a bit, but I don’t think I’d ever insult that. This is porbbaly the best armor I’ve seen at all.” Draco then sighed as he stretched slightly. “I should probably be getting back to my team and friends. Knowing them, they probably got into a near death situation while I was away.”

Ghalan chuckled as he looked at Yuki. "Hmm what if I said one was for you my lady?" he asked as he rolled his eyes. Yeah like that would happen for the wolf faunus. He shrugged slightly as he looked at the rest of the teams. "Well you guys coming I'm going to show you to your quarters," he stated simply. But he kept an eye on Calbian.

"Well that's good that you didn't because a Chromwell who's craft is insulted will regard you as an enemy," Asgore said as he walked with the young dragon. "Tell me what's on your mind you seem to have a question biting at your tongue or rather you seem to have a lot on your mind," he said gently with a fatherly tone of voice.

@silvermoon15000 @Drago Ryder @Skylord Nexus @rolle @dragon4111

“Well, someone’s being a bit forward. You haven’t even met my parents yet.” Yeah, that would most certainly be a nightmare in of itself, both for her and her male partners. For all she knew, they’d assume that all three were pining for her, and that woud only cause more problems, and that may have been true, sans the additions of the newest member of theit team. Granted, she wasn’t exactly complaining about having another human, especially when he seemed cordial enough. “Still, it is rather sweet. I doubt most other girls would have someone make them a ring by hand, let alone the weapons and armor. Granted, I am a bit of a nut when it comes to the latter two.” The fox faunus then gave a gentle smile as her tail flicked back and forth.

Calbian had remained deep in thought for quite some time, not really paying attention to his surroundings, but acutely aware of Ghanlan's piercing gaze, and began to slowly trail behind him and Yuki. Then, seemingly out of nowhere Calbian began talking to the two "I believe I owe you two, and Draco for that matter, some level of information about myself. In the past couple of days I have been involved in a large portion of all your personal matters, and you know little to nothing about me. As such you may each ask me one question about myself, and I will do my best to answer you accurately and honestly. I will also extend this to Draco when I next see him."

@silvermoon15000 @rolle @dragon4111 @Acnologia @Skylord Nexus

Well, that was certainly reasonable. Considering the rarity of some of the materials Ghalan had used to make his armor and shield,  it was understandable that he would be displeased if someone were to insult his work. Draco then turned his mind towards the question posed by Asgore and simply walked in silence as he thought of a way to respond. While Ghalan may have revealed what was being hidden from everyone by Ozpin and those closest to him, along with Yuki’s own status as a maiden, things hadn’t exactly gotten any less complicated. If it weren’t for his intolerance to alcohol, he would’ve probably gotten a drink in the nearest pub as soon as he got back to Vale.

It was more or less the tone Asgore used that helped him to open up. Either that, or just maybe he wanted to actually talk to someone he could trust outside of the group that consisted of Team DHRC and ESER. “Let’s just say that a lot of things have become a bit clearer, and I’m afraid that my teammates and friends will get hurt or worse at one point or another. I honestly don’t know if I could live through the percieved guilt of seeing them in that state while I continue on with my life.” It was his duty as the leader of his team to ensure their survival, and the things he’d seen had during his stay in the cemetary only exasperated that belief, one that had been born from past nightmares and pushed him to try things most others would find to be ludicrous.

Rei glanced up to see Ghalan and Yuki approach and nodded. She was a bit curious as to what the two had been talking about, but it probably wasn’t  any of her business. “That sounds reasonable enough. Lead the way.” There wasn’t really much else to say, though she was a bit worried about Draco. He had been gone for quite some time, and there was no telling what lurked near a place such as this.

"The rangers of the Blackgate had a saying live your life to the best of your ability," Asgore stated with a chuckle. "Oh and a word of warning since Ghalan unburdened his feelings he will turn on the charm. My brother was a charmer how did you think he managed to get his mother as his wife?" he asked with a gin on his face. "Of course it helped that he could protect her with a wicked right hook," Asgore said as he rubbed his right cheek with some phantom pain. "Working the forges is good for you. I know you've seen him walk around with his shirt off haven't you?" he asked teasingly to Draco.

Ghalan looked at Calbian with quite the bored look. "Your from Atlas and judging by your stance rich but you have a dark secret," Draco stated simply as his tail swayed slowly. "Some trauma perhaps?" he asked as he then shrugged. "And you don't want anyone close to you because it'll hurt you should they betray you. I know that song and dance before Calbian," he stated simply as he escorted then to the quarters. and then he heard his uncle's voice and his wolf ears bent down and he was feeling dread a cold chill went down his spine.

Yuki gave a light sigh as Ghalan  asked his question and was rather surprises that their new teammate had offered to do something like this in the first place. While it may help build some form of trust between the four, it wouldn’t exactly be that easy. Granted, it did help distract the wolf faunus from teasing her. “To be honest, I don’t really have anything I want to ask you at the moment, Would it be ok if I saved it for later.”

Draco raised a brow as he listened to Asgore and made a mental note to make sure that his teammate didn’t take things too far with Yuki. Granted, he had gotten close to her as well, so he may or may not have been a bit protective of her as well. For now, though, he would try to joke around, if only to help ease the tension he felt. “I suppose that would make sense. Granted, I’m not exactly intersted in him like that, so I’ll try to let him off easy if it comes to that.” 

• 3 weeks later...

@Drago Ryder@Acnologia

Asgore chuckled and said "you love her as well don't you?" he asked at the end as they arrived back up the Blackgate. He saw his nephew glaring with suspicion at the human. He grimaced slightly and whispered "See what I mean when you insult their work?" he asked with a hushed tone. He sighed to himself slightly.