Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Mediocrity That Grinds Your Gears

AlbaTross

So, recent events in my day to day life have inspired this thread, and I think it makes for an interesting discussion.  Last night I went to a movie with several friends, and it was one of those stupid Ultra AVX movies where you have to book your seats like it's a flipping sporting event, and it costs more than seeing the exact same movie and being able to sit wherever.  It's the worst idea ever and I don't know why movie theatres do this, but it should be banned.  At least 3D isn't as common anymore as that usually adds nothing to films and just costs extra.  Combine it with Ultra AVX and the theatre is just gouging us.  Too bad that's often the only way to see a movie.  At least IMAX has a point, but my local theatre doesn't have that.

I retract my statement last night when I told my friends Ultra AVX is the worst thing ever after having to reconfirm my booking for paintball this weekend and "adding more players".  Setting up my initial booking was already the most stressful thing ever, and the people I bought tickets from didn't mention that.  Apparently I need to know exactly how many people are coming, and I had to pay for all of their paintballs in advance, and I now have to print out all their forms.  I was under the impression that people could just pay for themselves when they go to the place, but nope.  I'm going to ask for people to kick in so I can pay for my credit card bill, and this is after BronyCAN.  I hope I enjoy paintballing because I'm never doing it again unless someone else books it.

So, I now open up this discussion to the rest of you.  What are some examples of mediocrity that just grinds your gears?

• Brohoof 2

For me, it was a movie adaptation to one of my favorite games of all time: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Admittedly I hyped this up more than I should've back in the day, but can you blame me? The game, while having a few flaws of it's own, is a masterpiece that still holds up for me; with the main exception being the combat.

That said the movie had potential to be epic, yet fun. It was neither. It felt so standard that you just forget about it, and that's just disappointing for me. Pure mediocrity!

Want mediocrity? Almost everything coming out from Hollywood for at the very least, the last decade, if not last two decades. Mediocre upon mediocre. A gold-wrapped turd is still a turd. Not all movies are at best mediocre. Some movies are genuinely a good watch.

Brain dead movies that makes you want to just go and kill yourself in a movie studio with an RPG. While they are filming. With a note saying "Stop making shit movies".

Star Wars Episode VII is one such mediocre-at-best movie. It was pretty much only Episode IV, just a re-brand with a woman and a black guy thrown in as MC's for those unique "non-stereotypes who are completely not stereotypical for their race and/or gender".

....And don't get me started on the garbage that is Twilight and/or 50 Shades..

• Brohoof 2

Spider-Man 3, I loved that series and I was sure the finale would be great. As a child, I was so hyped for it, I was positively bursting with excitement as I walked up to the movie theater. After the movie was over, I was just disappointed. It just ruined the series for me, I know it's a bit extreme to say that, especially when the first two can stand entirely on their own without three, but after seeing the movie and knowing how the series ends on a rather cheap note, I can't help but feel that same disappointment all over again.

Same with Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and The Conjuring. I'm still not sure if the general public regards The Conjuring as "the scariest movie ever" but it's alright at best and the fourth Pirates film was just a disappointment.

Just don't overhype anything, it leads to disappointment. 

Pretty much any fast food place you can name. The workers whine for 15 an hour but can't put the right order together or manage to make anything that does not look smashed with a hammer. 

Edit: I want to add that in Japan the workers next to NEVER mess up an order and the food always looks amazing and is out fast. Oh and guess what they make the same as in the US about 8 usd an hour 

Edited by Jedishy
  • Brohoof 1

The standard of road construction and repair/maintenance in the state of Colorado. I've been to 38 states and rarely have I encountered the type of substandard road quality as consistently as I have here in the Centennial State.  Now I know that Colorado's population boom has been (and is) incredibly difficult to keep up with and that it invariably will cause greater and more frequent wear and tear on our infrastructure, but whatever material they're using to 'pave' roads and 'fix' potholes and such is of a rubbery consistency that settles very quickly, especially in the hot summer heat that we get here, and makes many such 'repairs' almost like they weren't really repaired.  I also rarely see as many blown tires and tire chunks as well as general debris and litter on the side of major highways anywhere else.

• Brohoof 2

On 2017-09-08 at 11:28 AM, Jedishy said:

Pretty much any fast food place you can name. The workers whine for 15 an hour but can't put the right order together or manage to make anything that does not look smashed with a hammer. 

Edit: I want to add that in Japan the workers next to NEVER mess up an order and the food always looks amazing and is out fast. Oh and guess what they make the same as in the US about 8 usd an hour 

Oh, so you've been to Japan too?  Have you been to a Baskin Robins there?  They sing when they make your order and it's a perfect assembly line.  It's like people in Japan love going to work, or at least are far better at faking it than we are in NA.  I'm sure neoliberalism sucks no matter where you go, but at least in NA I can tell you that any kind of minimum wage service job gets old after a while.  Japan's just lit in so many ways it's amazing.  

Of course, as a tourist in any country we experience things differently than the locals.  We get to see and do all the cool things we want and invest in some souvenirs to take back home for the duration of the trip we've saved up for, but locals obviously experience things differently, having to live their lives there and work for a living.  I believe that if you really want to get the true experience of a place you'll have to live there for a bit and experience its medicrity...but that's really not the kind of trip I'd call fun.  It's just a notion I've entertained, and one I've definitely experienced the other side of whenever people claim how cool it is that in BC people can go to the beach in the morning and go skiing on a mountain in the evening on the same day.  Yeah, I guess that's true, and I can tell you I've never done it despite living here my whole life.  I still think Japan is lit though despite acknowledging that I've experienced it through an outsider's lens.

Speaking of mediocrity that grinds my gears, I really don't miss my retail job.  The chain of command at my current job is way more reasonable.  You know what, I just hate nonsensical bureaucracy that overcomplicates things in general.  Screw retail and similar entry level jobs.  It's the pinnacle of everything that annoys me about bureaucracy.  Why large organizations seem to think it makes sense not to keep to a predictable schedule is beyond me.  It's a load of bull that managers have to draft up a schedule every week and employees have to come in on their days off just to see the latest schedule as there's no better and more reasonable way to do it...except there is if the higher ups used their brains.  I'm so glad I'm into my career now and can put all that BS behind me.  

Just now, AlbaTross said:

Oh, so you've been to Japan too?  Have you been to a Baskin Robins there?  They sing when they make your order and it's a perfect assembly line.  It's like people in Japan love going to work, or at least are far better at faking it than we are in NA.  I'm sure neoliberalism sucks no matter where you go, but at least in NA I can tell you that any kind of minimum wage service job gets old after a while.  Japan's just lit in so many ways it's amazing.  

Of course, as a tourist in any country we experience things differently than the locals.  We get to see and do all the cool things we want and invest in some souvenirs to take back home for the duration of the trip we've saved up for, but locals obviously experience things differently, having to live their lives there and work for a living.  I believe that if you really want to get the true experience of a place you'll have to live there for a bit and experience its medicrity...but that's really not the kind of trip I'd call fun.  It's just a notion I've entertained, and one I've definitely experienced the other side of whenever people claim how cool it is that in BC people can go to the beach in the morning and go skiing on a mountain in the evening on the same day.  Yeah, I guess that's true, and I can tell you I've never done it despite living here my whole life.  I still think Japan is lit though despite acknowledging that I've experienced it through an outsider's lens.

Speaking of mediocrity that grinds my gears, I really don't miss my retail job.  The chain of command at my current job is way more reasonable.  You know what, I just hate nonsensical bureaucracy that overcomplicates things in general.  Screw retail and similar entry level jobs.  It's the pinnacle of everything that annoys me about bureaucracy.  Why large organizations seem to think it makes sense not to keep to a predictable schedule is beyond me.  It's a load of bull that managers have to draft up a schedule every week and employees have to come in on their days off just to see the latest schedule as there's no better and more reasonable way to do it...except there is if the higher ups used their brains.  I'm so glad I'm into my career now and can put all that BS behind me.  

NA= North America? As for needing to live there to see the mediocrity well I did. For six years while I was in the Navy I had a house off base and spent pleanty of time there. And the customer service was almost 100% flawless at all times. As for entry level jobs sucking, I guess after being in the military I am just hard pressed to see what people are complaining about. If I'm not doing a 22-hour shift at sea I'm happy. Calling/coming in on my off days was so standard as to be trivial to me now. Heck right now I am getting into the legal field and will be working whatever hours my lawyers want me to when big cases come. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Jedishy said:

NA= North America? As for needing to live there to see the mediocrity well I did. For six years while I was in the Navy I had a house off base and spent pleanty of time there. And the customer service was almost 100% flawless at all times. As for entry level jobs sucking, I guess after being in the military I am just hard pressed to see what people are complaining about. If I'm not doing a 22-hour shift at sea I'm happy. Calling/coming in on my off days was so standard as to be trivial to me now. Heck right now I am getting into the legal field and will be working whatever hours my lawyers want me to when big cases come. 

I hear you (6 year Navy Veteran who spent 3 years on a ship home-ported in Yokosuka myself).  Unfortunately there's plenty of mediocrity in the DoD civilian side of the house (been working for the Army on a maintenance depot for the past 8 years):  I mean I try to do my best to make sure that the soldier out in the field is getting good working equipment, but it seems like the base CO & most of the upper civilian chain of command are more interested in bean-counting, shoving crappy, pointless (and over-priced) production tracking software down my throat & generally doing their best to keep me from doing my dang job than actually working for the war fighters out in the field.  And if that wasn't bad enough, it seems that all too many of the other DoD civilians & contractors are too busy goofing off and/or schlepping out the bare minimum, which means I have to reject almost a third of the parts I get back from paint & cleaning due to the people in those departments not giving enough of a crap to do their jobs right....

But if I can keep up with my quota & make sure that it's done right & not have to work mandatory overtime, I can deal with it.  Mostly.

Just now, DJ_Bonebraker said:

I hear you (6 year Navy Veteran who spent 3 years on a ship home-ported in Yokosuka myself).  Unfortunately there's plenty of mediocrity in the DoD civilian side of the house (been working for the Army on a maintenance depot for the past 8 years):  I mean I try to do my best to make sure that the soldier out in the field is getting good working equipment, but it seems like the base CO & most of the upper civilian chain of command are more interested in bean-counting, shoving crappy, pointless (and over-priced) production tracking software down my throat & generally doing their best to keep me from doing my dang job than actually working for the war fighters out in the field.  And if that wasn't bad enough, it seems that all too many of the other DoD civilians & contractors are too busy goofing off and/or schlepping out the bare minimum, which means I have to reject almost a third of the parts I get back from paint & cleaning due to the people in those departments not giving enough of a crap to do their jobs right....

But if I can keep up with my quota & make sure that it's done right & not have to work mandatory overtime, I can deal with it.  Mostly.

I am a six-year vet myself and did five ish of those six in Yoko. My landlord was the guy that ran the country bar in the Honch along with a few other places 

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

I am a six-year vet myself and did five ish of those six in Yoko. My landlord was the guy that ran the country bar in the Honch along with a few other places 

Nice!  The last year and a half I was in Yokosuka, I shared rent with 5 friends for a large (for Japan) house in Uraga.  One of said friends (who I'm friends with on FB) went back to Japan with his wife in 2012 and said that house was gone:  It got wiped out, along with almost everything else along that street when the Tsunami hit in 2011.

TBH, I never really spent that much time in the Honch (I did occasionally eat dinner at this Karaoke bar called Budweiser's & generally impressed the hell out of the owner & the barmaids by singing J-pop songs in Japanese & generally being able to hold a reasonable conversation in Japanese).  Due to aforementioned ability to speak Japanese with a reasonable degree of fluency, I was most often found ranging fairly far & wide during my time off:  I went to Akihabara a lot (as a matter of fact, I built a fairly high-end PC at the Tsukumo store at Akihabara & am still using the case & FDD for my current gaming PC) as well as the rest of Tokyo, Odawara, Kamakura & Hakone.  I even went as far as Atami one summer to hit the beaches.  I tended to get stared at a lot when I went to some of the areas off the usual foreign tourist path.  I learned fairly quickly to go to one of the ubiquitous vendor carts that you could find along most streets in japan & buy something small & say something to the person running the stall in Japanese... Once the people found out I could speak Japanese, they'd stop staring and come over & start asking all kinds of questions... Great way to meet people.  Those were good times.  I kinda wish I could go back to Japan sometime. :yay:

Edit:  You should also be able to guess what I did in the Navy based on my avatar. ;)

Edited by DJ_Bonebraker

4 minutes ago, DJ_Bonebraker said:

Nice!  The last year and a half I was in Yokosuka, I shared rent with 5 friends for a large (for Japan) house in Uraga.  One of said friends (who I'm friends with on FB) went back to Japan with his wife in 2012 and said that house was gone:  It got wiped out, along with almost everything else along that street when the Tsunami hit in 2011.

TBH, I never really spent that much time in the Honch (I did occasionally eat dinner at this Karaoke bar called Budweiser's & generally impressed the hell out of the owner & the barmaids by singing J-pop songs in Japanese & generally being able to hold a reasonable conversation in Japanese).  Due to aforementioned ability to speak Japanese with a reasonable degree of fluency, I was most often found ranging fairly far & wide during my time off:  I went to Akihabara a lot (as a matter of fact, I built a fairly high-end PC at the Tsukumo store at Akihabara & am still using the case & FDD for my current gaming PC) as well as the rest of Tokyo, Odawara, Kamakura & Hakone.  I even went as far as Atami one summer to hit the beaches.  I tended to get stared at a lot when I went to some of the areas off the usual foreign tourist path.  I learned fairly quickly to go to one of the ubiquitous vendor carts that you could find along most streets in japan & buy something small & say something to the person running the stall in Japanese... Once the people found out I could speak Japanese, they'd stop staring and come over & start asking all kinds of questions... Great way to meet people.  Those were good times.  I kinda wish I could go back to Japan sometime. :yay:

Edit:  You should also be able to guess what I did in the Navy based on my avatar. ;)

I liked to visit Kamakura and Tokyo myself. Been to Akihabara. My avatar would be a headset with arrow. I miss the vending machines and Boss coffee 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

I liked to visit Kamakura and Tokyo myself. Been to Akihabara. My avatar would be a headset with arrow. I miss the vending machines and Boss coffee 

ST. eh? ;)

I used to get the hot Milk Tea & Dydo Energy Gym drinks from those machines, but I hear ya... Which I guess is another thing that grinds my gears:  Never had a single vending machine rip me off in Japan, yet I've lost track of how many times vending machines stateside have eaten my money...  One of the reasons I don't bother with them anymore unless it's a dire emergency (like the time I hit up one of the Monster vending machines at the S Carolina welcome center rest stop because it was midnight & I still had at least 2 and a half hours left to drive to get to my uncle's house & I was having trouble staying awake).

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, DJ_Bonebraker said:

ST. eh? ;)

I used to get the hot Milk Tea & Dydo Energy Gym drinks from those machines, but I hear ya... Which I guess is another thing that grinds my gears:  Never had a single vending machine rip me off in Japan, yet I've lost track of how many times vending machines stateside have eaten my money...  One of the reasons I don't bother with them anymore unless it's a dire emergency (like the time I hit up one of the Monster vending machines at the S Carolina welcome center rest stop because it was midnight & I still had at least 2 and a half hours left to drive to get to my uncle's house & I was having trouble staying awake).

Pocari Sweat was great for a hang over. Did ya ever do the trick of putting hot drinks in your jacket during a long shore patrol in the winter? Keeps ya warm and you have something to drink all night. Oh and I found out the hard way that black black gum had caffeine in it. Chewed it all day while chugging energy drinks due to a two to seven shore watch then first watch getting underway. 

Edited by Jedishy
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Pacari Sweat was great for a hang over. Did ya ever do the trick of putting hot drinks in your jacket during a long shore patrol in the winter? Keeps ya warm and you have something to drink all night. Oh and I found out the hard way that black black gum had caffeine in it. Chewed it all day while chugging energy drinks due to a two to seven shore watch then first watch getting underway. 

Since I pretty much ONLY got shore patrol on my duty days the last 2 years I was in Yoko, yeah, I used that trick a lot. And Black Black gum didn't JUST have caffeine in it:  I can read Japanese well enough to read most ingredient lists, and it also listed nicotine as one of its other energy ingredients.  When I found that out, I didn't buy any more & only used what I had left for dire emergencies such as having to perform emergency repairs on my radar system for 12 hours, followed by the 0000-0600 watch on said radar....

• Brohoof 1

Just now, DJ_Bonebraker said:

Since I pretty much ONLY got shore patrol on my duty days the last 2 years I was in Yoko, yeah, I used that trick a lot. And Black Black gum didn't JUST have caffeine in it:  I can read Japanese well enough to read most ingredient lists, and it also listed nicotine as one of its other energy ingredients.  When I found that out, I didn't buy any more & only used what I had left for dire emergencies such as having to perform emergency repairs on my radar system for 12 hours, followed by the 0000-0600 watch on said radar....

Oh holy crap no wonder I had the shakes that day lol. Man I miss some of the travel that I got to do. Thailand and Australia especially. I also miss real ramen and sushi. Sushi go rounds were awesome

• Brohoof 1

At work i show up on time and everone else saunters in late by half an hour or more, complains how early it is, slowly and crappily do their work, then somehow feel justified to leave before me. I have a family I desperatly want to go home to and they're single late 20s/early 30s who live at home  with their parents. it's like a mediocrity factory and one of these things isn't like the other (me)

• Brohoof 1

@Jedishy, DJ_Bonebreaker: It sounds like you two are well beyond the realm of mediocrity and into the realm of the extraordinary.  I couldn't possibly do what you do, lol.   By the way DJ, do you have any tips on trying to learn Japanese?  Speaking of mediocrity that grinds my gears, that language is so difficult, and I have some manga and videogames I'll probably never get to as I don't read them well enough.   I could read a list of ingredients if they're in Katakana, but my take on that is that those words are still in English but are encoded for Japanese speakers.  Most of the actual meat of the Japanese language still eludes me, and I really don't have the time anymore to dedicate to getting it down.  I knew just enough to save my dad's life while we were in Japan but that's a story for another time.

Sounds like you should speak to the upper management PiratePony. That's not what I would consider fair.

22 hours ago, PiratePony said:

At work i show up on time and everone else saunters in late by half an hour or more, complains how early it is, slowly and crappily do their work, then somehow feel justified to leave before me. I have a family I desperatly want to go home to and they're single late 20s/early 30s who live at home  with their parents. it's like a mediocrity factory and one of these things isn't like the other (me)

Sounds a lot like a good number of the people where I work... You wouldn't happen to work for the government by and chance?

@AlbaTross  Boy, I'm not sure where to start exactly, especially since my Japanese is pretty rusty due to not speaking it regularly for at least 13 years.  I can still pretty much follow what people are saying when watching sub-titled films and anime before I read the sub-titles (and tell when they've deliberately mis-translated the Japanese in the sub-titles, like this one scene near the end of Jet Li's Fearless).    I was completely self-taught, but I happen to have a knack for picking up languages (I can speak or understand Japanese, German, Spanish & French with varying degrees of fluency & only had formal classes for 2 of them).

The best advice I can give you is to learn the basic grammar & not rely too much on those books that claim to make learning Japanese "easy" by just teaching you commonly-used phrases and ignoring the grammar.  The first reason is that Japanese grammar & sentence structure is really easy once you learn the basic rules:  verb always goes at the end of the sentence, most adverbs are actually common verb endings that are the same for all verbs with like maybe half a dozen exceptions, not like English where the exceptions outnumber the words that follow the rules, the subject of the sentence is always followed by "wa" or "ga", the direct object is followed by a "(w)o" unless it's a motion verb, then it's followed by "e"  E.g. "I went to the store" = "Watashi wa mise e ikimashita";  "I bought a TV at the store" = "Watashi wa mise ni terebi (w)o kaimashita"

Once you get the basics & learn what I call the "dictionary phrases" (a.k.a. phrases used to describe an object, person, action or location), it's just a matter of increasing your vocabulary....  Try to find books that cover stuff like that.  Also, at a bare minimum, learn Hiragana as well as Katakana, since pretty much all restaurant menu boards are written in Hiragana and the kanji on trainstations have small hiragana above the Kanji (called furigana) telling you how it's pronounced.  Believe it or not, but there's a lot of native Japanese speakers who can barely read Kanji, if they can read it at all.  You do want to memorize the kanji for Yen and all numbers up to 10,000, since that will let you count to/read numbers up to  10 million, and you only need to remember a total of 14 characters to do that....  That will let you read the price tags on anything.

I hope that helped a bit, but that's pretty much the best I can do without turning this post into a way off-topic Wall o' Text™...

1 hour ago, DJ_Bonebraker said:

Sounds a lot like a good number of the people where I work... You wouldn't happen to work for the government by and chance?

@AlbaTross  Boy, I'm not sure where to start exactly, especially since my Japanese is pretty rusty due to not speaking it regularly for at least 13 years.  I can still pretty much follow what people are saying when watching sub-titled films and anime before I read the sub-titles (and tell when they've deliberately mis-translated the Japanese in the sub-titles, like this one scene near the end of Jet Li's Fearless).    I was completely self-taught, but I happen to have a knack for picking up languages (I can speak or understand Japanese, German, Spanish & French with varying degrees of fluency & only had formal classes for 2 of them).

The best advice I can give you is to learn the basic grammar & not rely too much on those books that claim to make learning Japanese "easy" by just teaching you commonly-used phrases and ignoring the grammar.  The first reason is that Japanese grammar & sentence structure is really easy once you learn the basic rules:  verb always goes at the end of the sentence, most adverbs are actually common verb endings that are the same for all verbs with like maybe half a dozen exceptions, not like English where the exceptions outnumber the words that follow the rules, the subject of the sentence is always followed by "wa" or "ga", the direct object is followed by a "(w)o" unless it's a motion verb, then it's followed by "e"  E.g. "I went to the store" = "Watashi wa mise e ikimashita";  "I bought a TV at the store" = "Watashi wa mise ni terebi (w)o kaimashita"

Once you get the basics & learn what I call the "dictionary phrases" (a.k.a. phrases used to describe an object, person, action or location), it's just a matter of increasing your vocabulary....  Try to find books that cover stuff like that.  Also, at a bare minimum, learn Hiragana as well as Katakana, since pretty much all restaurant menu boards are written in Hiragana and the kanji on trainstations have small hiragana above the Kanji (called furigana) telling you how it's pronounced.  Believe it or not, but there's a lot of native Japanese speakers who can barely read Kanji, if they can read it at all.  You do want to memorize the kanji for Yen and all numbers up to 10,000, since that will let you count to/read numbers up to  10 million, and you only need to remember a total of 14 characters to do that....  That will let you read the price tags on anything.

I hope that helped a bit, but that's pretty much the best I can do without turning this post into a way off-topic Wall o' Text™...

Well, I do have hiragana, katakana and the number kanji down, plus the one for yen (which strangely enough isn't the symbol for yen that's used whenever it's brought up in English).  I guess that just leaves the basics of sentence structure and grammar.  I think I have good books, but investing in more doesn't seem to help.  I have one guide called Japanese The Manga Way that has been pretty helpful, but I fell off the bandwagon of reading through it.  I always fall off the bandwagon before too long as it's not like I just have all day to study Japanese.  

On the plus side all the manga magazines I have, including the manga for older readers, includes furigana on virtually all kanji, at least in the comics themselves.  Other text doesn't always have it, but the manga is the main attraction with these big massive things anyways.  Unfortunately the games I brought back don't have it, but I guess that just means I'll have to use the manga as a stepping stone, if I can get to the point where it will work as a stepping stone that is.  As it stands, there's a Rarity meme somewhere that describes how I feel just looking at this stuff.

• Every Call of Duty game after Black Ops, and even then Black Ops' campaign mode as well. For just being unremarkable, and recycled.
  • Really stupid, pointless, or otherwise bad episodes of good TV shows *cough cough* Catspaw, Together Breakfast, Hard to Say Anything *cough cough.*
  • Absurdly biased video game reviews (IGN is REALLY bad about it).
  • Brohoof 1

The food at my university is pretty awful. Last year I actually got sick from it and had to miss class twice. The students working there are also terrible at their job. They either cook things wrong or mess up orders. This one time they spilled food on me as they handed it off. 

• 1 month later...

Lots of CoD campaigns since MW2 have been pretty mediocre with only a few bright spots here and there(BlOPs 1, Infinite Warfare, WWII), but MW3 was one of the worst offenders. MW1 and MW2 did a lot of interesting things with their campaigns such as the nuke scene, General Shepard's betrayal, and America's general stupidity being responsible for starting another World War; MW3 decides to throw that all out the window in favor of more "'MURICA FUCK YEAH" bollocks and in the SAS campaign making you some random nobody named Yuri who was suddenly an important character in MW1 and 2 because of shitty writing, while unceremoniously killing off the original main character in MW1 and the best character in the game near the end. That's not even getting into that edgy London car bomb scene

Edited by Kiryu-Chan