Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scoots' Parents' High Demanding Jobs

FlareGun45

Scoots' parents are one in the many parents in the show that still lie into the mystery category! It is claimed that her parents have high-demanding jobs. What could those jobs be anyway, brahs? Could be anything! One of them might travel alot, and the other just works all day and comes home at night and leaves early in the morning!

My theory, I think her dad could be a nurse at Ponyville General, and her mom is a royal guard! I say it like this because it could teach kids that no matter what career someone might choose, it is all gender neutral! Her dad would be the one that's doing all the errands around the house, and being a nurse takes alot of time, and it could be where Scoots gets her will to help ponies comes from! Her mom would be a great royal guard because she's brave and strong, and we have never seen a female royal guard yet! Better yet, maybe she took Shining Armor's place as captain of the guard, because who's captain now? We still don't know that either!

What do you think could be Scoots' parents' jobs?

I like those job options. I like to think that while both her parents have demanding jobs, the jobs themselves prevent only the complete family unit being together at one time, not that they are completely absent. Meaning, her mom could work nights, while her dad works during the day -- or visa versa. One parent is there, but it is rare that she sees both parents at the same time.

This eliminates the implication that Scootaloo is being criminally neglected (or at least no more that the other same aged kids). It also helps to explain the comment in Parental Glideance since she longs for the same complete unit that Rainbow Dash has. 

• Brohoof 2

It is my Head Canon that a lot of Pegasi have jobs in mail/package delivery, because they are faster than Earth Ponies, can carry more & farther than most Unicorns can teleport, and go places the trains don't.  This would be like being a long haul trucker IRL.

They work all day keeping up the barrier to the Earth so neither the ponies nor us discover the other is real. Imagine the fiasco if they fell apart!

Obviously they started slipping up a couple years ago.

Other than that I think the OPs idea is perfectly valid. It almost has to be something that takes them away from Ponyville for extended time or at the very least keeps them extremely occupied with the workload. Either that or they are just not the most attentive parents perhaps?

What if Scootaloo doesn't live with her parents, but with another family member, such as an aunt or something? Maybe that said family member has health issues that won't allow them to leave the house? That would explain why we have never seen anyone related to scootaloo wandering around the town, and we have only seen inside of her house once.    

4 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Either that or they are just not the most attentive parents perhaps?

Just like Timmy Turner's parents .... 

OMG Scootaloo is Timmy Turner! It all fits!