Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler This movie was great! What was your thoughts?

Stickman, The Legend

It was really good.  I had hoped that it might do something that would push it from an extended episode to something that would click with a larger audience.  Still, I loved it.  All of the characters seemed to have their part to play, with maybe Applejack being shortchanged on screen time.  Seeing the ponies on the big screen was awesome, and I liked all the little cameos thrown in.  The animation was absolutely gorgeous.  The songs were really good, but the one by Tempest really stood out to me.  Rarity melting down and declaring "the bad guys have won!" was adorable, as was Fluttershy asking one of the big baddies "You look tense.  Do you want to talk about it?".   All in all, it was great for someone who is a fan of the show, but not sure what people who don't follow the show will make of it.  It was interesting seeing Twilight falter under pressure, but I had hoped for a deeper storyline regarding friendship.  Still, it was an epic first outing for this version of MLP, and I hope another movie is in the works.

I absolutely LOVED IT!! It's easily the best movie I've seen in 2 years. It brought back all the great old feelings I used to get when I first discovered the show back in season 2. It was funny, sad, beautiful and it avoided a few of the little nitpicks I often have for the show. The new characters were fantastic and very well rendered; not just cutouts with no soul or dimension. And the villains were top notch! The Storm King was both absurd and menacing, so he was interesting every step of the way. And Tempest, don't even get me started on her! She was a CLASSIC! Her backstory actually brought me to tears. This movie didn't seem to be afraid to break new ground or take chances with the main characters. Even Twilight showed a few flaws that made her an even more wonderful character than we already knew and loved. This movie blew me away and I can't wait to see it again!! 

When I "love" a movie, I always plan on seeing it again for a second time. Maybe even a third or a fourth if I REALLY love it, like I did with The Dark Knight so many years ago. I didn't get that feeling with MLP. It was okay. I'm glad I got to see it in a theater, but I won't be buying another ticket to see it again. If I catch it on Netflix, and there are no new episodes of FIM airing, maybe I'll give it another watch, if only to gaze at the amazing visuals.