Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Nightmare Night Art Contest!

Dark Horse

Hey everypony! :D

With Nightmare Night fast approaching, we felt it time to reintroduce an old MLP Forums tradition and get ourselves into the festive spirit with a Nightmare Night themed art contest! :muffins:

This contest will be open to any and all, irrespective of artistic skill. Feel like you want to make a contribution to the holidays? Well, now is your chance!

However, in the time-honored sense of fair competition, we do have one simple guideline for all entries to follow: That they depict a scene featuring at least one of our Poniverse Mascots. It's entirely up to yourselves who or how many you want to include, but we want to see what scenarios you can come up with under this heading.

(If you need reminders or references of what our mascots look like, images will be included in the following post.)

Entries can be submitted as of this announcement going live! All entries should be submitted to: contest@poniverse.net. Submissions end on October 31st at 2PM EST/1PM Central SHARP. So get cracking if you want the most amount of time to work!

But wait...! You may be wondering what exactly is up for grabs in this contest? Well, I'm glad you asked! If your piece is selected to be a winner, you could be in with a shot of:

First Place Prize: A special "Nightmare Night" badge applied to your profile to display your victory across the forum! You will also receive a complementary $35 commissions voucher to spend as you wish within our commissions section, as well as have your piece featured!

Second Place Prize: You will receive a $25 commissions voucher to spend as you please within our commissions section.

Third Place Prize: You will receive a $10 commissions voucher to spend as you please within our commissions section.

Remember that you will need an active MLP Forums account in order to claim any of these prizes!

If you have any additional questions relating to the contest, feel free to leave either a comment on this thread, or contact @Heart Container for assistance.

And with all that said, I now declare this contest officially OPEN! :love:

Best of luck everypony!

• Brohoof 9

1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

Hey everypony! :D

With Nightmare Night fast approaching, we felt it time to reintroduce an old MLP Forums tradition and get ourselves into the festive spirit with a Nightmare Night themed art contest! :muffins:

This contest will be open to any and all, irrespective of artistic skill. Feel like you want to make a contribution to the holidays? Well, now is your chance!

However, in the time-honored sense of fair competition, we do have one simple guideline for all entries to follow: That they depict a scene featuring at least one of our Poniverse Mascots. It's entirely up to yourselves who or how many you want to include, but we want to see what scenarios you can come up with under this heading.

(If you need reminders or references of what our mascots look like, images will be included in the following post.)

Entries can be submitted as of this announcement going live! All entries should be submitted to: contest@poniverse.net. Submissions end on October 31st at 2PM EST/1PM Central SHARP. So get cracking if you want the most amount of time to work!

But wait...! You may be wondering what exactly is up for grabs in this contest? Well, I'm glad you asked! If your piece is selected to be a winner, you could be in with a shot of:

First Place Prize: A special "Nightmare Night" badge applied to your profile to display your victory across the forum! You will also receive a complementary $35 commissions voucher to spend as you wish within our commissions section, as well as have your piece featured!

Second Place Prize: You will receive a $25 commissions voucher to spend as you please within our commissions section.

Third Place Prize: You will receive a $10 commissions voucher to spend as you please within our commissions section.

Remember that you will need an active MLP Forums account in order to claim any of these prizes!

If you have any additional questions relating to the contest, feel free to leave either a comment on this thread, or contact @Heart Container for assistance.

And with all that said, I now declare this contest officially OPEN! :love:

Best of luck everypony!

To follow up, i will be posting the pictures/references of the mascots of PV soon

• Brohoof 3

I apologize it took this long everyone, but here is the long overdue References of each individual Mascots for each department of Poniverse, including Pixel

Department Mascots

Pixel Wavelength: Poniverse Mascot

1.thumb.png.9e5a8fb7667e8bd02d0a972541719bef.png 

Buffy: MLP Forums

2.thumb.png.8188d63a37e71248d7bc0a6c621b2556.png

Viola: Pony.fm

3.thumb.png.344f1e8c3699f32b4bf9c1ce19900d37.png

Misty Nights, Sunshine Serenade (Official Mascots) Wordplay, Fair Dice (Comics Mentors): Canterlot Avenue

59e8d0b95a2a6_4(1).thumb.png.56e79dd3b14b4ab6878d969c29c3fc8a.png 59e8d387ae6ce_4(2).thumb.png.3f358d508fca5c7893eb27af53cce200.png 59e8d513490d2_4(3).png.4fe7ef856544f4973c86b7d0c7e1cde0.png 59e8d53c03d3e_4(4).thumb.png.63293002471ebe96af7fd7633016b640.png

Azura Peavielle: Ponyvile Live!

5.thumb.png.18de6ae4de75074b0d6f6e9608b66194.png

Viridion Meadows: Equestria.tv

6.thumb.png.2dbe975e7012f444a5b26ee70339f522.png

Nova Blast, Aurora Gleam, Gemini Star: PoniArcade

59e8e16d442cf_7(1).thumb.png.7e462c6f005841904810208dee4f730f.png 59e8e19755b2e_7(23).png.d7c0ef545a03050eccb6280cecfc15ec.png

Once again, don't forget to contact me if you have any questions! Each character is displayed in the order the names are listed. we want to wish everyone good luck with this contest, and don't forget, you can be as creative as you wish to be. Again, Good luck! 

• Brohoof 11

Good Morning everypony!

Just want to leave a message here to inform everyone that there is a new update for the contest and what you can submit.

While the contest will remain Nightmare Night themed, you are free to draw your OCs or friend's OCs. It is not an obligation to draw the Poniverse mascots to participate. This decision was reached, as we felt as we were not allowing you guys to use your creativity, by limiting you all to only the mascots. 

Any previous submissions will continue to participate as normal, and all prizes will remain the same. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through DMs at any time!

We apologize that this is a little late, but it is something we thought might work best for everyone.

With that said, Good Luck!

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

4 days is a little short, but i will see what i can put together in this time.

Originally the contest was supposed to be this way first, but I was told that trying to involve the mascots would have been a slightly better idea. This is the first contest I organize for Poniverse, so i'm quite learning what works and what doesn't work. I apologize.

Hi everypony! 

We'd like to inform you that the time to submit your art for the art contest has now here been closed. Thank you for everyone that had participated, and we appreciate your great efforts! We will be taking the time to analyze each submission and we will have the list of winners up very soon!

Again, thank you so much for participating, despite the short timeframe we had with this contest. We hope to be a bit more prepared for the future contests, but once again, thank you for participating and Good Luck to all participants! :)

• Brohoof 2

Greetings, everyone!

I spoke with the rest of the PR team, and we came to the realization that there were not enough entries for the art contest. We also realized that some of the submissions were not completed due to the timeframe we had established for this contest, and it is unfair to judge unfinished art.

therefore, we have all agreed to re-open submissions for this contest for two weeks, starting today. We want to give artists ample time to do their submission and complete any past entries as well. Therefore, the deadline is extended until November 16th until 2 PM EST/EDT. 

The previously stated guidelines apply. With that said, good luck to everyone, and I hope to see those who entered previously, but couldn’t finish the entry, to go ahead and finish them, so that they can be fairly judged.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Just like to remind you that the deadline for the contest will be closing down tomorrow at 2PM EST/EDT. If you have any submissions that you would like to turn in, or have already submitted something but have not completed it, please make sure that you submit the completed piece before the due date. 

all past participants do not have to resubmit, and everything else will remain the same.

Good Luck!

• Brohoof 2

Hello everyone!

I apologize that this is a little late. Work is a wonderful thing!

This is to tlet everyone know that the contest has closed today at 2PM EST. Staff will determine the winners in the next few upcoming days and we will announce them once we have them on social media and on here. We ask that you pay close attention to this thread for when we make that announcement.

The PR team thanks everyone that participated during this contest, and we hope to have more contests and activities like this later. Thanks, again for participating everyone!

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the time is here, everyone!

It is time to announce the winners of the Nightmare Night art contest, YAY!

Sorry it has taken us a while. We have been busy, busy, busy at the Poniverse Headquarters drinking some tea and making eggnog for the lots of you! lol. 

Anyway, here are the winners!

First Place: Goldie with his awesome hand drawn art of a few mascots cosplaying for Nightmare Night! Amazing work! well done.

IMG_0243.thumb.JPG.32ba84633e7dcda4ae8fcadfe83603f6.JPG

Second Place: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) by Crystal Peppermint. Very nice work you have here.

5a1c646739c00_DiadelosMuertos.thumb.png.f93631518e0892a926ef2b05a4a42fe4.png

Third Place: Nightmare Moon transformation by BigHun Traps. Amazing work as well, well done!CT1.thumb.jpg.721aaf9ad30bfbb05a6f7e80b21abb7c.jpg

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

We want to thank Louis M. for taking their time to create this art piece, while they were unable to finish it, it is still a great piece of art that deserves recognition, as it took time and dedication to make what is there. Thank you Louis M. for participating, and for your efforts, you will be awarded a beautiful participation badge that will be displayed on your profile.5a1c668fe7c12_Notdone1.thumb.png.4dbd3d6ad55d80aca558b62c672544a2.png

BADGE GIVEN TO ALL PARTICIPANTS:

Badge_maybe.thumb.png.502bedb2f256788d0ec54592df6062a2.png

I will be contacting all participants through E-mail and through MLP Forums to inform them of the great news. Thank you everyone for participating, and I am sure that this will not be the last contest. 

All you lovelies have a wonderful day!

• Brohoof 3