Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching EQG: Heroes and Villains of Manehattan (2 slots open)

Buck Testa

2 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Okay so you work night shifts? I guess that's maybe why it's almost time for bed now! Anyways WG should reply in a couple of minutes! Plus I'll add some more stuff to my post in a moment so just wait for me to edit it before you reply! :)

Nah I'm just a night owl and I stay up late, then go to bed in the morning in my timezone basically. I don't work, but when I'm tired I go to bed. If I post now the earliest I could post again is at least 12 hours from now if not later, and that might leave people hanging. Let's not rush WG and see what he gets out

Edited by Lektra Bolt

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Nah I'm just a night owl and I stay up late, then go to bed in the morning in my timezone basically. I don't work, but when I'm tired I go to bed. If I post now the earliest I could post again is at least 12 hours from now if not later, and that might leave people hanging. Let's not rush WG and see what he gets out

Yeah really it's currently 9:48PM here in Melbourne right now so I'll be going to bed soon anyways! Plus you can reply now as I just edited my post and added some more stuff to it! :)

• Brohoof 1

It's four in the morning and I need my sleep please be patient with my posting!

@Buck Testa

I'm serious about the 2nd part of my last post. How the heck did I get caught despite Narrating very clearly I wouldn't?!

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Buck Testa

I'm serious about the 2nd part of my last post. How the heck did I get caught despite Narrating very clearly I wouldn't?!

YOU didn't get caught, but you were next to Techno who was being quite loud. Like I said, your power only controls you. You do not control the environment. 

3 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Buck Testa

We blame Techno obviously? You and I didn't get caught, he did and then got us caught as well by association.

Also Buck I have no idea what you have bird lady talking about red things. Clearly its a wireless code hack with no hardware attachments involved on the actual cameras.

I'm going to bed also :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Before stepping back into the shadows and letting the dummy mostly handle saving himself on his own, I gave him some help. Sorry about the late edit you might not have noticed. Buck you posted before my post replying to those two was finished and I had to add those edits hastily. Much apology

Edited by Lektra Bolt

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Before stepping back into the shadows and letting the dummy mostly handle saving himself on his own, I gave him some help. Sorry about the late edit you might not have noticed. Buck posted before my post replying to those two was finished and I had to add those edits hastily. Much apology

No problem. I'll see if I can add those things into the current post. I would definitely prefer that you don't retroactively add responses in battles, but I'll go with it this time. 

• Brohoof 1

Thanks, and don't worry I don't usually do that. It's just I was the last post at the time and pretty much posted like a couple seconds after you, then had to hastily edit, and well it didn't come out all that great as you see

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah I think he's probably going to now be at 18-19 points right now! :)

Yep, your character is in a bit of a pickle right now. I don't want to player kill the first mission if I can help it, but your chances of survival right now are getting slimmer. Can't just let ya yell around the dock without making you pay for it. 

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Thanks, and don't worry I don't usually do that. It's just I was the last post at the time and pretty much posted like a couple seconds after you, then had to hastily edit, and well it didn't come out all that great as you see

No problemo, we're all getting acclimated to the new rp. 

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa @Lektra Bolt

Right in the middle of me trying to respond to Lektra asking if she knew me, @Buck Testa's response came up with a pop-up saying "show post" and I couldn't risk losing all my current writing by touching it.

So if I post anything late that seems earlier than the most recent post, it's likely because I was slowly, but carefully trying to respond.

In fact, right now, for the past few minutes as I was phone tapping this out, a pop-up saying "Techno Universal has replied Show Reply" appeared at the bottom and I'm struggling not to accidently hit it and risk losing all this text....

HEY! Now it says there's 2 new replies while I was finishing that last sentence! Slow down guys.

There, @Buck Testa, do you now see why I hate tapping out large posts on my phone that take almost an hour to do? I prefer shorter posts and more cushions of time to react to longer posts!

4 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Yep, your character is in a bit of a pickle right now. I don't want to player kill the first mission if I can help it, but your chances of survival right now are getting slimmer. Can't just let ya yell around the dock without making you pay for it. 

No problemo, we're all getting acclimated to the new rp. 

Well Techno is now using the container itself to protect himself from the gunfire as he's lying down in the top of it now! :)

I have a couple ideas if he doesn't get himself PKed for stupidity by the time I'm able to post again, but that won't happen for a while. Hasty posts don't turn out well and I'm really gonna go to sleep now. I write best when not under pressure or tired. I'm not gonna leave him to die or get put in the hospital, but I'm just saying I can't do anything about it now. If TU messes himself up before that by fighting without backup cause I'm sleeping and/or busy IRL and can't write my character, I'm not responsible. There's no actual pressure to post usually, even in stuff like this that seems immediate life or death.

I have a similar problem WG, you're not alone in that problem.

So have fun until then you guys

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Let's all simmer down on the posting in the RP for now guys, let people on mobile get a chance to post. 

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Buck Testa @Lektra Bolt

Right in the middle of me trying to respond to Lektra asking if she knew me, @Buck Testa's response came up with a pop-up saying "show post" and I couldn't risk losing all my current writing by touching it.

So if I post anything late that seems earlier than the most recent post, it's likely because I was slowly, but carefully trying to respond.

In fact, right now, for the past few minutes as I was phone tapping this out, a pop-up saying "Techno Universal has replied Show Reply" appeared at the bottom and I'm struggling not to accidently hit it and risk losing all this text....

HEY! Now it says there's 2 new replies while I was finishing that last sentence! Slow down guys.

There, @Buck Testa, do you now see why I hate tapping out large posts on my phone that take almost an hour to do? I prefer shorter posts and more cushions of time to react to longer posts!

I can impose a turn order if that'll help. That way you can have your chance to post without others jumping the gun. 

I personally don't want a turn order, but what I would like to ask is how I run my RPs: Whoever has an action (fighting or talk) affecting their character or their vicinity, everyone in that AOE needs to post before more things happen. Order doesn't matter, as long as everyone gets 1 post per opponent action or conversation involving them.

This doesn't leave one RPer who's not indisposed taking all the brunt for many back and forth with the big bad just cause other players are busy with off-forum stuff, and allows everyone to post good and long/coherent posts.

Sound good? Do you have a better idea Buck? You're our GM after all, I'm just making a suggestion :)

passes out

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Let's all simmer down on the posting in the RP for now guys, let people on mobile get a chance to post. 

I can impose a turn order if that'll help. That way you can have your chance to post without others jumping the gun. 

The problem with that idea is that when Person B's turn comes and he's got nothing to say, but just wants to listen in on A and C's possible conversation, how could he easily tell that he's skipping the turn without causing confusion.

By the way, the quote button only works within the same topic. So if I wanted to quote something from the IC topic and discuss it in the OOC, then as far as I know, I'd be SOL.

Can we seriously stop typing for several hours? I NEED. my. SLEEP.

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I personally don't want a turn order, but what I would like to ask is how I run my RPs: Whoever has an action (fighting or talk) affecting their character or their vicinity, everyone in that AOE needs to post before more things happen. Order doesn't matter, as long as everyone gets 1 post per opponent action or conversation involving them.

This doesn't leave one RPer who's not indisposed taking all the brunt for many back and forth with the big bad just cause other players are busy with off-forum stuff, and allows everyone to post good and long/coherent posts.

Sound good? Do you have a better idea Buck?

passes out

What do you mean AOE?

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

By the way, the quote button only works within the same topic. So if I wanted to quote something from the IC topic and discuss it in the OOC, then as far as I know, I'd be SOL.

That's true. Cross quoting only works on non mobile, the way I drag my banner from previous posts as well

AOE =  Area of Effect

Passing out in 3.....2......1......

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Just now, Lektra Bolt said:

That's true. Cross quoting only works on non mobile, the way I drag my banner from previous posts as well

Next time, I'm on desktop, tell me how to do Cross Quoting in a PM. The process is not very intuitive! Ugh! Which won't happen until 6p.m. pacific time if not later.

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal @Lektra Bolt @WiiGuy2014 @silvermoon15000 @Denim&Venom

I'm imposing a loose turn order for this fight. 

Techno's already posted, Lektra will post later, and the rest of you can respond to this before I post again. 

Your situation is this: Techno's character got himself caught and is currently under heavy gunfire from the entirety of the dock. He's "safe" at the moment since he dived down, though that may change once I post. If you want to help save Techno, or if you want to jump into the fray, or whatever you intend to do, now is the time to do it. Once everyone's had a chance to post, I'll do my thing. If you want to take time to post, you'll be fine. I'll hold off on my action until everyone gets their word in. 

• Brohoof 2