How did she breathe?

age3rcm

22 minutes ago, MidnightRush said:

From breaking the 4th wall to breaking physics, Pinkie Pie is 10% pony and 90% magic.

Sounds about right for Pinkie. Almost any other pony would be in trouble, but this IS Pinkie we are talking about here...

ᚾᛖᚹ ᛚᚢᚾᚨ ᚱᛖᛈᚢᛒᛚᛁᚴ - ᚦᛖ ᚠᚢᚾ ᚺᚨᚦ ᛒᛖᛖᚾ ᛞᛟᚢᛒᛚᛖᛞ

image.png.1d67db17f637a25cb8070c016012d5cf.png

somehow i expected someone to reply with "do not talk about it its a cartoon" or even, "its a cartoon, it does not have to breathe"

but i will reply that pinkie pie switched the method of obtaining oxigen from the air by transferring the lungs abiliti to her mane and tail

4 hours ago, MidnightRush said:

wizarddidit.jpg

trixie is a wizard... right?
that time teixie had the alicorn amulet, would it count if the amulet was doing everything?

518558890_forumbanner.png.990f7e9ea42ab15804630f59627f9fb1.png

21 minutes ago, age3rcm said:

somehow i expected someone to reply with "do not talk about it its a cartoon" or even, "its a cartoon, it does not have to breathe"

but i will reply that pinkie pie switched the method of obtaining oxigen from the air by transferring the lungs abiliti to her mane and tail

Theory: Pinkie's mane is the real organism and her body is merely an extension of it

• Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, Ivan The Adorable said:

Theory: Pinkie's mane is the real organism and her body is merely an extension of it

Like Robert Heinlein's "The Puppet Masters", but with ponies.

• Brohoof 3

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

Well, there is the distinct possibility that sans mouth isn't really all that much of a hindrance to Ms. Pink of Pie. Like sawing off a faucet, cementing it shut and shutting it off, still doesn't mean that water can't still travel up the pipes; it just can't come out. Pinkie is merely subsequently muffled, not suffocated. Quite possibly something only she can cope with given her specialized role in the show as somewhat aware of her fictional existence. Because really...

She's more cartoon than mare now.

Beatings & Salivations Everybeing!   Creativity is something blatantly important to me as is no doubt evidenced by the 28 OCs I have posted here of the some forty plus I have, they're linked altogether at the bottom of my About Me page in my Profile & I would deeply cherish anything you wish to say about them! Among which of those I am proudest most of is my Draconequusona, His/My Ask Thread  and my Hydra, Gallimaufry or "Mauf" and their own Ask Thread!  Either way, sufficed to say, I am quite confident I have more OCs than you! Crazier to! Do You have a tatzelpony?! No, I rather think you don't! Hew-Hew-hew!

1 hour ago, age3rcm said:

trixie is a wizard... right?
that time teixie had the alicorn amulet, would it count if the amulet was doing everything?

Alicorn Amulet blesses the wearer with "untold powers." However, the more the bearer uses the amulet, the more it corrupts him or her. 

So yes, if/when trixie became corrupted it is very well possible that it was the Alicorn Amulet doing it.

But I'll bet my bits on that a wizard did it.

- Keep calm and Flitter on

mlpforumsflitterbanner.png.575e3dba859cbb29eca37a93191d58cf.png

She breathe by passing gas..

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

1 hour ago, age3rcm said:

I can do that in a more clever way. 

"A joke doesn't have to breathe."

In universe answer - magic 

production answer - It's a joke. It's Pinkie. Jokes involving Pinkie don't require reality. The writers simply didn't care to limit the humor by making sense due the character involved. Joke plus payoff in closing shot = giggles. Fair trade off. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Like Robert Heinlein's "The Puppet Masters", but with ponies.

Ok. I missed this the first time. Anyone that name drops Heinlein in a Pony discussion is simply kick ass. Congrats on being kick ass. 

Well, there are some things which humans - and ponies, for that matter - were simply not meant to know. Exactly which laws of nature Pinkie operates under is one of them. 

Extreme plot armor!

In-universe, though, my headcanon is that Pinkie Pie is not entirely a pony. More like a pony with a bit of draconequus blood in her. Hence her ability to teleport like Discord (or a unicorn), her ability to operate outside the normal constraints of space and time, and her ESP which doesn't seem to exist in other ponies apart from her own sister Maud.

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

22 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Extreme plot armor!

In-universe, though, my headcanon is that Pinkie Pie is not entirely a pony. More like a pony with a bit of draconequus blood in her. Hence her ability to teleport like Discord (or a unicorn), her ability to operate outside the normal constraints of space and time, and her ESP which doesn't seem to exist in other ponies apart from her own sister Maud.

Or scary thought - ALL rock farmers are like that, which is why they are trained from birth to be so stolid; Pinkie is an aberration and a danger to the entire ponyverse, which is why Maud has been sent to ponyville, in case there needs to be an intervention...

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

This is like asking, “Pinkie broke into pieces, how did she LIVE?”

tumblr_nwdoetCTjy1s56yepo1_500.gif

totally forgot about this scene!

how would i even start to think about this...

where do i begin?

• Brohoof 2

518558890_forumbanner.png.990f7e9ea42ab15804630f59627f9fb1.png

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

This is like asking, “Pinkie broke into pieces, how did she LIVE?”

tumblr_nwdoetCTjy1s56yepo1_500.gif

So, her snoot still working when detached is canon then?
(of course, being pinkie, it's a party canon :D)

Or did pinkie reach out past the fourth wall and find "unassociate puppet parts" in the IDE? :)

Edited by CypherHoof
  • Brohoof 2