Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Season 7 finale ended this way?

Plonkett

Let's say that despite Twilight's and Starlight's efforts to save Stygian from being banished, Starswirl banishes him anyway along with the Pony of Shadows. As a result, Starlight goes on an emotional tirade at Starswirl then runs away sobbing, with Twilight following her after telling Starswirl, all teary-eyed, that she was wrong about him.

How do you think that would've worked as an ending? Do you think it would be a good idea to create such drama in the show?

Edited by vgmaster9
  • Brohoof 1

Well maybe not in the show itself due to standards with it still mainly intended for children of all ages and genders. But like I always say, "A wasted plot is potential for enjoyable fan fiction that someone could write and others would read, for better or worse. So yeah, if someone wrote something based off of that idea, I would read it.

• Brohoof 1

That would make for a pretty dramatic ending, but I am not entirely sure it would fit in the type of show FiM is.

But than again I would be curious to see how this scenario would play out and what kind of ramifications this would leave on the show and the characters.

If this was what happened in the season 7 finale, I could see this leading to some interesting story ideas for a season 8 where everyone would react to the fallout of the scenario in different ways.

• Brohoof 2

44 minutes ago, vgmaster9 said:

Let's say that despite Twilight's and Starlight's efforts to save Stygian from being banished, Starswirl banishes him anyway along with the Pony of Shadows. As a result, Starlight goes on an emotional tirade at Starswirl then runs away sobbing, with Twilight following her after telling Starswirl, all teary-eyed, that she was wrong about him.

How do you think that would've worked as an ending? Do you think it would be a good idea to create such drama in the show?

I'm going to need a bit more clarity on this since I see at least three avenues.

Starswirl is going to deceive the entire group to stop the plan and banish the Pony of Shadows.

Starswirl has doubts, second thoughts, and changes his mind in the last moment.

Starswirl in the planning session puts his hoof down making them not go with Starlight's plan.

Edited by Singe

Anything would have been better than the garbage ending that we got. The dumb bullshit of 'lol Starlight was so right all along lol' made every other character look like complete idiots. Granted, this idea kinda goes with that same idea, but it sounds at least a bit better. 

What I would have suggested was that have the mane 6 AND the other pillars slowly doubt Starswirl and his banishment idea, along with Starlight. Eventually confronting him about it, and perhaps he then can make a convincing argument to them, including Starlight. Then have the rest of it play out like it did. Starlight would have technically been right, but her being pursuaded along with the others would have looked a lot better, as well as their own doubt. Nope. Instead we get not a single other character ever considering even once that redemption could be an option, following Starswirl like blind sheepish morons, leading onto it being the Starlight show of Starlight is forever awesome and all that nonsense. Gah I hate the second half of that finale.

Well that would be a pretty big plot twist if that did happen, because during the whole episode it was hinting on the fact that Starlight would be able to talk to Stygian, and if in this scenario that didn't happen it would alter not only the final message of the season finale, but also probably affect episodes into the next season. It would have been cool, but a show like MLP wouldn't have let that happen, so I guess it's going to be up to the fan-fiction writers to create those alternate endings for us ;)

14 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

What I would have suggested was that have the mane 6 AND the other pillars slowly doubt Starswirl and his banishment idea...Instead we get not a single other character ever considering even once that redemption could be an option, following Starswirl like blind sheepish morons...

I have one question for that outcome: Why? Why would the other pillars doubt that banishment was the only option and that talking now could be one too? I don't think they were blindly following Starswirl at all, they were following their own experiences and intuition based on the lives we saw them live in their legends, as in the only lives they've lived thus far. But who knows maybe you see a flaw in my thinking.

As for the OP's ending, that seems a little too dramatic especially for the ending of a season. Maybe as premiere and then an over arching plot could be gaining that trust again from the pillars but yeah, I don't think the show wants to leave its viewers off with that depressing of a note especially if the episode takes away the big character it tried to make you sympathetic towards.

Good material for fanfics, i should check Fimfiction, there might be some alternative endings of this finale.

For seriousness, this is FIM, dont expect it to be some drama show, ending with some dramatic plot twists that make you want to punch the screen. The ending is good... if FIM is other show, like  Star vs, or Steven Universe, i dont expect an ending like this from the show so i wont be disappointed and worship fanfic gods. The canon ending is fine, the only problems with it is reformation a bit tiring at this point (after the movie) and Stygian is not very threatening as a villain, the mane 6 beside Twilight blast villains away for breakfast and never do something called 'reform a villain while he/she is not being ass kicked', they never do a decent job with Discord anyway, only Twilight actually reformed 2 villains and had some personal connections with them by herself (Tempest and Starlight), she really live up to her title, Princess of Friendship. 

Edit: I forgot to mention Fluttershy but that just because Discord actually like her in the first place and until now, she is the only one he actually give a buck about. Twilight reformed 2 villains who go against her completely.

Edited by Lambdadelta

I'd prefer Pillars to be dead, PoS not to be attached to a funsized school shooter who cannot hold his fee-fees, and Starlight getting backgrounded yesterday. But hey, I'm just an overreacting hatey-hatey meanie pants, so what do I know.