Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Teen Titans Go: The Movie

Steve Piranha

The Movie was great. Didn't expect to love it... But I did...Songs were catchy, Pacing was surprisingly better than big budget DC movies (and some Marvel) and I felt it was a lot better at appealing to Comic book fans than the Snyder films.

Bonus points for the DC short before the movie...i noticed Faust had a hand in making it which explained the MLP vibes I had while watching it. 

Spoiler,

The only issue I had was a small nitpick with how they de-heroed Diana and Aquaman in the time travel sequence... Would have liked it better if it stuck more to the hero's origin story like Bat's and Supe's...like stopping  Steve's plane from crashing into themyscira instead of just taking her whip. 

Though that's pretty much it, still loved the movie. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Vulcan said:

Bonus points for the DC short before the movie...i noticed Faust had a hand in making it which explained the MLP vibes I had while watching it. 

It’s actually part of a new show she’s working on.

https://deadline.com/2017/05/dc-super-hero-girls-cartoon-network-animated-series-2018-1202100531/

I should probably mention that the article is wrong about it premiering in 2018. It’s actually 2019.

I don't get them recasting Slade. Was Ron busy? Not fit the tone (understandable but he can do comedic kids shows. He did Danny Phantom)? Just said no?

6 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

It’s actually part of a new show she’s working on.

https://deadline.com/2017/05/dc-super-hero-girls-cartoon-network-animated-series-2018-1202100531/

I should probably mention that the article is wrong about it premiering in 2018. It’s actually 2019.

That's actually pretty awesome...Loved Batgirl in this show...She's like DC's Twilight...

Yeah... I can't understand how this movie got a lot of positive reviews. I guess movie critics are accepting fart jokes and cheesy humor, which also goes to show that sometimes, movie critics will hate potentially good movies, but somehow give a movie with overdone jokes and humor extremely positive reviews. :huh:

15 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

I don't get them recasting Slade. Was Ron busy? Not fit the tone (understandable but he can do comedic kids shows. He did Danny Phantom)? Just said no?

Yeah, I would have loved if Ron Perlmam reprised Slade as well. As mentioned, he got experience with comedic characters, or they could have played Slade as a comically serious or introduced him as the frightening villain like in the original only to immediate get more affably when explaining the Trollpool stuff

On 8/1/2018 at 7:25 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Ponies got a feature film as well, so there's that :dash:

Everyone knows about bronies. This show has it's own movement, so, I'm not very surprised at that. I just didn't think TTG was this popular 

MLP and TTG is in a complete different field. 

I haven't watched it yet, but Teen titan go is hands down is better than the Titan tv series. Hell it got a 90% in rotten tomato. I like the TT but TTG is something I'd watch to enjoy since there hasn't been any other Teen titan animation I found enjoyable or as good as the cartoonnetwork tv series.  I'm getting a bit of annoyed about how people complain about how bad TTG is when it isn't. The show itself is just the gag side of TT so they should know not to take it seriously rather just laugh with it. 

53 minutes ago, Olly said:

Everyone knows about bronies. This show has it's own movement, so, I'm not very surprised at that. I just didn't think TTG was this popular 

TTG is pretty popular with kids, and I dare say it's overall more popular than FIM. FIM is more niche, and it has far less accessible for kids due to Discovery Family being in premium packages

8 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

TTG is pretty popular with kids, and I dare say it's overall more popular than FIM. FIM is more niche, and it has far less accessible for kids due to Discovery Family being in premium packages

Sure, I guess I just didn't view it as being equal in popularity to say, early 2000s era spongebob. But apparently that's where we are 

5 hours ago, Olly said:

Sure, I guess I just didn't view it as being equal in popularity to say, early 2000s era spongebob. But apparently that's where we are 

FIM was pretty notorious back then, but the novelty of an army of dudes watching it died down.

How many fart jokes have really been in TTG?

I haven't counted but I don't remember a significant amount. Sure, there was a pretty big one in the movie but it was funny. That's what happens when you poke a balloon that big.

UPBEAT INSPIRATIONAL SONG ABOUT LIFE

I saw it in theaters today and I'm being honest in saying that that was the most pleasantly surprised I've been by the high quality of a movie that "should not have been good" in a long time. As someone who is no fan of the show after 'suffering' through many poor-quality episodes of the first two seasons, I had assumed it would just feel like an inflated episode of the show, but that thankfully wasn't the case at all. The plot was a great self-aware rhetoric, the exaggerated characterizations of the Titans were able to be their inept goofball selves without ever getting too unlikable and even displayed genuine emotions through actual conflict, and most of the humor was shockingly well-timed and witty. There were some flaws in the movie, for sure. I noticed the annoyance in Starfire's constant misuse of "the" a lot better than I did in the show, a few of the jokes wore out their welcome through repetition, like the portal gag, and there was a slight overabundance of cheap toilet humor and butt jokes (even though the prop bathroom joke actually had me laughing). Far from the best movie I've seen in my life, definitely. However, definitely the best movie I've seen that could've easily just been a lazy cash grab since The Lego Movie.