Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Teen Titans Go: The Movie

Steve Piranha

Guys, cool it. Of all things worth arguing about this doesn't even come close. Can it before I have to can thread either temporarily or permanently.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Fluttershutter said:

Well I'm one of the few who actually likes Teen Titans Go. Don't know if it's worth spending the money to go to the theater but I'll consider it.

Slade will be there, so ye$ :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PiratePony said:

It looks fun. I still don't get the negativity toward the show.

Mostly angry because the original TT is the second coming of Jesus in animation, and they can't stand the mere idea of using that source material to make a comedy :dash: 

I like the show. I like the original TT as well, but I can recognize this is its own entity. Just by itself it's pretty funny and has a lot of fresh and original humor. I'd like to see the movie, it could be fun. 

Saw the Trailer.."Ninjago the movie"..here we go again. 

You do know the more we talk about it, the more publicity it gets.

im no fan of Teen Titans Go! But I understand why it's so successful. And the reason they won't bring back the original TT, is because...well animation like that is SUPER expensive, and takes a lot more time, plus action shows aren't popular like they were in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

There is an after credits scene that gives hope to fans of the regular series. 

Hide contents

Hmmmmm sounds interesting that regular series have come back

I thought cancelled

Maybe a next season is coming up or not 

I actually like this show. Its not supposed to be serious like its predecessor. It's just a silly childrens show thats good for a lighthearted laugh once in a while. I am interested in seeing the movie since it looks pretty good to me based on the trailers and clips ive seen.

• Brohoof 2

46 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

There is an after credits scene that gives hope to fans of the regular series. 

Hide contents

KICK ASS :squee:

Tara Strong also dropped this a while back 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://mobile.twitter.com/tarastrong/status/1002721895030984709&ved=2ahUKEwi514ear8fcAhUFulMKHcqBDSEQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0e5QHg_TZcMnePoAynUdmG

At some point I may actually end up watching this.... I really don't like the show, but then I saw Slade in the trailer. :sealed: I can only hope that his character wasn't completely murdered by the kiddie humor. He was awesome in the original series.

No idea this show was popular enough to warrant a feature film. But, I have seen older people who are only familiar with the teen titans characters through TTG. Color me surprised... to be honest, I think shows like Adventure Time, Gumball, or Regular Show deserve a movie over this. What I've seen of TTG is mostly fart jokes and pop culture references and it doesn't appear to be very clever or even half as good as the other shows I mentioned. My main questions are "how" and "why"  

I don't want to be unfair to the show- but I'm aware of the fact that CN has given other (better) shows the shaft in favor of it. It gets more airtime than any of their other shows, and great cartoons have suffered because of this favoritism. I'm sure the show isn't horrible, it's probably fun for young kids. But getting it's own hollywood movie? that came out of left field to me

Edited by Olly

10 hours ago, Olly said:

No idea this show was popular enough to warrant a feature film. But, I have seen older people who are only familiar with the teen titans characters through TTG. Color me surprised... to be honest, I think shows like Adventure Time, Gumball, or Regular Show deserve a movie over this. What I've seen of TTG is mostly fart jokes and pop culture references and it doesn't appear to be very clever or even half as good as the other shows I mentioned. My main questions are "how" and "why"  

I don't want to be unfair to the show- but I'm aware of the fact that CN has given other (better) shows the shaft in favor of it. It gets more airtime than any of their other shows, and great cartoons have suffered because of this favoritism. I'm sure the show isn't horrible, it's probably fun for young kids. But getting it's own hollywood movie? that came out of left field to me

Ponies got a feature film as well, so there's that :dash: