Horse Appreciation Thread

Earl Grey Ghost

I hope there's not already a thread like this on here, but I thought that maybe we could have a thread for horse appreciation! I love horses, and the are very beautiful, strong and intelligent creatures, so let the discussion and picture posting begin! Please be respectful and kind, everyone likes different things for different reasons! I'll start the first picture off with one that is very much like my Pony Persona, Momento Mori (sans the wings obviously! lol).

26219553_525986081118688_5976781203019171999_n.jpg

Edited by Momento Mori
Grammar Edit
  • Brohoof 3

certainly my love of horses drove me more into this fandom. I was so happy to finally have a real reason to have a pegasus OC. had been mulling it over for some time before that as I was active in the furry fandom. One of those people who doenst like having too many charcaters to manage.

My fave breeds are: Shires, Clydes, Dartmoor Ponies and shelties. Big fan of heavy power horses and stocky rugged ponies.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

but they should be freed from humans owning them...

just saying!

While I do agree with you to a certain extent, and understand your sentiment, it is getting increasingly harder to find land for wild horses. I'm sure you aren't entirely opposed to people who use say---dogs for work, such as police dogs, rescue dogs, drug sniffing dogs, cadaver dogs----well horses are work animals too and can be used in law enforcement, as well as farming land. As long as the individuals owning these horses do not abuse them, respect them and take ample care of them with excellent shelter, and just overall good animal ownership, I don't quite see the problem with horses being owned. I'm sure you have a pet or two, do you not? And if not, are you against your friends that do?

Horses can be great companion animals just like cats, dogs, etc---and just like other pets, (mostly cats and dogs), can be used as therapy animals as well. 

• Brohoof 1

yall are lookin at a horse-crazy gal right here! :D I volunteer at a horse riding stable (I muck stalls and help with the horse care) and I love western style riding.

My favorite horse breeds are the Thoroughbred:

Thoroughbred.jpg

And the American Quarter Horse:

american_quarter_horse.jpg

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Arabian Horses are the prettiest IMO.

932da09eae85aba47b8f065884098a92.jpg

Interesting Tip:

Apparently Prophet Solomon/Sulayman (AS) had an intense fascination for horses under Islamic History (Not sure if its also the same under Judeo-Christian History). He owned like a thousand of them from his father Prophet David/Dawud (AS).

You can read it over here if you like :)

https://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-1-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/account-sulayman

What is it with Horses having a sacred significance under the Abrahamic Religions?

Oh well who cares, they’ve got such derpy looking snouts that its cute.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really love horses I've been wanting to go horseback riding for a long time of course I don't know of any places to do trail rides her in Cincinnati 

I don't know of any equestrian parks that give trail rides close to where I live or if I have enough money to do so 

but I really love horses and their lovely flowing mane's

and lovely flowing tails

all that beautiful hair on their mane and tail just flowing in the wind as the horse runs and gallops on so beautiful

p19.jpg

Edited by NathanW200

I used to train Morgan Horses. The Digital pics I have are not very good quality though - and most are all on paper photos. Anyway, my favorite horse was named 'Midnight Echo' and she was the fastest, strongest mare I've ever met. All black, and very much the 'Nightmare Moon' of my life for a while. :scoots:

I used the Monty Roberts training method. I was quite successful with it.

Here are some Morgans:

1421013723-6359-Maus-2014.jpg

morganhorse5.jpg

Morgan_Horse_(2788561338).jpg

I love riding, though it's been a little while since I've had a chance to. Ultimately, I'd love to ride in hunts, but that's a good ways off still. I'm not THAT good yet. ^_^

I'm also a huge fan of horse racing, and I've taken several trips to Lexington to see all the farms and the famous champions who inhabit them. I've even got a lock of mane from 1994 Kentucky Derby winner Go For Gin. I REALLY wanna go see American Pharoah, but I dunno when I'll be able to do that.

Well I have what most dream of. 

I own a miniature horse. she is something special. She makes people happy just being around them. 

She has won ribbons at Nationals and local shows. She loves to pull a cart and drive. I plan on breeding her sometime in the future. Just right now my trainer says to wait a bit more. She is an expert and has been very good to both me and my horse. She gives hugs and kisses too. 

Maryside.thumb.jpg.fa2666dcf5032a71e61c6a4ad425dc02.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I love horses one reason is their related to My Little Pony have you noticed the ponies from the older generations of My Little Pony actually look more like a horse than the current Generation of course their still ponies they just look different I think a horses mane and tail are very unique parts of their body and also makes them unique horses are one of my favorite animals I enjoy horses manes and tails flowing in the wind while running I enjoy their lovley flowing tail all those hairs from the tail just looks so beautiful a horses lovely flowing mane and lovely flowing tail just flow like a river baby

p19.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by NathanW200

• 4 years later...

Horse are wonderful creatures, but sadly I had a really bad experience that stopped me from riding them. I ran into a vine while riding a horse and it got caught on my neck, so it gave me a large cut and choked me a little before I was able to get it off. Anyways, I still love ponies and horses though.