Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

11 hours ago, Duality said:

Oh, you meant a successful mundane career; my mistake. Was her original job in teaching, perchance, or was this where she got that tank? :P

Oh the tank came long after Salem. Heck, even after her time in the army. The tank was actually a wedding present.     

Naw back in the day during the 70s and 80s, she did martial arts movies and toured in a band. She was Jackie Chan before there was a Jackie Chan. 

12 hours ago, Duality said:

The government being overbearing is certainly canon, both in Salem's universe and ours, but Salem has had plenty of older students, especially in the early days. If anything, they try and treat kids like adults rather than the other way around. Her already knowing most of what they taught her to get certified is nearly guaranteed if she knew how to control her magic, though.

Right, hence why it'd be more than a little frustrating to her to be met daily with a bunch of elitist school marms who thought they could teach this rowdy young bunch the proper ways of being a wizard. The methods of teaching may have been progressive, but I imagine the end result as mandated by the ones backing the school was to make all those kids into productive sorcerers of society, regardless of whatever dreams and ambitions they already had. 

On 6/10/2019 at 6:22 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Oh the tank came long after Salem. Heck, even after her time in the army. The tank was actually a wedding present. 

She's married? Dare I ask to whom? :confused:

On 6/10/2019 at 6:22 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Right, hence why it'd be more than a little frustrating to her to be met daily with a bunch of elitist school marms who thought they could teach this rowdy young bunch the proper ways of being a wizard. The methods of teaching may have been progressive, but I imagine the end result as mandated by the ones backing the school was to make all those kids into productive sorcerers of society, regardless of whatever dreams and ambitions they already had. 

Fair enough. No doubt it wouldn't be possible to teach progressively enough to fit all Miko's out-there-ness into any sort of school environment. :P

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

@dragon4111 you sure you want Ghalan's  invite for Miko to the policemans ball to remain cannon? Cause that now seems contrary to his character and his consistently hostile attitude towards her. 

I want to post but I'm debating on even acknowledging @dragon4111 's post. It's just so strange and out of place with the rest of the rp.  We've had to ask him to edit several posts during this classroom scene cause he keeps trying to interrupt the class cause it's "where the action is." 

It's growing increasingly frustrating, which is sad cause I really like this rp. 

51 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

I want to post but I'm debating on even acknowledging @dragon4111 's post. It's just so strange and out of place with the rest of the rp.  We've had to ask him to edit several posts during this classroom scene cause he keeps trying to interrupt the class cause it's "where the action is." 

It's growing increasingly frustrating, which is sad cause I really like this rp. 

Maybe it's time we just roll with it and work around it? This is an RP. We shouldn't constrain ourselves to too linear a narrative. 

I've got just the response for this. 

Just now, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom@Buck Testa

honestly I figured since no one is posting. Also the whole airhorn while Ghalan is working thing? weeks of work repairing the gym?

I'm surprised he heard an air horn in a class room from all the way across the campus in the gymnasium.

I mean if everyone now wants to RP as if it were an air horn as loud as a jet engine then be my guest. 

18 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Denim&Venom

Fine i'll retcon it.

I mean it is a conflicting dynamic. First he invites her to the ball. Now he's finding various reasons to throttle her. There are other ways to be involved other than Miko's class. Maybe visit the VP and address Ghalan's issues with Miko indirectly? Continue work on the gym and use it as a set up for other interactions? 

@Buck Testa Didn't you have two returning teachers who were gonna visit what was left of the gym? 

(edited)

Hey all, sorry for the absence; I've been on the field every day so far this week with no wifi and usually not even any cellphone reception. It's a real reversion to days of yore out there. :wacko:

Post planned for today or tomorrow with regards Denim's character.

@dragon4111

If Ghalan is running low on action to be involved in you could always make your own action. Surely there's a piece of backstory somewhere in there that you could bring in to occupy his present? Everyone else has their own subplots that they're working through with their characters, so there's no reason that you couldn't do the same.

@Buck Testa Denim speaks wisely: you can take Dru being held up in that class as an opportunity to fully introduce those two new teachers of yours. They seem like the sort to have plenty of story potential, and worth focussing on individually if your other characters are stalled.

@Mentis Soliloquy

The classroom scene is pretty much free-floating currently, but I'm sure they'll figure something out after all the retcons and/or eldritch abominations.

@Denim&Venom

What is happening in Classroom 237? :confused:

Edited by Duality

13 minutes ago, Duality said:

What is happening in Classroom 237? :confused:

Well either Ghalan can go in and find out on behalf of you all, or he can undergo his own sub plot and that last post gets reconnected into the ether.  Speaking of...

@dragon4111 I think you can do better than cross out your post. We've given you a few ideas. There's plenty for Ghalan to do other than every challenge of futility imaginable with regards to Miko. 

• 2 weeks later...