Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

AnonyPoni

Just a thought, How do you think the Equestrian Miliary works?

They obviously have one, It's easy to see all the guards the princess has. Twilight's brother is part of the Royal Guard, so I guess thats one branch.

Is there an Air Force with Pegasi? A navy with ships ran by ponies? Army with unicorns?

Do they have a multi gendered military? If they have multiple branches, can anypony join any branch (ie earth pony joining the airforce)?

DO they need a military? Who are they defending themselves from?

Please don't think to deeply about politics and such, not nessary.

This has nothing to do with the American Military, SO DONT TALK ABOUT IT!

THIS IS ONLY ABOUT EQUESTRIA!

I am not trying to bring up contriversy, so dont bring it into this...please

Celestia's Royal Guards are there basically to protect Canterlot. As we have not seen any town militia in Ponyville, I'd say it's safe to assume that Equestria doesn't really need one. In times of crisis, civilian ponies can take up arms to defend their homes (as is the case with the Appleloosa settlers).

I'd assume they have both male and female soldiers, as there isn't any evidence to suggest segregation (and besides, that would go against Equestrian ideals).

And assuming they have multiple branches, I'm pretty sure that no, an earth pony cannot join the air force. Unless they wish to be a paratrooper, of course. :P

• Brohoof 2

.And assuming they have multiple branches, I'm pretty sure that no, an earth pony cannot join the air force. Unless they wish to be a paratrooper, of course. :P

Just an example, but thats a good reason :huh:

While in real life there's a distinct partitionance between Land (Army), Sea (Navy), Sky (Air Force) and Space (Civilian governance or direct contravention thereof) it's probably a simplified system of Earth, Horn and Wing, since all three can partake in different capacities at the others, with the sole exception of Earth ponies transiting the sky.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Clearly at least Cloudsdale has had a military in its past, considering the pegasus leader that founded Cloudsdale was basically a Roman legionnaire named Commander Hurricane. I think it is safe to assume each of Equestria's three founding kingdoms had their own military in the past, since there was talk of war in Hearth's Warming Eve. Perhaps after the three tribes were united, their respective militaries were significantly downsized to the point where we only have our current Royal Guard.

Posted Image

Also, Granny Smith's drill instructor routine had to come from somewhere, right?

Posted Image

Is there an epic pony war in the future?

• Brohoof 6

While in real life there's a distinct partitionance between Land (Army), Sea (Navy), Sky (Air Force) and Space (Civilian governance or direct contravention thereof) it's probably a simplified system of Earth, Horn and Wing, since all three can partake in different capacities at the others, with the sole exception of Earth ponies transiting the sky.

that makes more sense in this universe

...with the sole exception of Earth ponies transiting the sky.

Paratroopers, man

:lol:

I think Espelancer has a realistic history thought up. Plus, with no one to have war with, the three tribes probably got rid of the whole military thing and just stuck to the Royal Guard.

but the question remains (i think), How are the ponies organized if Equestria really does go to war? Let's imagine they can't make the enemy army go away with magic and it's to big for just the Royal Guard to handle.

Probably by their natural abilities. Flight, magic and um... Running around and stuff... Cannon fodder. And from their towns and stuff too. I would assume that Equestria has some kind of military, in the same way that Japan has a military. Just in case for home security, with no offensive power.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah that seems good too

I think we're giving the earth ponies an injustice here. If they were in the military, they would useful in holding on to land

As my 8th grade history tracher stated, "The land is only yours as long as you hold on to it"

(edited)

Speaking of a pony Military. Does anyone have a picture of the mane 6(minus Rarity and Fluttershy) in the camo/military outfits that they wear at the beginning of the Dragon Quest episode?

Edited by TheKingofAngmar

(edited)

What was the picture?

I will be honest, it was Exactly the same one you uploaded

While were at it, do you think the Equestrian Military would every need camo?

Looks cool anyway

Edited by Anony-Brony

I will be honest, it was Exactly the same one you uploaded

While were at it, do you think the Equestrian Military would every need camo?

Looks cool anyway

If they did it would have to be bright colors and not darker shades of green... Unless they were in the everfree forest.

If they did it would have to be bright colors and not darker shades of green... Unless they were in the everfree forest.

<chuckle>

yeah, Digi camo wont work well in ponyville

Royal Guards (all variants) for foot soldiers, the Wonderbolts as a Special Forces of sorts, and ofc Celestia and Luna themselves, plus the Elements of Harmony + M6

That is enough military power to counter any threat

(edited)

That is not true,our enemies have masses to. I am a Captain In the equestrian army. Yes, we have a navy, we also have an air force (pegasi), Calvary, (the fast ones) and Armor (tanks). The Royal Guards are merely Celestia's personal Guards.

Edited by Celestian
  • Brohoof 1

Royal Guards (all variants) for foot soldiers, the Wonderbolts as a Special Forces of sorts, and ofc Celestia and Luna themselves, plus the Elements of Harmony + M6

That is enough military power to counter any threat

yeah, look what happened to Discord. An Army could never defeat him, but 6 mares did, with no guns :)

that is not true,our enemies have masses to. I am a Captain In the equestrian army. Yes, we have a navy, we also have an air force (pegasi), Calvary, (the fast ones) and Armor (tanks)

Tanks? Real tanks or Rainbow's pet tortoise (which we must see more of )