Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Strangest place you have bumped into someone you know?

Reecejackox

I bumped into a co-worker from my then old job at my then new job. Then I bumped into one of my friends before I went to work, which was surprising cause I hadn't seen him in months since he supposedly moved up north. Also met said friend at an anime convention in Chicago. 

I once ran into my old boss at my new job when I was bagging her groceries. She apparently didn't know I had quit and gotten the new job bagging groceries, so she asked me whey I had decided to leave my old job. It was kinda awkward cuz I had to tell her why I left my old job, all the while bagging her stuff. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

After my sophomore year in high school, I moved to an adjacent town that's off to the side of the main roads travelled so it's easy to live close to it while rarely actually going to it. Anyways, during my first week living there I ran into my World History teacher at a grocery store. About 3 years pass without having seen him since, and My father who is separated from my mother for most of my life is getting married again. Well it turn's out his fiancé was friends with the women who was dating my teacher at the time and she brought him along as a guest to the wedding much to my surprise. I was the best man at the wedding as well, and afterwards he congratulated me on the unscripted speech I gave. It meant a lot to me considering he was one of my favorite teachers.

Not exactly someone I know, but someone who was in my brother's school uniform came to my workplace one day (I work at a build a bear, and it's pretty far from his school). When I mentioned my brother, he said they were in the same class lmao

• Brohoof 1

I was walking out of bedtime stories and numbed into my coworker who had been in the gas petrol station next door. So, I had to quickly come up with an excuse for why I had been in there...

it didn't work 

• Brohoof 1

I have a few stories, none of them are quite like yours, but they still took me back a little.

I was walking back from class one day and ran into a former coworker. This isn't too incredible, the college is only a little over an hour away from our former workplace. However, this individual was going to a different university the last I knew him, and now he is going here? I haven't seen him since.

The oddest story I have might not seem quite as incredible in the scope of this topic, but I still think it works. When I was at my previous university, I had to take a bus back to my hometown. It was a bus tied to the school. It's not amazing that fellow students would ride the bus, persay, but one is to assume that most students live on campus, or at least in the town, so it would be a once in a blue moon kind of thing. One day I ran into TWO fellow students. One was a crush of mine. >.< The other was odder. There was this guy in one of my classes that lent me a pencil that day. I had forgotten to give it back and was feeling bad. Guess what? He also rode that bus that day and I was able to return the pencil. o.o

A third story. Waayyy back in high school, I met someone on Xanga from a school in the southernmost region of the state. We were both band nerds. Anyway, my high school marching band went to a competition. I wasn't thinking properly, and didn't think that maybe her high school marching band had competed there, too. So I was over in the booth purchasing instrument clothes (mainly bassoon!), and someone introduced themselves to me there. I did not recognize her. I don't think we had ever shown each other pictures. But it was her, and I did not know for a ridiculously long amount of time that it was her.

At the Daytona 500 back in February! :P This girl I know irl went to the race with her family, and we ended up seeing each other there! It was a huge surprise to me, because before that, I had no idea she liked NASCAR. Well, actually, she really doesn't, but her family does. 

I ran into my childhood bestfriend at Walmart at 2 AM. This was really shady Walmart and I accidentally ran into her while walking down the makeup aisle. As we were talking, a pimp walked through the aisle. A lot happened at night and I'm still not convinced that it was real and not some kind of fever dream.

Not strange but awkward. Life lesson here, never work in a retails that you mainly visit to shop.Especially when you'll end up not having a good relation with these workers.

• 1 year later...