Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Outcasts of Society (1x1 with Shadow Dancer)

Sphinx-Ara

Indicus had heard rumors of the Dark Carnival but really knew little about it. Crystal was in a similar boat hearing about it from her scouts but never actually paying much attention to the event.

"Interesting seeing as you are so excited about it I take you have been?" Indicus asked.

“Oh yes darling, I go every time it’s in town” Arcania giggles “it’s quite fun, as long as you have a good heart...” she says “Nightmare Soul has a thing for punishing evil doers and criminals” she smiles “but you two will be fine”

As a professional killer, thief and a past filled with shady hits for shady people. He was not in the category of a good person so it would be interesting meeting this Nightmare Soul. "Hmm neat I'll check this Dark Carnival out."

Crystal felt Indicus's sudden spike of apprehension but decided not to comment on it. "I'll go but we need to have someone to watch Faith."

“Oh of course, how about either Cherish or Charity?” She suggests and smiles at them “You’ll both be fine, he can see into your hearts, and he will see the pure love” she says with a smile “so I wouldn’t worry too much”

"Lets let Cherish watch Faith I know the mountain of paperwork involved in Charity's position she needs the rest. Besides I'm sure Cherish would love the chance if her reverence of Crystal was any indication" Indicus suggested  

Arcania smiles and nods as she writes the scroll then sends it off to Cherish. “That is true, and I’m sure Cherish adores Faith, but then, who wouldn’t?” She giggles “oh and Crystal, Nightmare is quite the charmer”

Crystal laughed, "Oh is he? It should be fun to watch him try."

It was then a knock on the door was heard, "I'll get it." Indicus announced. Indicus opened the door to reveal Cherish. "Come inside Cherish and thanks for coming to watch Faith."

Cherish smiles “It’s no problem at all, I love foals, and with Faith being Chrysalis’ nymph, I am even better at it because I have experience with watching nymphs. Oh and your highness, you look absolutely beautiful” she says as she goes to watch Faith.

”Well come on you two, let’s go have some fun eh?” Arcania says with a giggle 

Indicus followed his two marefriends out the door closing it behind them. While Crystal changed her appearance to that of a unicorn mare with a black coat, and teal mane and tail with the same bluish green eyes. Out of habit Indicus kept lookout his slitted pupils well adapted for the darkness.

Arcania smiles as she lead the way “Tonight of all nights, the carnival comes, what are the odds of that?” She asks with a wide smile. “You’ll both love it, I’m sure oh and Nightmare’s wife is really beautiful and such a sweetheart”

Indicus grinned loving Arcania's excitement. For Crystal the excitement laced with adoration and love tasted amazing and helped fill her growing magic reserves quite nicely. 

"I presume this is it?" Indicus pointed out the tents in the field before them with that admittedly catchy if dark tune playing on loop.

Arcania nods excitedly “yep, sure is” she says and leads them in through the vip line and then sees a Thestral pony in a long suit coat and top hat with a monocle and cane “Nightmare dear, over here” she calls out. 

The Thestral turns around and smiles, bearing full fangs “ah the lady of the hour has arrived” he says then spots Crystal “forgive me, the ladies of the hour” he then walks over to them, bows then takes Crystal’s hand and gently kisses it “Your highness, so good to see you doing well, my dear Arcania been treating you well I hope “

Crystal smiled, "Why yes Arcania has been treating me very well if it weren't for her and Indicus's actions I would likely be dead within the week." Crystal motioned towards Indicus who happened to be wearing his armor and weapons under his coat having forgotten to change. 

Nightmare smiles widen”a fellow Thestral? Welcome dear Ser Ventcule, I sense troubles within your souls and hearts but I also sense the love you all share and all for one small nymph? My, my, my, I have not seen such unconditional love in a long time” he smiles more “please, come in and enjoy yourselves, the show starts in an hour” he says pressing two vip passes into their hands then turns to Crystal “Bella has longed to see you”

Indicus and Crystal both took the VIP passes and looked around, "This is quite interesting, I have only heard rumors of this carnival but never looked into them. Arcania speeks very highly about you and your wife."

Nightmare smiles “of course she would, were basically her foster parents” he chuckles “she was still young when her father passed and we took her in and raised her”

Arcania nods “mhm got most of my books from them”

Indicus laughed, "It seems Arcania left that little detail out. Well it is nice to meet you." Indicus looked at Arcania. "So that explains how you got a hold of a old detailed book on Thestrals. That is very fortunate for me, finally learned about the magic my magic teacher was alluding to even if it did take over thirty years to find Thestral Elders clam up when you ask about it."

Nightmare laughs “oh those old fools are always so stuck up” he says “I can possibly teach you, how do you think I get my souls?” He chuckles as Arcania blushes “Isn’t she a dear when she blushes” Nightmare laughs some more 

"Yes she is very cute. As for lessons it would be an honor to learn from you Nightmare." Indicus nuzzled Arcania then wrapped an arm around his marefriends. "So when will the missus come out? It would be nice to meet her."

Just then a beautiful blue unicorn mare in robes but also gypsy gear, fit for a queen comes up to them “I am right here “ she says as she laughs when Arcania hugs her “I missed you too sweetheart, and I see you brought friends” she holds her hand out “Ser Ventcule, I’ve heard a lot about you, and Queen Chrysalis, always a pleasure”

"The tales about me are mostly true if somewhat exaggerated."Indicus joked before he shook Bella's hand.

Crystal followed soon afterwards. "Nice to meet you as well, Bella. I have decided to go by Crystal now, in an interest of starting a new life."

Bella smiles and nods “Mo doubt suggested by our Arcania” she says before she saw Arcania giggle “and what pray tell do you find funny my dear”

”Oh nothing, just that Indicus contained his composure, you should have seen him when we met, and after I helped Crystal dress up. I actually kind of expected him to kiss your hand and compliment your beauty”

Nightmare chuckles “Good to see I’m not the only stallion with manners and a sense of chivalry still around”

Indicus chuckled, "I was raised by griffins and the unspoken chivalry rules in griffin culture are to be followed unless you want to be challenged to a dual for disrespecting their family name. As for my composure I have two mares around who are more then happy to tease me."

Crystal suggestively licked her lips with her slender tongue "Of course Indicus why wouldn't I? It is fun to see such a strong stallion brought down by my femininity." Crystal hugged him to herself making sure he felt her chest against him then licked his face leaving a trail in his fur and causing him to blush. "Feels nice to know I can do that at will."

Arcania giggles “teasing is half of the fun love, but mummy loves it when stallions compliment her, besides they both know you’d do it in a respectful way”

Nightmare nods “Ah griffons, that explains it, quite the chivalrous race indeed, ive had the pleasure to meet some during my time”

"Well in that case I now understand where Arcania's ability to knock stallions off their feet in a simple hooded robe came from." Indicus said with a smile while blatantly referencing when they first met.