Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Outcasts of Society (1x1 with Shadow Dancer)

Sphinx-Ara

Arcania giggles “oh you, it’s not like I intended to nearly hit you with my blade” she smiles and kisses him “but yes, I get a lot of my feminist and ways from mummy”

”Mm so, you picked him up by narrowly missing him?” Nightmare asks with a laugh “warning you now Indicus, she’s a real firebrand when it comes to her temper”

Indicus laughed, "Trust me when I say I can handle it." Indicus's tone becomes a bit melancholy, "My first relationship was with a full blooded Thestral mare named Dusk Flower. We were working under Luna at the time when I watched her brutally beat a stallion at a bar when he tried to make an unwanted move on her. I think the stallion was sterilized by that encounter." 

I nuzzled Arcania, "I'm sure Arcania is just as capable. I rarely find myself near delicate women for extended periods of time."  

Arcania smiles and nuzzles him back "Especially when it comes to protecting those I love and care for. I won't back down" she says but then notices her adopted father's smile turn to a frown "Daddy? Did you know miss Flower?" she asks, going over to hug him.

Nightmare hugs her and nods "Not for very long, but she was a nice enough mare, smitten with your Indicus over there, that's how I know so much about him without using my magic" she says "I was sad when she passed away, I could feel a ripple in the Soul atmoshphere when it happened"

"Funny part was that both of us were going to propose to each other after that mission. You would have liked her Arcania, at least you would if you could get past the inevitable lewd jokes. The team always joked that if Dusk was insulting you, your mother, and your father she liked you." Indicus said with some tears flowing from his eyes. Crystal hugged him feeling the conflicting emotions  storming inside him.

Arcania nuzzles him as well, gently holding his hand "Shh, it's okay sweetheart, I'm sure she was a lovely mare" she says and nuzzles him before waving to her adopted parents and walking around the carnival, reminiscing to the others about the games and rides. "Ooh look, the cork shooting game, we used to have problems with rigging, but we kicked the soul running it out and hired a new one who plays fair"

Watching Arcania talk about the carnival games with such enthusiasm brought a smile to Indicus's face letting the old memories rest for awhile. Indicsu checked the time as they were walking around. "Well it seems the event your father was talking about will start soon."  

"Aah yes the big show" she says "They usually have a band that plays music, various acts and then ends with a big bang.." she says and leads the way to the main tent, "Come Crystal, I'm sure you will like it" she says, gently holding both thier hands in hers as she was in the middle.

Indicus had to say he was glad Arcania brought them here he was actually having quite a bit of fun and this qualified as their first real date so as he and Crystal held Arcania's hands and walked through the crowed and into the large tent in the middle of the carnival he smiled with Crystal following suit for much the same reasons the young mare's energy infectious.

As they find seats in the front row, they sit down as Nightmare comes into view in the middle of the ring and starts with his spiel "Mares and Stallions, Fillies and colts of all ages, welcome to the Dark Carnival of Souls, I am Nightmare Souls and I will be your host for tonight's show" he says to a great loud applause from the crowd, he grins "And now for the first act, my lovely wife Belladonna will be doing some magic tricks" he says to even louder applause as Bella steps out.

Both Indicus and Crystal watched with rapt attention curiosity taking over and the excited whispers of the crowed doing more to fuel that curiosity. Indicus had not watched a magic show in a long time so the idea of magic tricks in a world of magic was intriguing. 

Bella smiles and bows before she motions to the magic restraint ring on her horn and then takes out a set of knives and then motions to a lovely looking mare strapped up to the wall, she then is blindfolded by her other assistant and throws the knives at the mare on the wall, hitting every mark perfectly.

Indicus was impressed throwing knives at a target blindfolded with the intention of not hitting a target was something he would have a hard time with. It seemed the crowed was not less impressed with tense gasps filling the random citizens around them

She then bows as her blindfold is taken off of her eyes "thank you Mares and Gentlestallions, now for my next trick, I'll need a volunteer, how about.." she looks around the crowd and her eyes fall on Crystal "The lovely Crystal, will you be my volunteer?"

Crystal a little nervous goes forward after a little encouraging from Indicus. Stepping onto the stage she stands next to Belle hiding any nervousness of being publicly seen like this even in disguise. Indicus gives Crystal a smile from his place in the crowd and seeing her coltfriend and marefriend in the crowd cheers Crystal up a little.

Bella smiles "Now hear that roar? That's the crowd cheering for you my dear, would you please lay down in this box?" she asks as her assistance bring out the saw box "I promise this won't hurt at all" she says to her and motions for her to listen to the crowd again.

Crystal complies with the request trusting that nothing bad would happen. Indicus was also forcing himself to trust Arcania's parents as Bella had Crystal enter a box his instincts were not going off but his mind was conjuring all sorts of things that could happen. 

Once again Bella motions to the magic restraint ring on her horn and then takes out a saw, she motions that it was a normal saw, no magic enchantments and then motions to Crystal "Another round of applause for our beautiful volunteer here" she says, listening to the crowd then saws through two sections of the box, showing them that it was now in three pieces, she shuffles them around and puts them together, in a different order from before. She then flips open the lid to show that Crystal was in one piece in all the right places. "please, one last round of applause, and for you dear, a bow"

Indicus like the rest of the crowd with a mix of emotions as he suppressed the urge to try and 'rescue' Crystal. His mind was put at ease as Crystal came out of the box unharmed and bowed for the crowd. Once he got over himself Indicus had to admit the trick was quite neat given there was no obvious way for the volunteer not to get sawed into pieces.

Bella smiles "Thank you dear Crystal, you may return to your seat" she says and bows as her assistants then brings out a tall box "Now, one last trick calls for one last vollunteer" she says as her eyes fall on her daughter "Ah my dear Lady Arcania Starmane, come here please"

Arcania smiles but blushes as she gets out of her seat and goes to the centrestage "Everyone, my lovely daughter" she says, leading her to the box with cheers from the crowd and into the box, once again she motions to her restraint ring, and then as the box closes, she shows all the swords that had no enchantment on them.

The audience cheered. After the last trick going just fine Indicus managed to be more curious as his mind tried to work out how the trick worked something he tried and failed to figure out. Crystal leaned into Indicus with a content smile.

There were also a few whistles from stallions, the same who whistled at Crystal, and obviously Bella. Bella then smiles as she is then blindfolded and starts with the first sword, sliding it into a slot, moving onto the next, until they are all in the box.

Indicus watched with wonder as Arcania was 'skewered' but no signs of blood or pain were apparent. From the gasps in the crowd he was not alone either. The crowed went silent as they waited with a baited breath for the next part of the trick.

Bella is then assisted with taking her blindfold off and then opens the box to, once again show the volunteer, all in one piece, no holes, cuts or scrapes. Arcane smiles and blushes as she bows to the crowd before returning to her seat. "Thank you everypony, you've been a great crowd"

The crowed applauds Bella and Arcania while both Indicus and Crystal wrap their arms around their returned partner. The crowd now eagerly awaits the next trick, the anticipation was almost palpable and was very literal for Crystal.

Bella bows once more and leaves the stage as Nightmare comes out again "My lovely wife everypony, and now, for the half time, please welcome Archetects of Doom" he says as the curtains part to show the band, all in their gear.