Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Marvel Cinematic Universe Rp OOC

Buck Testa

4 hours ago, Raidriar said:

@Buck Testa

As accommodating as you have been, I see your distress at two Stark clones. I can differentiate further (my latest attempt at that was with Jackson, although in retrospect, she may have simulated Pepper). Let me know if you need anything of that sort. 

Actually I was going to talk to you about the rocket boots, or dress shoes or whatever. The reason why Tony Stark's suit is unique is because the arc reactor supplies it with enough power for it to function. The idea that your character just has hidden rocket boots that operates just as well as Stark's (at the time) revolutionary design powered by a device that teams of scientists couldn't figure out raises eyebrows to say the least. I'd very much like it if you edit those out. The weapon itself is fine, but yeah the rocket boots are a no go for me. Maybe later after he's had a chance to 1) really study stark's tech and/or 2) gets access to miniaturized arc reactor technology.  

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Actually I was going to talk to you about the rocket boots, or dress shoes or whatever. The reason why Tony Stark's suit is unique is because the arc reactor supplies it with enough power for it to function. The idea that your character just has hidden rocket boots that operates just as well as Stark's (at the time) revolutionary design powered by a device that teams of scientists couldn't figure out raises eyebrows to say the least. I'd very much like it if you edit those out. The weapon itself is fine, but yeah the rocket boots are a no go for me. Maybe later after he's had a chance to 1) really study stark's tech and/or 2) gets access to miniaturized arc reactor technology.  

I will absolutely edit them out. However, they are not “rocket boots” but instead just have a bouncing function. Basically, he can jump like a kangaroo.

4 hours ago, Skylord Nexus said:

@Lektra Bolt

If I may give a suggestion for your character. The main problem there seems to be hear is that your characters too techy right? So what if you changed slightly to where she's purely magical, so she can still be smart, but magic smart (and even hilariously inept with tech if you want) because then she can still enchant stuff and use magic, but is then pretty different from everyone else.

I was thinking purely magical implementation of technology like I've been doing with ponies, but I'm kinda flopping around here and as you can tell there isn't a coherent idea here.

Do I want inept with traditional tech? I want some kind of magical tech control too, and no idea how to make it make sense since we're so early in the MCU

And then I'm a spell caster agent of SHIELD? Great idea to differentiate, but I've watched all the episodes and there's no percent for this. They're high tech especially before the Hydra thing, not high magic.

*goes back to flopping around for ideas*

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I was thinking purely magical implementation of technology like I've been doing with ponies, but I'm kinda flopping around here and as you can tell there isn't a coherent idea here.

Do I want inept with traditional tech? I want some kind of magical tech control too, and no idea how to make it make sense since we're so early in the MCU

And then I'm a spell caster agent of SHIELD? Great idea to differentiate, but I've watched all the episodes and there's no percent for this. They're high tech especially before the Hydra thing, not high magic.

*goes back to flopping around for ideas*

This is true, spell casting has pretty much been relegated to secret cabals so far like the Ancient One's group. They do make magical items though. That might be a thing? 

• Brohoof 1

Find yes, make nope. Unknown magical or alien objects (sometimes people, spoiler) like that are called an 084, pronounced Oh Eight Four.

I really like the idea of being a Shield Agent, but there's no precedent for the magical in the organization, let alone Strange is still a regular doctor at this time and by that time Shield is basically dead since it's post Hydra event.

No idea...... 

On 5/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, Lektra Bolt said:

Find yes, make nope. Unknown magical or alien objects (sometimes people, spoiler) like that are called an 084, pronounced Oh Eight Four.

I really like the idea of being a Shield Agent, but there's no precedent for the magical in the organization, let alone Strange is still a regular doctor at this time and by that time Shield is basically dead since it's post Hydra event.

No idea...... 

Here's an idea. Let's say you start as a Shield Agent, and over time we can get her some kind of abilities later on? Like a story thread where she gains abilities?

1 hour ago, Skylord Nexus said:

@Buck Testa

I'm not sure whether I lamp post would actually be there or not, so I just assumed. If you need me to change that then I can.

Anything firmly connected to the ground would be in the mirror dimension for this. However there is something I would like you to change, and that is his reactions. 

Your character has never seen anything like this before. In fact it wouldn't be that far of a stretch for him to assume it's an illusion of some kind. Buildings and reality itself seem to be folding and expanding at his whim as far as your can tell. This should raise a LOT of questions in his mind and be really disorienting o say the least. Your character is far too level headed for the situation. I know you want him to seem cool, but there is situations like this where even normally level people can freak a little. He could even try to keep a face of calm, but emphasize that he's actually freaking out or something similar. 

(edited)

Also @Skylord Nexus, please note I'm not saying to change the external reactions per say, but rather the internal ones. Even Tony Stark as calm and quippy as can be can be rattled by something unexpected. Show the audience those reactions, even if the other characters don't see it. Otherwise it robs tension from the scene. You get what I mean? 

Edited by Buck Testa

24 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

@Buck Testa

yeah, I was just about to go change it that way actually XD

@Buck Testa

Ok just changed it, it was only a sentence in the second paragraph, so if you need a bit more I can come up with something.

It's certainly better. For future posts, definitely give the audience cues into the character, what he's thinking about, his feelings, anything you can do to give the character more color and depth. It gives people more to work with. 

(edited)

If you want to know more about Xarus, you can click here

I've altered some of his abilities for the rp, but he basically has

-Super Strength and durability comparable to Luke Cage

-He's adept at the magic of the MCU and is somewhere between the ancient one and Dr Strange (DS will be more powerful when he gets his stride). 

-Weather Manipulation, which is from his comic version. His daddy is even better at it, comparable to Storm, though it takes a lot out of him to fight on her level for long

-Vampire abilities like being able to turn humans into vampires, shape-shifting, rapid healing and what not 

- He is vulnerable against weapons specifically designed to kill vampires and/or weapons that can deal damage to people like Luke Cage. Powers like Lucius's lightning could definitely deal damage if it lands a clean hit. 

-His ring protects him from the sunlight weakness. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

On 5/16/2018 at 3:53 PM, Buck Testa said:

Here's an idea. Let's say you start as a Shield Agent, and over time we can get her some kind of abilities later on? Like a story thread where she gains abilities?

Ehhh I find that really boring TBH. The idea of being an Agent I find AWESOME, but being a no powers character I just don't find interesting, and in the first season that was what they all were. People with guns and fists, with a couple being very good hackers. They still have only two powered characters well into the 5th season, with one of them losing her powers sometimes and the other becoming a cyborg. Powered individuals aren't usually in the agency (They are watched but not usually recruited), so I'd have to have a very good reason to be what's called an Asset with the first season not even started at this time.

I'd like to do my usual thing but I idon't have any info on the greater MCU and how feasible this is for SHIELD before the collapse

42 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Ehhh I find that really boring TBH. The idea of being an Agent I find AWESOME, but being a no powers character I just don't find interesting, and in the first season that was what they all were. People with guns and fists, with a couple being very good hackers. They still have only two powered characters well into the 5th season, with one of them losing her powers sometimes and the other becoming a cyborg. Powered individuals aren't usually in the agency (They are watched but not usually recruited), so I'd have to have a very good reason to be what's called an Asset with the first season not even started at this time.

I'd like to do my usual thing but I idon't have any info on the greater MCU and how feasible this is for SHIELD before the collapse

Lets take this to PM and we can hash this out without clogging the ooc. 

• Brohoof 1