Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Am I the only one who doesn’t like DC Comics/DCEU?

Thorgir the Mighty

Ok so I was thinking earlier,”Why don’t I like DC anymore?”,here’s the reasons

Lets start out with Everyone’s favorite boyscout

Superman

Dont get me wrong,I respect Supes because he was the first superhero,but he’s changed dramatically over the years. He used to be some farm boy with superpowers but now,DC made him Godlike and unkillable. Which made Superman,boring. I think DC should make Supes more vulnerable,because ‘38 Supes was vulnerable,plus he had some crummy jokes

Batman

Oh how the Batman has fallen! Yet he’s a great character,but he’s TOO serious. I’m sure seeing your parents gunned down in front of you would make you a serious guy,but hey,Bats needs to let go a bit. Plus he’s a psychopath,just like Joker,Harley and many others. I know Batman killed before he switched to guns but seriously,GUNS. Batman doesn’t need guns! And that stupid Dark Knight Metal series is pretty overrated if you ask me.

Wonder Woman

Honestly,Diana is one of my favorite DC characters,she’s awesome and I can’t really complain.

Teen Titans/Young Justice

TT has fallen towards the point of no return and YJ was just terrible! I thinks it’s because I hate Teenage Superheroes (not counting Spider-Man and Co.)

Green Lantern

*facepalm*

The Flash

I mean he’s alright,he’s just not the best. Especially Justice Leagues flash,why not get the guy who played in the TV series?

DCs villains

I like most of DCs villains,but DC gives the villains too much spotlight!

Last but certainly the least...

HARLEY QUINN

I absolutely hate this character,I like the classic comic version but after Arkham Asylum,And Suicide Squad,I was upset how they portrayed her every time.

but other than DCs terrible mistakes,they also had good ones,such as the original DC cartoons,and maybe some of the modern animation.

but that’s my opinion! I’d like to hear yours!

(edited)

You're not the only one, I don't like superhero comics either.

Edit : you're talking about super hero comics in general or DC comics only?

Edited by Kevin_Tang

There are other avenues for DC Super Heroes.  Especially for Batman.  If you're a fan of the more campy Dark Knight, I highly recommend Batman vs Two Face.  It's basically Adam West's final performance as the Caped Crusader, and it also brings it Star Trek's William Shatner as Harvey Dent AKA Two-FAce.

Also, if you're a fan of the Justice League cartoon series, I recommend Justice League Action.  They even brought in Kevin Conroy for Batman, Mark Hamill for the Joker, Khary Payton as Cyborg, and Gilbert Gottfried as Mr Mxyzptlk.

(edited)

Well, Supes is boring, yes.

But Batman? Why so serious? Seriously? If people need a serious superhero they go to Batman =) Being serious is his superpower. Psycho? YES! YES HE IS! And it makes him not as plane person as Supes. ^>-<^

Spoiler

chibi_batman_by_noobynewt-d7l2s1w.gif

P.S. Super heroes is being created and developed by many peoples in many comics, cartoons and movies. There's always have good and bad implementations. Like BatAffleck is cool and BatClooney is dull ^-^. Like Joker which has a billion of reincarnations and the only Joker-Ledger makes me poop my pants. 

P.P.S. Sure, you're not the only. I don't like many stuff in DC, but there's some really nice parts too ^-^ Dark Knight Returns is brilliant. Teen Titans Go from Cartoon Network actually really funny.

412904__safe_animated_figure_kissing_now

Edited by sprinkle nostrils

Of course you aren't the only one. DC dislike has been all over social media since Man of Steel. While I personally prefer MCU films, I've found the DCEU films decent at times. 

32 minutes ago, sprinkle nostrils said:

But Batman? Why so serious? Seriously? If people need a serious superhero they go to Batman =) Being serious is his superpower

Like BatAffleck is cool and BatClooney is dull

Teen Titans Go from Cartoon Network actually really funny.

412904__safe_animated_figure_kissing_now

1. Because it’s pointless to be so serious every time. Not to mention boring. Plus he’s overrated...a lot

2. Seriously? Clooney did way better than Affleck! 

3. Don’t go there,TTGO is garbage

1 hour ago, SaburoDaimando said:

There are other avenues for DC Super Heroes.  Especially for Batman.  If you're a fan of the more campy Dark Knight, I highly recommend Batman vs Two Face.  It's basically Adam West's final performance as the Caped Crusader, and it also brings it Star Trek's William Shatner as Harvey Dent AKA Two-FAce..

I’ll have to check this out ,old chum!

14 minutes ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

3. Don’t go there,TTGO is garbage

While I don't wish to derail this thread, TTGO is actually fairly decent. It's nice with a superhero show that isn't afraid to be a bit silly. 

52 minutes ago, sprinkle nostrils said:

Well, Supes is boring, yes.

Really? Do you mind if I ask you why you think that?  

1 minute ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

He’s TOO invincible.

Old supes wasn’t that powerful,DC turned him from Super Farmboy,to Immortal Alien,henceforth making him boring

But Superman isn't even like the most powerful member in the justice league.  Plus, most villains he fight tends to be around the same level powerwise, so I find the complaint that he's too powerful to be a bit silly. I mean, his archenemy is a powerless human ffs.     

Also, that doesn't really answer the question.  Yes, he's ridiculously powerful, but that alone doesn't make him boring. What about his personality? What about his struggles to fit in among humans despite being so much more than an human? Etc etc...

Just now, Yamet said:

But Superman isn't even like the most powerful member in the justice league.  Plus, most villains he fight tends to be around the same level powerwise, so I find the complaint that he's too powerful to be a bit silly. I mean, his archenemy is a powerless human ffs.     

Also, that doesn't really answer the question.  Yes, he's ridiculously powerful, but that alone doesn't make him boring. What about his personality? What about his struggles to fit in among humans despite being so much more than an human? Etc etc...

His struggles aren’t really interesting,I hate the whole “Gods among humans” thing

13 hours ago, Kevin_Tang said:

You're not the only one, I don't like superhero comics either.

Edit : you're talking about super hero comics in general or DC comics only?

Dc only,marvels too good to talk about 

Just now, Thorgir the Mighty said:

His struggles aren’t really interesting,I hate the whole “Gods among humans” thing

And that's fine. 

It just irks me when people instantly dismiss Superman as boring because "OP" while ignoring everything that makes him interesting. 

1 minute ago, Yamet said:

And that's fine. 

It just irks me when people instantly dismiss Superman as boring because "OP" while ignoring everything that makes him interesting. 

He’s just boring for me.

Plus he’s also kind of a jerk right now

I'm slowly getting tired of DC and Marvel comics. When DC does a relaunch or reboot, they kill it while Marvel flops. Batman was fun to read again during the New 52 but after Rebirth, its had more misses and hits. Harley Quinn used to be funny but Arkham Asylum and Suicide Squad sexualized her with more revealing outfits and making her edgier. 

As for Superman, with him being the best at everything already, there isn't much you can do with him. Writers are reduced to either doing an origin story, taking away/reducing his powers, kill him, or fight someone stronger. There's no character development available. He's just boring.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...