chubzz

Who is upgrading to Windows 8?  

54 users have voted

1. 1. Upgrading?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maby

(edited)

Tried it on a virtual pc... glad I didn't do it on a physical, because it's crap, in my opinion. So no.

Edited by ProjectRKA
  • Brohoof 3

Tried it on a virtual pc... glad I didn't do it on a physical, because it's crap, in my opinion. So no.

I tried it on a seperate HDD, I tell you, Biggest amount of time i have ever wasted

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yeah, from my view its a big windows phone that will be plagued with bug's, that will probibly be the vista of this year

Edited by chubzz

Well, it's supposed to work like a smartphone, so no.

The windows versions have a pattern of being good and horrible. XP was good, vista was horrible. 7 was good, so that probably means 8 is going to be horrible.

• Brohoof 1

Psht, heck no.

Window 7 is flawless in all known ways. And I also love me a start bar. I will make sure to go out of my way if I come across a PC with windows 8 to replace it with 7.

• Brohoof 2

I've heard very little about it, but that is already enough to make me say no. Also my dad who is a computer programmer (he still uses XP or vista, not sure which) said he is going to upgrade to 7 to avoid the train wreck that will be Windows 8 when it goes live.

Poll is amazing. 0-16

Very good idea to design mobile phone OS for computers.

Also Windows 7 is perfect, why they made new one so quickly?

• Brohoof 1

I haven't even upgraded to Windows 7. (Yeah, I use Vista. Sue me. :P)

Windows 8? Definitely not. If I ever get an update, it will be to 7 only. I don't really use or care that much about mobile devices except a good old fashioned computer.

• Brohoof 1

Psht, heck no.

Window 7 is flawless in all known ways. And I also love me a start bar. I will make sure to go out of my way if I come across a PC with windows 8 to replace it with 7.

Windows 8 has a startbar you know. although it isn't the 'standard' go-to option on that OS, but it's still there, and i doubt MS would actually seriously consider removing it from Windows altogether.

but yeah, Win8 sounds like a flop from what i can tell. i'll be more than happy to get Win7 on this desktop when i am able to. i doubt Win8 can change my mind on that for some time.

Windows 8, already?

No thanks, I'm good with 7. In fact I'm actually considering downgrading to XP at this moment. And from what I've seen so far, W8 doesn't look like it was made for computers anyway...

No. heck no. They've really screwed things up here....they've utilized the wrong UI or a computer operating system. Face it, Microsoft, Metro may look and work great on your phone and video game console OS's, but there is NO way that that kind of system can work on a PC... Seriously, it's hideous, and everything's all mixed up. “Where the heck do I go to do this, that, etc.?”, you'll probably ask. It's a garbage pile that they call an operating system upgrade....

Posted Image

I mean, LOOK at it....that's all you need to know.

I think the operating system has been going through a major up-down cycle with XP (good), Vista (bad), 7 (good), 8 (bad)....heck, even the names are getting less creative. Hopefully the negativity stops with 8. I currently am cursed with Vista, so if I upgrade, you bet your flank I'll be getting 7, rather than Windows H8.

• Brohoof 1