Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the mane 6 ever got a reward?

Senko

Did the mane 6 ever get a reward?  

14 users have voted

1. 1. Did the mane 6 ever get a reward?

• Yes they got medals offscreen.
    • Nope they got nothing.
    • They receive a salary/other perks. as high ranking members of the Equestrian defence forces.
    • They have access to the rulers of the country for tea and aid if needed.
    • Something else.

I was rewatching season 7 (as its now available on netflix australia) and the opening of the first episode where Starlight and the others got medals for their actions at the end of season 6 got me wondering do you think the mane 6 ever got medals for all they did. Saving Luna, Defeating/Redeeming Discrod, Defeating Tirek, etc the list goes on and on yet we've never to my recollection seen them get any real official recognition (beyond Twilight becoming a princess). So I'm wondering do people think they got something as a reward for their actions in saving Equestria?

• Brohoof 1

Everything is possible, as the Mane 6 really get no rewards in-show. I assume that the could get special perks (did they haven't got one? - stained decorational glasses in Celestia's room). I can't answer to that question correctly.

Why would they need medals? I think the recognition of being Equestria's saviors should be more than enough. Giving the Mane 6 metals would seem pretty trite to me.

5 hours ago, RulesofRarity said:

They did get a ceremony after they defeated Discord in the season 2 premiere. 

I was trying to remember when did that StarWars-esque ending had taken place.

Still, I think Starlight & Co. were given medals because it was unexpected from them to step up and save Equestria. The mane 6 were on missions against NMM, Discord and Sombra, and everything after Twilight's ascension cannot count as a civilian effort.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

I was trying to remember when did that StarWars-esque ending had taken place.

Still, I think Starlight & Co. were given medals because it was unexpected from them to step up and save Equestria. The mane 6 were on missions against NMM, Discord and Sombra, and everything after Twilight's ascension cannot count as a civilian effort.

So they get the military medal rather than the civilian one. I just feel this lack of aknowledgement is why no one seems to recognize them for quite awhile outside ponyville..

23 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

Didn’t you know? FRIENDSHIP is the reward!

In which case Starlight and the others shouldn't have gotten medals. I just don't like one group getting medals for saving Equestria while others don't.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Senko said:

In which case Starlight and the others should have gotten medals. I just don't like one group getting medals for saving Equestria while others don't.

I don’t see what that has to do with my comment, but as someone else pointed out they DID get medals. They don’t need to get new medals everytime, it’s just what they do. 

Just now, Ganondox said:

I don’t see what that has to do with my comment, but as someone else pointed out they DID get medals. They don’t need to get new medals everytime, it’s just what they do. 

Sorry mistype that was meant to be shouldn't not should as in if friendship is the reward Starlight and the others shouldn't have gotten medals as the friendship between them is their reward. Afterall the mane 6 did step up against NMM when they had no reason to do so. I have yet to rewatch the discord episode as its 5am and I've just come off a nightshift. The window comment is valid though I do wonder how you qualify for a window vs a medal.

3 hours ago, Senko said:

The window comment is valid though I do wonder how you qualify for a window vs a medal.

A medal is a reward for the individual, something they can show to others or display for their achievements. It’s a personal reward, and it’s impact is largely towards the person who receives it.

The stained glass window is a public work of art, something that future generations will see and appreciate what happened in the past. It’s for everyone to remember what happened, and who achieved it.

In the most simplistic of terms, it’s the difference between a Medal of Honor, and the Vietnam memorial.

@ShootingStar159 is correct - the Mane 6 got their recognition by permanently becoming enshrined in stained glass. @RulesofRarity is also correct in that they got that nifty little Star Wars parody at the end of the S2 opener as recognition. (They also got stained glass for that, too, as usual.)

The stained glass feature also apparently works for sidekick dragons who help defeat Sombra. =)

The reason Starlight, Thorax, Trixie, and Discord didn't get any stained glass is because Twilight became a princess and Starlight was Twilight's student - not Celestia's. Seeing how Twilight's doesn't have any nifty stained glass in her crystal castle, she did the next best thing and had the princesses honor the four of them with medals.

No one got any medals for season 7 because it was Twilight herself who messed up and had to fix the problem with her friends. XD

• Brohoof 1

Why are people forgetting that Twilight's Friendship Castle was rewarded for unlocking the Chest of Harmony and it came with a throne for each of the Mane 6 AND Spike?

• Brohoof 2