Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Daily and past generations

ManaMinori

past gens seem to get more than their fair share of hate and criticism by the g4 fandom. And it has been addressed in the past that Equestria Daily, a g4 news blog, would not feature any past generation content (although past gen pony pics have slipped into Drawfriends on occasion, and news regarding g1 retro toys have also been posted). Should it be expected that out of one day of the other 364 days of the year, a day should be dedicated to the past pony gens on this site? (they do dedication days for g4 characters on a monthly basis)

• Brohoof 3

Whilst I would imagine that the concept would not be universally acclaimed by the members around here, it's nonetheless an interesting concept. As much as FiM has left its mark on the history of MLP, acknowledgement of its predecessors is a nice reference to the lengthy and tumultuous (and often surprising) road that landed us here to begin with (despite the obvious point that the Forums is primarily an FiM fanboard and not orientated at fans with multigenerational MLP knowledge/appreciation as with the Arena, indicating that the hypothetical situation of a  'past generation day' may not be received as well as expected, by comparison, the FiM character dedication days are more universally accessible/appreciable to members across the site).

For a day to be dedicated to the previous generations, it would need to be one that users on the forums would have to vote on, or the staff would need to discuss it in order to see it implemented. Granted, most fans of MLP have little knowledge of the previous three generations--for reasons we all know about but I'll not repeat them here--but it would give them an insight on how far the brand has come since its inception so long ago. Again, it's something that will need to be discussed and/or voted on.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

For a day to be dedicated to the previous generations, it would need to be one that users on the forums would have to vote on, or the staff would need to discuss it in order to see it implemented. Granted, most fans of MLP have little knowledge of the previous three generations--for reasons we all know about but I'll not repeat them here--but it would give them an insight on how far the brand has come since its inception so long ago. Again, it's something that will need to be discussed and/or voted on.

I actually inquired at to whether Seth would- at the very least- conduct a poll to gauge interest. Time will tell.....

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I actually inquired at to whether Seth would- at the very least- conduct a poll to gauge interest. Time will tell.....

Hard to say what he will do but I suppose it's worth a shot.

2 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Should it be expected that out of one day of the other 364 days of the year, a day should be dedicated to the past pony gens on this site?

The site is specifically about gen 4, so no you shouldn't expect such a thing imo. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sun Wukong said:

The site is specifically about gen 4, so no you shouldn't expect such a thing imo. 

Seth has admitted to the site posting g5 content when it arrives, so that past gen argument is pretty weak, if there will be g5 and past gen g4 stuff simultaneously. So why exclude the first 3 gens, in that case

A "History of MLP" day could be cool! Especially if it has amusing trivia, such as "this FiM voice actor was also in G1!" Or "Here's this FiM character's earlier G3 version!"

People get a kick out of old gen trivia at brony parties sometimes.  Especially explaining the G1 pilot to people when we're all in a silly mood.

Edited by Khoufu

• 2 weeks later...