Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Win a PS4, Xbox One, or Switch

Jeric

As we are resuming the World Cup here soon, I wanted to resurface this so everyone old and new are aware of this. In short, if you join a team here, and post in the match threads themselves, you stand a chance to win a video game console of your choice. 

PART 1: The Grand Prize - A Thank You For Participating

So I have a proclivity for throwing unpredictability into things. The giveaway is no different. I originally announced that there would be a drawing for a Nintendo Switch Bundle. That is absolutely correct. What I failed to state, though I hinted that I had something up my sleeve, is that that isn't the only option. Some are not fans of the Nintendo system and games (no judgement, tastes vary). What to do ... what to do?

The only reasonable solution would be to offer a choice to the lucky winner that would work for most people here. So the lucky winner will have a choice of the following bundles. 

NIntendo Switch Bundle - The console, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Zelda Breath of the Wild, or any other two games of your choice. 

PS4 Bundle - The console, Spider-Man or another game of your choice

X-Box One Bundle - The console and game of your choice

The drawing will take place live on Equestria.tv the Saturday following the conclusion of the World Cup. Yes will ship international (though I only have US systems). Some of you have weird plugs!

PART 2: How to be eligible

This part is easy. The first condition check is to join a team. If you are a member of a team, you met the first criteria. After that, each World Cup match topic you posted in after the Wild Card nets one entry. Again, be a member of a team and post in the actual match threads. 

PART 3: How does the reboot effect me?

Several months ago I recreated the teams requiring people to rejoin them. If you opted not to rejoin a team, or leave a team, I still have your post data and you are still in the pool so yes you remain eligible and your prior entries count. 

Thanks all. 

• Brohoof 9

• The topic was featured

I'm excited for the reboot! Just around the 1 year anniversary of me joining the forums! :D Only 20 days give or take. :P

Edited by Nye
Added last sentence

I’ll participate this time. Let’s have some fun!

Though if I win, I’ll donate the prize.

Edited by Guest

• The title was changed to Win a PS4, Xbox One, or Switch

I'm keeping teams open for the duration of the World Cup for those that haven't joined. 

18 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Hope I’m still in...since I’m founder of the Princess Cadance Fan Club...

You have to join a Team CTD. 

8 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I didn't misunderstand anything all this time, right? The victor has nothing to do with who gets chosen - all participants regardless of outcome are in the running?

voting and comenting in the matches, while being on a team is what gets you tickets, if you're not in one anymore, the old ones still count, your team winning has nothing to do with it

1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I didn't misunderstand anything all this time, right? The victor has nothing to do with who gets chosen - all participants regardless of outcome are in the running?

Anyone who is or has been on a team, becomes eligible for the contest. each post in a match topic earns them an entry if they were on a team at the time. And 

Correction. Not extra. I misspoke. The people who joined and didn’t participate didn’t pass the second eligibility criteria. Helps to keep the chance of winning reasonable and also ensures that its participation that is awarded,

• The topic was unfeatured
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SWBMN said:

I already have a switch.

Then you can choose either PS4 Pro or X-Box One X.

Or why not have two switches? You know, if one decides to retire... :mlp_icwudt: