Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Upcoming Special: Rainbow Roadtrip.

CastletonSnob

An upcoming MLP special was announced today: Source upc

Synopsis Belie

Spoiler

When Twilight Sparkle and her friends arrive in Hope Hollow, they find the town and all its residents completely devoid of color – their dream vacation is starting to feel more like a nightmare! The Mane 6 will have to solve the mystery behind this washed-out world if they hope to bring the "rainbow" back to the Rainbow Festival and color back to the lives of their new friends.

It comes out this summer.

• we're literally getting a g4 special based off g3's "The Runaway Rainbow" special. 
    I don't have a problem with this, I just find it amusing that g3 has bled so much into g4- and it's not just this one instance.

1 hour ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Apparently, it’s not being done at DHX.

Well, that's new :mlp_huh:. It happened prior to that with some EQ shorts, during the Fall Formal, but I thought it was a one-time event

Gotta say; I getting vibes of both Cutie Map and Sound of Silence from this. Honestly, as it's not DHX I'm not expecting much, but who knows? We could be surprised!

• Brohoof 1

Not turned on by the "bring the color back" premise, sounds very cliche. DHX claiming to have nothing to do with this is also a red flag to me, but I'm also not going to completely count out this special being a good, pleasant surprise like Equestria Girls. 

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Apparently, Boulder Media is developing it. Aren’t those the guys who made the Pony Movie  :huh:?

If you're referring to the 2017 movie, that was done at DHX. Boulder Media has done some Equestria Girls shorts.

Also, is it confirmed that Boulder Media is doing this? That does seem most likely, but I haven't seen anything official about that.

1 hour ago, PinkiePie97 said:

If you're referring to the 2017 movie, that was done at DHX. Boulder Media has done some Equestria Girls shorts.

Also, is it confirmed that Boulder Media is doing this? That does seem most likely, but I haven't seen anything official about that.

I saw a comment in derpibooru claiming that. Didn’t offer a source tho  :huh:

10 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

They might do Season 9 as well (Boulder Media).

6 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

Nah, season 9'll probably be done by DHX but it's their final project

I’m not that sure. The possibly G5 movie was just announced for 2021, so me MAY get a tenth season  :huh:

Boulder Media have proven themselves to be good when it comes to working with the animation of Equestria Girls despite not being accurate all the time so having them animate whatever this will end up being is okay with me. I am also being cautious though. We need more information before we can really become invested.

13 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

They might do Season 9 as well (Boulder Media).

Jim Miller has been responding to tweets about season 9 as if he's working on it, so I'm pretty sure DHX is still doing season 9.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Jim Miller has been responding to tweets about season 9 as if he's working on it, so I'm pretty sure DHX is still doing season 9.

I wouldnt DHX be working on Season 9? That sounds like an awful idea to hand the show over to a different animation company after so many seasons being under the same.

Being Boulder's first longform project with the franchise I'll be curious who the creative talent is. May give us a preview of what to expect from G5. 

Edited by n1029