Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro Sue's DC Comics over Bumblebee name.

RaphLuna
Message added by Passion

Please be aware that this thread relates to a sue that occured in 2017 and has already been settled around August 2018. This is not fresh news in relation to a recently developing show.

The Irony. DC had the Character Name first and the Color Scheme already.

Hasbro was tardy to the party. And used that name after the fact. They were the ones who ripped off DC they could have chosen a different name. Or at least the color style.

DC did not Sue Hasbro when they came out with bumblebee robot.  back then people knew the difference between a Girls toy and a boy toy,

Now Hasbro got the dam nerve to sue DC... You were the ones who Ripped off DC you Curr, taking not only one of their character names, but being sly to use the same colors of the DC Character..

Hasbro you are the ones who could have easily resolved this confusion by choosing a different name for your robot or a different Color style.

Its obvious Hasbro is Just Saddle sore over the Super Hero Girls TV series, and what to glut over getting their way.

Go to Fudge. I was thinking about buying the the Retro Flutter ponies they were planning to release in the future. However they Stench of Greed turns me off big time,.

Never going to Support such a Glut Greedy toy Company, that had the dam nerve to sue another franchise who created something long before they did ..

Good Bye Hasbeen in my eyes that is all you ever will be.

• Brohoof 1

Oh come on, what is with this crap guys?

It's like two people having the same OC, and one of them is all "hey, you can't have that name, that's MY OC's name!".

They're completely different characters. Who cares if their color scheme is the same.

:yuck:

• Brohoof 3

I agree, if this is accurate, I don't see how it could stand any scrutiny about confusion between the two. One is a giant transforming male-ish space robot, another is a tiny female superhero. Not to mention that if DC's Bumblebee has been around since the late seventies uncontested, there's a legitimate argument against an injunction fourty years later.

• Brohoof 1

This is incredibly, insanely frakking stupid. So what if two characters have the same name and color scheme? What, are you going to pull a reverse Bee Movie and sue actual bumblebees next?!

Never before has the term "frivolous lawsuit" been so accurate.

• Brohoof 1

It's funny because somewhere out there, sitting in one of their offices, there's a person who at one point thought, believed and said "Hey, this is a great idea!".

• Brohoof 1

You’re going to end support of an entire company because of an action likely done by their legal team that happens all the time with virtually every company in existence? Kind of petty.

Not to mention, you better stop supporting virtually everyone at this point. Lol.

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, Zkrahs Yek said:

You’re going to end support of an entire company because of an action likely done by their legal team that happens all the time with virtually every company in existence? Kind of petty.

Not to mention, you better stop supporting virtually everyone at this point. Lol.

Its not the point.

Hasbro had no problem all those years with DC with their bumblebee. They never pushed the issue in the past.

And DC was Courteous in accepting another Franchise sharing the same name and color schemes all those years.

Now that Hasbro is deciding to make a movie about that particular Giant Alien Robot from outer space. They Got the nerve to Demand that everything DC Bumblebee be prevented made to be sold because of their attitude.

My Bumblebee is more popular than yours, you lost your right to use the name bumblebee on your character. Is Insulting after all DC was the firs one to create their character and chosen that particular color choice.

Im not here to to promote others to boycott Hasbro over this ,

''this is my personal choice. And yes I have a right to do this. Does this mean everyone who supports Hasbro I will boycott too.

No, I still buy Lego and Pokémon plush. "'Kids major Pokémon fans.''

Anything stamped with Hasbro name on the box I will boycott, 

You say Hasbro lawyers put them up to this, for hasbro to go along with the lawsuit, they are no better than the lawyers that fight for them.

Granted its old news However they have no right to power trip, especially where their character was created after the fact.

29 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

Its not the point.

Hasbro had no problem all those years with DC with their bumblebee. They never pushed the issue in the past.

And DC was Courteous in accepting another Franchise sharing the same name and color schemes all those years.

Now that Hasbro is deciding to make a movie about that particular Giant Alien Robot from outer space. They Got the nerve to Demand that everything DC Bumblebee be prevented made to be sold because of their attitude.

My Bumblebee is more popular than yours, you lost your right to use the name bumblebee on your character. Is Insulting after all DC was the firs one to create their character and chosen that particular color choice.

Im not here to to promote others to boycott Hasbro over this ,

''this is my personal choice. And yes I have a right to do this. Does this mean everyone who supports Hasbro I will boycott too.

No, I still buy Lego and Pokémon plush. "'Kids major Pokémon fans.''

Anything stamped with Hasbro name on the box I will boycott, 

You say Hasbro lawyers put them up to this, for hasbro to go along with the lawsuit, they are no better than the lawyers that fight for them.

Granted its old news However they have no right to power trip, especially where their character was created after the fact.

I'm sorry but you're being super petty.

Literally tons of companies do this all the time. Do you own iTunes or any Apple product? Better ditch those too because they sue people all the time over petty stuff. Once they sued Samsung for making their phones thin rounded rectangles and won.

Do you listen to the Beatles? They sued Apple computers FIVE TIMES over their logo being an Apple.

The list goes on and on.

Nintendo is famous for shutting down fan projects that are no threat to them. Recently they shut down tons of ROM sites to get rid of games that Nintendo hasn't sold in decades so they could resell them to us all for the third or fourth time.

That's not even the first example of greed from them. Pokemon's creator flat out said once "we will keep making pokemon so long as they keep making money". Why do you think Nintendo releases two versions of Pokemon instead of one? Money. If you are going to stop supporting Hasbro because of "greedy business tactics", you may as well stop supporting everyone.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, Zkrahs Yek said:

I'm sorry but you're being super petty.

Literally tons of companies do this all the time. Do you own iTunes or any Apple product? Better ditch those too because they sue people all the time over petty stuff. Once they sued Samsung for making their phones thin rounded rectangles and won.

Do you listen to the Beatles? They sued Apple computers FIVE TIMES over their logo being an Apple.

The list goes on and on.

Nintendo is famous for shutting down fan projects that are no threat to them. Recently they shut down tons of ROM sites to get rid of games that Nintendo hasn't sold in decades so they could resell them to us all for the third or fourth time.

That's not even the first example of greed from them. Pokemon's creator flat out said once "we will keep making pokemon so long as they keep making money". Why do you think Nintendo releases two versions of Pokemon instead of one? Money. If you are going to stop supporting Hasbro because of "greedy business tactics", you may as well stop supporting everyone.

Nope , I'm not boycotting because of silliness.  Im boycotting because,the Lawsuit should have never happened in the first place.

The fact that Hasbro had the Dam Nerve to sue over a Character name and the color scheme, that the original Creator first came up with.  Just set me off.

I like the DC Bumblebee character in DC comics. And Yes I like the Bumblebee character in Transformers.

They are equally in their own unique creative class and deserve to continue on without dispute.

The fact that Hasbro tried to block production and use of the name of Bumblebee for the DC character was very dirty and deceptive them .

All them years DC respected Hasbro Transformer Robot Bumblebee, and graciously.  allowed Hasbro to use the name and color scheme, even though they were the very first ones to use the name and color style for their character first.

I have the Upmost Highest Respect for DC.

Yet Hasbro, nerve to Sue them over it,.. Is down right Insulting.

True this is old news, however, after this sly stunt.  Hasbro is banned from my house. They are not the only toy makers on the plant or Entertainment industry on the planet too. Im going to talk with my wallet.

Yes I'm sadden by this after all  the Transformer Bumblebee was one of my favorites.

Yet in light of this Insult to DC, Im Boycotting.

Do whatever you wish, its your business, however what I decide is my own personal choice. Thank You.

5 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

Nope , I'm not boycotting because of silliness.  Im boycotting because,the Lawsuit should have never happened in the first place.

The fact that Hasbro had the Dam Nerve to sue over a Character name and the color scheme, that the original Creator first came up with.  Just set me off.

I like the DC Bumblebee character in DC comics. And Yes I like the Bumblebee character in Transformers.

They are equally in their own unique creative class and deserve to continue on without dispute.

The fact that Hasbro tried to block production and use of the name of Bumblebee for the DC character was very dirty and deceptive them .

All them years DC respected Hasbro Transformer Robot Bumblebee, and graciously.  allowed Hasbro to use the name and color scheme, even though they were the very first ones to use the name and color style for their character first.

I have the Upmost Highest Respect for DC.

Yet Hasbro, nerve to Sue them over it,.. Is down right Insulting.

True this is old news, however, after this sly stunt.  Hasbro is banned from my house. They are not the only toy makers on the plant or Entertainment industry on the planet too. Im going to talk with my wallet.

Yes I'm sadden by this after all  the Transformer Bumblebee was one of my favorites.

Yet in light of this Insult to DC, Im Boycotting.

Do whatever you wish, its your business, however what I decide is my own personal choice. Thank You.

I'm just saying that if this upsets you, then you should not be supporting tons of companies who have done way worse. Go look at Some of Disney's lawsuits. I think you're being petty.

I’m ending this. This thread has gotten way over the line several times and on top of this ... this is an old suit that has since been settled. 

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

After some internal discussion the consensus was reached to unlock the thread. There has been some miscommunication around the thread's topic, as the sue in question is not exactly a new case on itself.

Nevertheless, the thread itself is not inherently flawed, it can serve a fair discussion point and is by all means valid. Nevertheless, the requirement to keep it civil is still in play, for all sides.

• 1 month later...