Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Disturbing moment in g1

ManaMinori

In the episode “Through the Door”, a sexy woman who come into Ponyland is seen teaching baby ponies- BABY ponies- the Dance of the Seven Veils, which is basically a striptease. 

Spoiler

The Dance of the Seven Veils is often believed to be based on the biblical story of Herodias. She had and adulterous affair with her uncle Herod Antipas. They both divorced their respective spouses and married each other. John the Baptistscolded them because he felt the relationship was incestuous, and in retaliation, Herod imprisoned John. Perhaps this incarceration satisfied Herod, but not his wife.

At Herod's birthday party, his stepdaughter danced to entertain Herod and his guests. Herod was so enchanted by the dance that he promised her anything she desired. Her mother, Herodias, had the twisted and wicked idea of suggesting that John be killed and his head severed as a suitable prize for such a beautiful dance. And so it was. John the Baptist's head was cut off and delivered on a tray. Pretty gruesome stuff and you can read the details in Matt. 14:6-11 and Mark 6:21-28.

In 1891, Irish playwright Oscar Wilde wrote a play called 'Salome' which was based on Herodias's daughter. He named the girl Salome, and spiced up the story by saying the dance was seductive and included seven veils

I'm not really all that familiar with G1, but these don't exactly strike me as "baby" ponies, OP. Perhaps fillies, but not legit babies. Disturbing humorous nonetheless, but my point still stands :o 

ezgif-2-5b08ed739061.gif

^What I'm more disturbed by is the simple interaction between ponies and humans. Shit is weird af. (Jesus, I really hope they leave humans out of G5... *shudders*)

21 hours ago, JetPistol said:

I'm not really all that familiar with G1, but these don't exactly strike me as "baby" ponies, OP. Perhaps fillies, but not legit babies. Disturbing humorous nonetheless, but my point still stands :o 

ezgif-2-5b08ed739061.gif

^What I'm more disturbed by is the simple interaction between ponies and humans. Shit is weird af. (Jesus, I really hope they leave humans out of G5... *shudders*)

Technically she’s a myth that came out of storybook world, behind a Door that wasn’t supposed to opened. Why that door was in ponyland to begin with, is another....story...

• Brohoof 1

Well, firstly the 'sexy lady' is Scheherazade, she is a major female character and the storyteller in the Middle Eastern literature One Thousand and One Nights.

You have to take into context the actual plot of the episode and watch it. Through the door was a magical door and when it was open by the ponies, great legends and myths came through the door, like Robin Hood and even Paul Bunyan. Scheherazade was one of the myths and legends that came through the door.

Soooo, yea, it's a fictional character from book inserted into a fictional story with talking ponies. I don't quite think this is any weirder than ponies traveling to 'earth' becoming human but not really because I never went to school with kids named Fluttershy. Twilight sparkle or Rainbow Dash in the real world with yellow, purple or blue skin. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 11:39 AM, JetPistol said:

ezgif-2-5b08ed739061.gif

That’s uh...so..disturbing in so many ways. 

Oh, they were twerking before twerking became popular? I am sorry I don't see what such a big deal about human woman teaching ponies how to dance.