Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable around their own gender?

Octavia Heartstrings

I often feel more comfortable around girls than other guys... though I have had very close friends who were guys and I tend to get along absolutely fine with people who don't fit into either category so in the end I don't care too much about gender.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:12 AM, Le Angel Dust said:

I could care less about who won that football game, and I certainly could care less when you start talking about attractive women... :eww: You know I could talk about attractive men and crossdressing to make YOU uncomfortable! ;)

Oh, I know that type of men! The ones who talk about football games and attractive women (more specifically, the attractive features, not the women themselves). They are not only boring but also boring. Did I forget, boring?

I find myself most comfortable around the same gender as myself. But really, it all comes down to interests. I don't care as long as we have something to talk about, that is fun to talk about! And yes, if football and attractive women was a subject of discussion, I would be okay with that. But I would also be okay talking about attractive men and crossdressing!

• Brohoof 1

Not really, most of my friends are male and I feel more at ease with them as we share similar interests and think more alike so friendships form more naturally. I do have female friends too but I'm generally more shy around the opposite gender.

People who have treated me badly in the past have been from both genders fairly equally so I wouldn't say either is better than the other when it comes to unpleasant people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm normally comfortable around both genders Unless its a guy that is drop dead handsome or a girl that is just beautiful beyond belief, then I just feel insecure! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

Seeing how i was bullied and beaten up by mostly males ( like over 10 ) and just one female, i actually do feel uncomfortable around my own gender.

I feel more comfortable with Females, but then again have no contact with them either, because im shy. :awwthanks:

1 hour ago, Mendeline said:

Seeing how i was bullied and beaten up by mostly males ( like over 10 ) and just one female, i actually do feel uncomfortable around my own gender.

I feel more comfortable with Females, but then again have no contact with them either, because im shy. :awwthanks:

I'm so terribly sorry to hear that you had to go through such a traumatic experience, hearing abuse stories really makes me sad and angry at the same time. If you ever need someone to talk to my private messages are always open and I'm always on discord my friend.....:kindness: 

• Brohoof 3

I’d say....it depends on the people. Overall I’d say I’m more comfortable around my own gender. However there are certain types of women who I don’t get along with at all. 

Whereas we just hired a new guy on second shift and he’s pretty cool. So I’m comfortable around him.

For me it’s more of a what age group do you feel most comfortable with. On my normal shift I work with the older generation and they’re all pretty terrible. One of them is my dads age and he’s bullied me to the point of HR getting involved. 

• 3 months later...

I feel uncomfortable with both genders really, both have made advances on me uncalled for difference being while girls keep it at simply being touch I have literally been harassed sexually many times by my own gender to the point where I feel very uncomfortable with others that are my own gender. Would say an UwU to it but there's nothing to say about it, I do not see why you would not respect my own personal space but here we are and what it means is I'm simply uncomfortable with both genders.