Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zombie apocalyspe:What does it take to survive?

CapnKrunk

(edited)

Well... even though I don't believe in the possibility of a zombie apocalypse, I do have somewhat of a plan.

First of, I would try to find as many men and women who are strong, alive and willing to help as I can. Then, we would build an old type of fortification, called "earthwork redoubt". A redoubt is an improvised fort, which normally has dirt for walls and a long trench-like ditch on the outer part. That ditch normally has wooden spikes inside.

Posted Image

(That's BGMS_Redoubt_10, a map I made for BattleGrounds II. Buggy as fuck, I must say)

Then, we would get weapons, ammo and food.

Finally, we would get a music player, a dvd with the tune "Men of Harlech" and stand our ground until we all die.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvKZHJeayg[/media]

(That's as close as we ever got to a real zombie charge, Rorke's Drift.)

Edited by Kochi
  • Brohoof 1

Taking out organs or making it loose blood wouldn't affect it. So taking out the legs would make it unable to mobilze as easily. Also making it easier to get a nice slash to the cranium.

What about aiming straight for the chest with a shotgun?? It would pretty much destroy it and kill them instantly. The body is also easier to aim for, while the legs are constantly moving, and smaller and harder targets.

(edited)

How to survive the Zombie Apocalypse (For dummies and mentally challenged):

1. Read this article

2. Grab a popcorn

If all things gone to the worse, grab a train and set it on fire

Posted Image

And

Posted Image

it is a dog Edited by MasterCadence

Posted Image

A puppy (Yorkie mix...so small puppy). Is my weapon..."Quick! Distract the zombies with Cuteness!"

I've been reading things and I've even printed out things on how to survive. But I feel Like

this:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

What will I need to survive? A way to avoid the zombies (Blimp!!!), a way to obtain food, and a long ranged weapon, so that I can obtain food and fuel. Once the blimp goes out, I'll use an abandoned Civil War fort, or an old Castle.

This is an actual serious topic that has gotten me thinking very hard on- If an infected outbreak were to occur, and I was a survivor, how could I possibly keep my cool, and keep myself alive?

I know what you're thinking, 15 year old kid, he has no chance. The truth is, an infected individual would not be much of a thread. Granted, one scratch or a bite could send you to a living/dead hell, but besides that, a single infected could rarely do you harm. They do not have super strength(Although they have vicelike grip because their brains allow them to push past their limits), they are extremely slow, and they have to be up close to do any damage at all. Sneaking around infected would be the logical way to avoid any zombie, as they rely on their animal senses to find their prey. The only true threat would be a group of zombies, but even then they would need to be right up on you.

A simple blunt object, such as a bat, could be used to defend one's self from a mindless infected, just as a means to keep them back, or to get them on the ground. Since I have no firearm experience in the slightest fashion, guns would not be much to my advantage, plus the fact that ammo is scarce and the noise is great. If I ever needed to use a long rage weapon, I could just easily get away from the zombie anyway.

But there is also the psychological aspect of an apocalyptic world- How will you keep your mind in tact? There are dead human beings outside your home that have the one goal of eating your flesh. Keeping your mind sane while knowing this would be a difficult feat. You would need to be able to relieve stress easily, without causing too much of an attraction of your undead friends. Playing cards with oneself, a board game (If you're with other survivors), or a simple mind game could easily keep your mind focused. Violence is not the most important aspect of the infected world, it is keeping yourself from falling into it's depths.

In my mind however, I do not believe zombies would be the TRUE thread in the apocalypse. I believe human's will be the most dangerous. Humans are prone to do anything desperate to stay alive, even killing a fellow member of their own kind. Scavengers and bandits would run rampage, killing any innocent they encounter just to survive.

These are just the many questions I ponder in my head about the infection. What are yours?

A simple blunt object, such as a bat, could be used to defend one's self from a mindless infected

Go take a bat and hit a rock. That's what it would be like. It wouldn't even stop them either since they can't really feel pain and I doubt they can feel dizziness.

The best weapon would be a military grade halberd since it would be sharp enough to cut and still maintain distance. Guns would be the worst weapons due to their ammo.

In reality, you would want to avoid zombie conflict since they would most likely overwhelm you. your best bet would be use buildings in a city where you could travel above zombies and use the small spaces as choke points.

To keep yourself sane you could also keep a journal and a goal.

Your right about the people being the worst part. They would definitely be the hardest part. Your best bet would be by yourself and keep a small pistol on you just in case.

The hardest part wold be securing supplies.

Thinking about a zombie Apocalypse is a lot of fun.

• Brohoof 1

I am actually quite pleased you raised these points up.

When you hit someone over the head with a bat, in theory, the forced should cause your body to follow suite. The point of it would be for the zombie to fall over, not crack a skull. And yes, I raised the avoid part plenty often in this.

It would seem like a group would be nice in an apocalypse, but anyone could snap at any moment, and everyone could die.

• Brohoof 1

When you hit someone over the head with a bat, in theory, the forced should cause your body to follow suite. The point of it would be for the zombie to fall over, not crack a skull.

It wouldn't though. The body has incredibly good balance. Your best bet would be to stay at a distance and immobilize them by attacking the legs.

Your first impression would be to group up, but the problem is that people are naturally weak and its natural for one persons safety to trump others. If someone feels like the groups decision doesn't have their best interest in mind, they might betray or just leave.

Additionally fire would also work very well since it could be spread to others zombies close by. It would be a good way to clear out densely pack zombies.

(edited)

Yes, but a zombie on fire is like throwing a match into a bucket full of gasoline. Set one off, then the others shall come as well. And since they do not feel pain, they will keep coming at you, while on fire, which could set the environment by you of fire, which could it up killing you anyway.

And that's why if an infection does happen, I just might wing it, although being TRULY alone would send my mind spiraling into chaos.

Edited by Kohta

You wouldn't set them on fire where your staying. It would be more of a clearing tactic because your going to have to get rid of them eventually.

I know, but you would still burn down the area around you, which could cause massive damage.

Then again, how many people have access to anything that starts fires anyway, besides matches.

We should really do a zombie RP, shouldn't we?

Personally, I would hate to be alone. I would try and find survivors, but make sure it was a very small group, like a 3 or 4. If I was alone for the rest of my life, I would probably become insane.

Then again, how many people have access to anything that starts fires anyway, besides matches.

Petrol + Matches.

Then again, like you said, it wouldn't be the best idea, but if it was used as an escape tactic, it would work.

I don't live in a city. In Guernsey, it is mostly made up of countryside and beaches, with a town. I would mostly be fighting in woodland, which is considerably harder, as there wouldn't be much light source, and it is mainly open (apart from trees) so you would be exposed.

You could also flood areas and electrocute the zombies.

Almost everyone would break down, I know I would. In reality zombies would be doomed to fail, the military, unless it was infected from within could easily mow down zombies like crazy from the air :/

The problem would be the people. Once the zombies are gone, how would you keep the people in control? I mean people already have problems with the media sensationalizing serial killers and rapists. Now you have to worry that your neighbor could become a zombie, or something. Not to mention any science related to whatever caused the zombies would be unreasonably hated.

Also, you could flood areas and electrocute the zombies.

You could also flood areas and electrocute the zombies.

The problem would be the people. Once the zombies are gone, how would you keep the people in control? I mean people already have problems with the media sensationalizing serial killers and rapists. Now you have to worry that your neighbor could become a zombie, or something. Not to mention any science related to whatever caused the zombies would be unreasonably hated.

Also, you could flood areas and electrocute the zombies.

I know, the people would be worse than the zombies.

Theres always multiple variables since to be honest, something like that happening could be different from the norm.

For example what if it was possible for mosquitos to spread this virus rather than the typical bite or scratch.

That alone would change the game of what someone would need to do.

Now you have to worry that your neighbor could become a zombie, or something.

But surely, you would be travelling? I wouldn't stay at my house. NEVER stay in one place in a zombie apocalypse.

Gone and merged these two Zombie Apocalypse threads together, cause we certainly don't need two of them on the same subject.

(By the way guys, the Zombie Apocalypse has been cancelled... Seriously, I heard it on the Radio 3 days ago >.>)

• Brohoof 1