Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How has the show changed your life?

CastletonSnob

It's helped me to stay relatively happy and given me something to look forward to over the years. It's not at all an exaggeration to say that there were even a few times in life where this show was pretty much the only reason I bothered to get out of bed at all. It gave me something to look forward to when I had nothing else and always managed to put a smile on my face when I really needed it. I'm honestly not sure where I'd be now if it wasn't for this show, but if I was around at all, I think there's a pretty good chance I'd be a much more miserable person in general.

On top of that, it got me into really interacting with a fandom for the first time ever, where I've seen a ton of amazing fanworks and met a lot of really cool people. Especially my best friend @Deae Rising Shine~, who I'd probably have never met without this show, so I owe it a ton for that.:yay:

• Brohoof 2

Meeting the community and watching the show has made me a much more compassionate person and taught me the value of being soft as well as logical. I was an angry person before the Jedi path. The Jedi path taught me control and logic but the MLP community taught me the value of softness. 

• Brohoof 1

Its taught how important friendships are, and about how helping each other and working together makes the world a little better to live in. While giving Kindness and about how we can all help each other with problems together

Edited by Starry Sky
  • Brohoof 2

It introduced me to a lot of great music, fanfics, and recommendations for other shows, as well as inspiring me to write several fanfics. Even though the episodes weren't life-changing for me, I'm still glad I've watched them all.

• Brohoof 1

If it weren't for MLP, I wouldn't have met the love of my life, or finally come out as being bisexual. If it weren't for MLP, well....my life certainly wouldn't be as happy.

MLP FIM, and this whole community, has really taught me about who I really am as a person. It's also taught me to have more of an open mind. I have amazing friends from all walks of life thanks to this community....and of course, this community wouldn't even exist if it weren't for MLP. 

All that being said...MLP has definitely made a huge impact on my life and all for the better, and there will always be a special spot for it in my heart. ❤

The show gave me a reason to turn on the TV again in anticipation! Not only that it has helped me develop a sense of Morality and showed me that friendship can lead me to a new and better path in life. To paraphrase the end of the William Wallace Campaign in Age of Empires II:

"Twilight Sparkle has shown us all the way to a better path in life, it is up to us to follow it!"

Not only that it has helped me develop my artsy side and given me a direction in life. I want to become an animator, voice actor, and writer now thanks to the hard work and dedication the team had in writing this Intelligent, Fresh, and endearing take on My Little Pony. It helped me realize how exhilarating it is to watch a world you created not only come to life but become so loved!

So thank you Lauren Faust, To the Voice Actors, Writers, and Animators! You have improved so many lives! Mine Included...

It did get me through some tough times. Joining the fandom was also a pretty wonderful experience overall.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

It gave me something to look forward to, like a rainbow after a storm. It made me smile during my worse days and gave me something to think about when my mind wanted to fight me.  I'm glad this existed.

• 2 years later...

It honestly made me into who I am today, got me socializing a bit more, and hell, even some certain episodes that helped me in life.

Overall, this show has helped me in more ways than one. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

As a trans woman I wanted to get into some series that society wouldn't let me as a young boy, MLP in particular being a big one. I started watching in 2018 but quickly stopped due to embarrassment in school. In 2021 I met new friends and by extension my childhood friends who I'd cut off years before but were much more excepting now they were older. This new environment made me much more comfortable to openly be myself and indulge in the interests I wanted to and as two of those friends were already fans of the series it was easy for me to start watching again without feeling ashamed or embarrassed for liking what I like, and starting the show was the best decision I've ever made.

I see myself in a lot of the characters which makes watching them an extremely emotional experience at times, Pinkie Pie in particular encapsulates the energy that has made life hard at times as a neurodivergent person with an eerily similar personality and turns that into something to be proud of. The music of MLP musicians such as Vylet Pony has helped me through a lot, and for the show itself, everything about it makes me feel like the girl I've always wanted to be like nothing else and I can't thank My Little Pony enough for that. I'm currently halfway through season 8 and I'm genuinely scared of finishing FiM (I know it's gonna break me lol) but even after I'll always have those episodes, music and characters to come back to, and I'll still be keeping up to gen 5 even if it comes nowhere close to gen 4. My Little Pony is a part of my life now and for that I couldn't be happier.

Shout out to Trixie Lulamoon I've adoped her last name as my middle name so the show can always be a part of me. Just as PrinceWhateverer said: I'll die with the herd /)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

It's just a TV show.

That change people :P

It changed me because I am spending every day with it, and that is my grown-up life :dash:

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Splashee said:

That change people :P

I guess. It's just that I consider it to be just a TV show, like a lot of others I have watched. OK, I bought some merch of this TV show, but it probably helped that the figures were cheaper than those of various anime characters. I separate reality from fiction and do not really change based on what TV show I watch or game I play. 

While it has not changed me, if this TV show makes other people feel better - it's good I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately there is no changing this life until it is ended so it can have a proper beginning. I've been carrying with the consequences of mistakes I didn't make, for most of my life.
The show does help as any form of escapism does. But I do not delude myself any further than that. Most of the problems I have cannot be resolved with fictional ideas, really. Because you cannot replace a destroyed family and life with fiction or a ****ing light in the sky. The damage is very real, and it feels real. And I am not willing to run away anymore. Which exacerbates my already unestable condition. Sooner or later everything comes to the surface. And when it does, there is no telling what will happen. But I am waiting for that catalyst that will release me from this burden.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

It introduced me to a few really good friends and inspired me to make a lot of cool art :coco:

Same here! :eager:

It also inspired me to go to a different place with my "fan fiction" writing by trying role playing with my friends on MLP Forums. :mlp_grin:

• 4 months later...

The show made me appreciate, who I am far more. 

My biggest bane was always my self esteem, or, to be more specific - a complete lack of it. As a rather soft spoken and "in the clouds" kind of person I had to deal with criticism on a regular basis with people expecting me to "be a man" aka - tough, stone cold, with very specific set of hobbies (what's up with that, I don't like watching sports and suddenly people look at me like some sort of alien xD). Any "deviation" from that rather narrow minded point of view was sin as a weakness. 

Needless to say, having the same thing, however ridiculous it may be literally pounded into Your brain with some sort of mental sledgehammer makes You eventually believe that. Since I couldn't just change to "fit in" (nor did I ever want to as such attempts made me only feel worse) my self esteem plummeted rather quickly with me seeing myself as a naive, paper man with nothing to present to the wide world. I will tell You all this - it wasn't fun. Today I laugh at that (and feel happy I never gave in) but back then it took away much of my enjoyment from pretty much anything. 

Then there's this show, where I'm suddenly told that no matter who I am - I am worthwhile. Even more, there are actual fans behind it and in large numbers too, who tell me the same thing - I'm worthwhile. There's a character who faces my very own struggles and remains true to herself and through that becomes strong. Only that strength is hidden as there's more behind the word than some brute force or ability to tell someone to "get lost". That was a life changer to me. That hasn't fixed all my problems, obviously, it takes even more than that for this to happen, but set me on a right path. 

I am certain that if I never ran into this show then today I'd be another "boring" human, who killed their passions and lives only to work, eat and sleep. I am certain, because this is exactly the kind of ideal that I was being pummelled with. 

It's no exaggeration to say that I owe this show my life today. I wouldn't be myself if it wasn't for ponies. And I am proud of it. 

• 2 months later...