Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crying during Equestria Girls??

SpittyPie2005

I am a big sap.

I love MLP in general because there were moments that made me FEEL for the characters; a great sign of good writing and voice acting.  Of course, just like so many of you here, Sunset's memories being pulled from her really brought the waterworks on.  I truly respect ANY show or artwork or musical piece that brings tears to my eyes... and it happens often.

As far as my experience goes, crying is one of the most cathartic and emotional releases that humankind has.  And it doesn't always have to be for pain - because emotions of ALL kinds well up inside of us, including extreme joy, crushing fear, intense understanding and just pure release.  These things, no matter the sources, are something we can always do to just let things go; there's no shame in that, is there?

But keep in mind, this is coming from a big sap.  *chuckle*

@Randimaxis

Oh yes, Forgotten Friendship... Normal people cry during Bambi (I do too though), but Forgotten Friendship got me crying even harder. The last 6 minutes of that mini-movie had me crying like you wouldn't believe...I'm honestly really embarrassed how much I cried during it. One time my mom wanted to watch it with me, and we had to stop watching it because I was cryin so hard.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

@Randimaxis

Oh yes, Forgotten Friendship... Normal people cry during Bambi (I do too though), but Forgotten Friendship got me crying even harder. The last 6 minutes of that mini-movie had me crying like you wouldn't believe...I'm honestly really embarrassed how much I cried during it. One time my mom wanted to watch it with me, and we had to stop watching it because I was cryin so hard.

Forgotten Friendship brought me back to MLP after being absent from it for 4 years. Having being manipulated by Five Nights at Freddy's extremes, and emotional friendships from Undertale, watching Forgotten Friendship was really a whole different level to me, and made me come back to enjoy the rest of the series.

You already know I cried, but it was more of a happy cry to see Sunset getting accepted into the main story, and the larger friendship that she and the real Twilight shared. A true masterpiece!

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

@Splashee

It still does bother me that Sunset would rather give up her own memories than see her friends' get erased, but I guess I can see why she did it...

Friendship at its highest level. Sacrificing yourself for someone else.

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

@Splashee Oh please, gimme a break... there's no way friendship is that important!

The value of Sunset's friendship is being on display with her act, at that moment. It shows what she is willing to do for her friends.

Everyone has their own value of what friendship means.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

The value of Sunset's friendship is being on display with her act, at that moment. It shows what she is willing to do for her friends.

There is no value to me...

3 minutes ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

There is no value to me...

You always put a value on something or someone. Sunset might be weird for putting a value on 6 of her friends as one single unit, when we know all of them are different and might not be a perfect friend most of the time. Sunset is older and more experienced in friendship, and are willing to put all issues aside. She will always be the perfect hero to me.

• Brohoof 4

6 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I think that is one of the keys to the whole of Pony/EqG. Friendship is shown as such a magical, valuable thing that even demigods like Discord will sacrifice anything to retain it, once they have it. In Sunset's case we have the example of her "past is not today" song, where we see the support and friendship of the other girls was literally what let her rebuild her life after her defeat by Twilight.

While I find her sacrifice there a little over-melodramatic, I *did* tear up when she reverted to her first arrival, and you saw how she literally cried out to Celestia to help her.....

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, vampireponyprince said:

for some reason I don't cry in movies unless there's an animal that dies in them, or if there's a scene relating to self harm or worse. so long story short, nope. but I did thoroughly enjoy the films!

Oof....yeah...self harm....:wacko:

And animals dying in movies is literally the saddest thing ever, that's why I rarely watch dog movies!!