Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Potion short.

CastletonSnob

It was okay, but the reason it was advertised as "New Series", I have no clue. That isn't their first MLP stop-motion short. 

It could be because Pony Life will involve Pinkie Pie making potions from what we've been told, but the setting of the world in this short was clearly FiM.  

16 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Didn’t like it. Not funny or cute. I hope this isn’t a sign of what’s to come :twi:

I agree. If the new shorts are nothing but "ooh's" & "ahh's" with no real dialogue then it will get old really fast. 

49 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree. If the new shorts are nothing but "ooh's" & "ahh's" with no real dialogue then it will get old really fast. 

I’m sure there will be actual dialogue but this humor is just way too childish. I get that it’s a children’s show but this? This is just straight up embarrassing.

• Brohoof 2

Episode 2 just popped up and this one seems to have a moral, kinda! It reminds me more of the kind of stuff you'd see in the show, although I still find the missing jaws a little bit unsettling.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro, it is 2020.... Come on, you can't do such a mistake to say © 2019 :mustache:

It is so odd just hearing their voices/noises but no speak. It reminds me of fan content, when you don't have access to voice actors.

It looked pretty cool, the animation, and the effects. No groundbreaking, just entertainment like, you know 2011 fan made content. I would say the Equestria Girls shorts were more expensive that these shorts, having had drawn (!) animation and voice acting, and maybe some kind of story to it. Will Pony Life be like the Equestria Girls shorts then?

Spoiler

(!) Hand drawn, well, at least story boarded for Flash animation.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Kadae said:

Episode 2 just popped up and this one seems to have a moral, kinda! It reminds me more of the kind of stuff you'd see in the show, although I still find the missing jaws a little bit unsettling.

Okay, this one was adorable 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I really like the animation in these so I wound up watching a whole bunch of them, but the writing is clearly pitched at very young children and I couldn't really get into it. But oh my god that animation is adorable. 

I...have no idea what I'm watching, here. I can get behind low-stakes, comedic videos, but...it's like everyone's been lobotomized or something. What happened to the characterization? And this is coming from someone who actually thought Teen Titans Go was funny.

None of these shorts are appealing to me. I don't like the design of the toys. I don't like the voice acting in these ones. And they are not targeted for grown ups the way FIM was. :smolder: