How many tabs do you normally keep open on your browser?

Oblivion

How many tabs do you keep open?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. How many tabs do you keep open?

• I close my browser after every use so not very many!
    • 1-4
    • 4-8
    • 8-12
    • 12-16
    • 16-20
    • 20-24
    • over 50?
    • over 100???
    • over 150 ?!?!?!?!
    • 200!!!!!!????
    • I lost count a while ago, I never close my browser.... >////<

On my older pc's I could not keep that many open but with the advent of more ram better specks I usually keep like sometimes 100's (what feels like hundreds anyway) open until I start starving for ram then I close them again and start over! :ButtercupLaugh:

I like never close my browser so the tabs tend to add up quickly! 

• Brohoof 4

8r6aiHM.png

On two computers, I think I had at least 70 tabs open and oftentimes it would go over 100 tabs. In both cases, I had tabs that were open since 2017 and many of them were things like Youtube videos I intended to watch later, articles I intended to read at some point, etc. That number went to zero when due to Chrome crashing on both computers around the same time in late 2019. It was probably a good thing since I am sure my computers' RAM probably really hates me. But the number of tabs is slowly growing again.

• Brohoof 2

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

3 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

On two computers, I think I had at least 70 tabs open and oftentimes it would go over 100 tabs. In both cases, I had tabs that were open since 2017 and many of them were things like Youtube videos I intended to watch later, articles I intended to read at some point, etc. That number went to zero when due to Chrome crashing on both computers around the same time in late 2019. It was probably a good thing since I am sure my computers' RAM probably really hates me. But the number of tabs is slowly growing again.

Tabs open for 2 years??? and never have a power outage???? OHMYGAWD!

• Brohoof 2

8r6aiHM.png

3 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

I keep a lot of tabs open. As for power outages - that's what a UPS is for.

Very few people actually have those though! 

• Brohoof 3

8r6aiHM.png

Waaaaay too many. Currently have 47 (which for some reason is not an option on the poll) but I think I have more stashed away in an extension. I know I used the Internet before tabbed browsing, but for the life of me I can't remeber how.

• Brohoof 2

I currently have 180 tabs open over 3 accounts.

I'm an information sponge...

• Brohoof 1

“Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing you have received--only what you have given.”

After reading some of the replies I don't feel that my usual 15-20 tabs are that many. Although I miss the old Opera browser where you could easily group opened tabs to save space - I would have dozens of tabs open at the same time back then.

• Brohoof 1

Normally two or three, since my computer can't really handle more than that. Just moving the cursor around jumps the CPU usage over 80% (I'm not exaggerating. As I sit here with one tab and task manager open, 10% CPU utilization, moving the cursor makes that number go way too high--there was a spike at 92%). Sometimes I'll go up to ten tabs if I'm writing and need to cross reference a bunch of stuff, but doing that kills my computer. I need a new one. I'll probably just buy an old i7 system for $80 or something and throw this computer's GT 710 in it.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash Fanatic

"You stroll down memories of younger, brighter times 'cause you never realize what you've got till you leave it all behind." ~ dBPony

"So we’re here at the end, did we teach you well, my friend? Don’t look so sad to see us go, after the rain comes rainbows." ~ Princewhateverer

"Darlin' you'll be okay." ~ Vic Fuentes

How on earth do you people have so many open? I have 9 right now and can get to about 20 if I'm researching something, but I usually keep it at 8. Currently I have facebook, some storage unit sites, phone plans, my email, and the forums up. Otherwise I have 284 saved/set aside that I really need to go through but they're not open. On my phone I think I have a dozen or so. My girlfriend will just open a new tab rather than change whatever she's on and she forgets to go through and close them so she'll get at least 50 really easilly.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

How on earth do you people have so many open? I have 9 right now and can get to about 20 if I'm researching something, but I usually keep it at 8. Currently I have facebook, some storage unit sites, phone plans, my email, and the forums up. Otherwise I have 284 saved/set aside that I really need to go through but they're not open. On my phone I think I have a dozen or so. My girlfriend will just open a new tab rather than change whatever she's on and she forgets to go through and close them so she'll get at least 50 really easilly.

I just never close tabs lol

• Brohoof 2

8r6aiHM.png

currently i have 53 tabs open, usually try to keep it below 30 tabs; in reality it's so easy for me to open something like a youtube video and then never go back to watch it

• Brohoof 1

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

41 minutes ago, Zero said:

currently i have 53 tabs open, usually try to keep it below 30 tabs; in reality it's so easy for me to open something like a youtube video and then never go back to watch it

Glade I'm not the only one that does that! 

• Brohoof 2

8r6aiHM.png

Don't hate me..
As many as possible usually.. xD
My Iphone won't get slower if i have all the tabs i can open -- and my PC idk.. always many too

• Brohoof 2

81JYZLI.png
#NoAI please be so kind to not throw my artworks into AI machines,
This is something that unsettles me heavily! <3
Signature by @Moonlight

32 currently on PC, 7 on mobile. Both numbers are low for me- I had a tab clear out the other day

• Brohoof 1

On 4/22/2016 at 6:16 PM, The Nightly Spectre said:

One does not ask why The Questioner is awesome. One should instead ask their gods if they ever compare to the awesomeness of the one and only Questioner.

I'm only asking this because my friend ALWAYS gives me a hard time about the amount of tabs I have open! 

• Brohoof 2

8r6aiHM.png

• 1 month later...

I honestly have 60 open right now. I think I've reached 100 before, but then I started trimming it down when the little tab things on google got too small for me to press easily. 

90 percent of those tabs have something to do with mlp, so I guess that's the reason why I have so many ^_^

Edited by Spacetime Vortex
  • Brohoof 3

1774892441_PrincessofGrapesSIGRequest1.png.e08ffe57299a25107021be625461c1e1.png