Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad @Toshigami Equine @ExplosionMare

“Gah, just didn’t want to upset Finn...but there is something I can do...” Thundy said gathering some electricity and making his fledgeling explorers belt appear from the blue. It had all of Thundy’s explorer stuff on it from his binoculars to his healing stuff, digital HUD and grappling hook. “Just be sure not to press the button that releases the grappling hook.” Thundy said handing his explorers belt to Finn. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Real Pencil pet water Pencil lightly on the head, hoping that would calm her down. Finn had been denied the belt by basically everyone, so there was nothing to worry about anymore. Real Pencil then chuckled when Dynamo mentioned how he almost saw double once water Pencil was created. Real Pencil almost saw double herself even though she knew she was the real thing. With the belt discussion settled, both Pencils were able to relax a bit knowing everyone was looking out for the colt’s safety.

An alternative solution to the gaming belt was Thundy’s explorer belt. It was very complex and it had a lot of interesting gadgets in it. However, the grappling hook mechanism was a bit of a concern. Even with Thundy’s warning, there could still be a chance that Finn could activate it accidentally. If he was careful, though, then he would be just fine.

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @Windy Breeze, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS

"Uh huh! Uh huh! Uh huh! I like ALL those things! All sciences are awesome!" Finn responds to the various types of science Thundy lists by nodding his head happily, getting up in his seat, and jumping around with joy. "My favorite is magic-applied science, and I've been reading as much as I can about magic applied to ti--" Finn stops himself, clears his throat and is noticeably less excited. "To, uhh... Magic applied to thermodynamics. Yeah. That's it. Quantum mechanics and such~" Finn says, nodding.

Hearing the rejection about the belt, he looks down, sad. He really seemed interested in that belt. But then Thundy gives him a gift! "YAY!" Finn gets up and strikes a pose with the explorer's belt. "Now I'm a field-scientist! Thank you, Mr. Thundy." Finn says. Also, he reaches out to see if he can touch Water Pencil without making her go splash or something.

Trilby finishes his breakfast and gets up. "Well, I have a date to prepare for. Shadow, I'll see you later today. Whenever you're ready, feel free to come by my shop, and we'll have that date I promised ya. Finn, you be a good boy to everyone, you hear? These are my new friends, and I don't want you making too much trouble for them, understand?" Trilby says rather paternally before rubbing the boys head. "Hehehe... Yes sir." Finn says. "Dynamo, good luck with Pastel. If anyone can figure it out, you can. Just believe in yourself. Pencil. Chelsea. Oh, and Thundy, I won't forget that I still owe you for this less-than-stellar breakfast. We'll figure something out eventually." Trilby waves them all goodbye for now.

• Brohoof 2

@Toshigami Equine @C. Thunder Dash @PawelS @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

Shadow stood up “Looks like, me and Trilby got some 'business 'to deal with together. See you later, Lil' Finn” she said to Finn.

(If Trilby and Shadow are now walking out of the restaurant)

Sundae's ears perked when she heard Trilby and Shadow are going to leave. Not so fast, they should not leave without causing a scene.

Coincidentally, she saw a stallion carrying a tray with three spaghetti, and three drinks. If Trilby and Shadow went nearby that costumer, Sundae would use her magic to grab Trilby's hind leg and trip him to crash into the unsuspecting costumer, which can also cause a high chance of the costumer to also to trip as well and hopefully the tray would fell on Shadow's direction to cover her face with noodles, tomato sauce, cheese, and juice.

But she has to divert Nopony's attention. She decided to use Finn's happy meal by making it fall off the table. No one will ignore a foal's distress over his food, which may sound sadistic, especially to her, but she had no other choice, and that's the only way to gain much everyone's attention.

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Toshigami Equine @Windy Breeze @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad

Thundy finished his food and saw Trilby leaving. "Alright, keep that promise Trilby." Thundy said as he waved goodbye. He turned to acknowledge Finn. "You're welcome. And wow, you're quite the smarty. Physics was my favorite. Did you know that the sun actually makes sound? Yes, because outer space is a vacuum, no sound can travel through space. That's why astronauts who go up in space have to wear special suits that enable them to breathe. Anyhow, to hear the sounds of the sun, scientists reflect radio waves off of it. This creates the sound. Because the sun is so hot, it's ray emission creates a low frequency hum, because of the density of the rays themselves." Thundy explained. 

The water version of Pencil looked at Finn's incoming hoof and hopped on it, looking up at Finn. 

Chelsea smiled at the water version of Pencil. 

Thundy then turned to Dynamo. "So...you ready for magic lessons?" He asked. 

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze @Toshigami Equine

Pencil gasped as Finn’s meal suddenly spilled all over the floor. There were fries everywhere and the remainder of Finn’s drink had dribbled onto the floor. Quickly, she went over to help by picking up everything she could find with her magic. Thankfully, the food was unable to stain anything, but the drink was still something to worry about. Pencil didn’t want to be rude and leave the spill there, so she dug through the leftover napkins to see if they would be of any use. The only ones left on the table were soggy, much to her dismay.

“Could somepony get me some napkins real quick? Finn spilled his meal over here,” she asked to whoever was still here.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Toshigami Equine @PawelS @Windy Breeze @C. Thunder Dash

"I'm sorry about that, Thundy." Dynamo responded, giving the griffon an apologetic look. "It's not that I don't want Finn to give the belt a try. I just don't want anything to happen to him or anyone else. After all that had happened and not knowing what this belt is capable of. It's better to be safe than sorry, you know?" He asks, before the griffon managed to create an explorer's belt for the young colt. "I guess a created belt is the next best thing. I think that would go well with finding items that might be needed in science experiments." He would say, chuckling at the young colt's enthusiasm about science. He could almost see a version of himself in Finn. Seeing as how he was like that when he first discovered video games. "I don't remember much on the different concepts of science, but I did always like the subject. I remember my teacher had said that science is basically everywhere. Well, that's what they said when it came to kites. Since the wind was able to help elevate and keep the kite afloat, while the rope acted as a force of sorts. Just so the kite didn't fly away." He explained, nodding in thanks to Trilby's remark. "Thanks, Trilby. I really appreciate your advice and opinion. Along with what everyone else had thought, as well. I'll do my best and I'll let you know how it all went." He would say, waving at the retreating stallion.

After finishing up his breakfast, Dynamo nodded at the mention of magic lessons. "Eeyup. I sure am ready for the lessons, but I guess the lessons can be different. Considering we should see what this belt is able to do. Maybe it has some connection to gaming magic." He would say, before hearing a clattering upon the floor. He gasped as it looked like Finn's meal, as well as other food had fallen upon said floor. Hearing Pencil's request, Dynamo quickly got up out of his seat. "I've got it." He says briefly, before going over to grab some napkins. Making his way back, he levitated some napkins over to Pencil. Keeping some for himself to help clean up. "Is everyone okay? What just happened?" He wondered, taking notice of the food that had been knocked over.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Toshigami Equine

“Thanks, Dynamo,” Pencil said.

She grasped the napkins Dynamo levitated to her with her own magic and began stomping them on top of the spill. They dampened quickly, but Dynamo brought enough to be able to cover those up, as well. She piled them on until they no longer absorbed anything. As she finished, she sighed with relief then took a moment to get back up. She noticed that Dynamo seemed concerned about the mess, so she offered a quick explanation.

“Finn spilled his breakfast over here, so I’m trying to help him clean it up,” she stated. She then turned to Finn, who was probably upset that all of his food went to waste. Sympathetically, she asked,

“Are you okay, Finn? Do you want me to get some more food for you?”

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare @Toshigami Equine

"You're welcome and it's no problem, Pencil." Dynamo says with a nod and smile. As he continued to clean up the mess, Dynamo looked over towards Pencil, who had explained what had happened. The blue unicorn could only tilt his head in slight confusion. "Oh, I'm sorry about that. I guess when I asked I was being a bit vague. I see now that Finn's breakfast was spilled, but it seemed like there were other spills. I thought I heard a loud clattering sound, but I guess that was probably my imagination. Sorry about the confusion." He would say, wiping up the rest of the mess, while Pencil had attended to Finn.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Toshigami Equine 

Chelsea noticed Pencil working to pick up Finn's meal. "You sure you got that Pencil? I could make things go much faster if you need to." She said. The water version of Pencil was still on Finn's little hoof. 

Thundy had gotten up. "Well, ready when you are Dynamo. Perhaps that belt could be an amplifier of some sort, like you said." He stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Pencil nodded in understanding as Dynamo made himself more clear. Now that she thought about it, he probably already realized whose mess it was he was cleaning up. As for the other various noises, Pencil couldn’t quite recall them. She most likely tuned them out since she couldn’t trace where they came from.

“I don’t remember any other noises. I must’ve been distracted by this one here,” she replied.

As she and Dynamo finished cleaning up, Chelsea offered her assistance as well. The mess had been almost completely cleaned by now, so there was not much else left to do. Turning to the griffon, she said,

“It’s okay, Chelsea, we’re done cleaning up here. Thanks, though,” 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Windy Breeze @Toshigami Equine @ExplosionMare

Tree Song and Nopony say goodbye to Trilby and Shadow, while the conversation with Finn continues. Suddenly Finn spills all his food on the floor. It seems like the colt did nothing to cause this, as if an external force did it. What's going on here? the druid thinks, while Tree helps others with cleaning the mess.

Then he hears loud noises from another part of the restaurant...

Edited by PawelS
other events not going as expected
  • Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @Windy Breeze, @ExplosionMare, @PawelS

What in the world?! Finn's hoof never even touched anything, yet all this stuff was spilling. "Huh?!" Thank goodness he ate most of this food all ready. All that was left was a chunk of burger, a few meager fries, and a drink. In fact, most of the mess was a drink. "Did I do that?" Finn asks himself, but it seems Pencil and everyone else was all ready assuming he did indeed do it. "I... I'm sorry." Finn lowers his head and ears, and hides behind Thundy, the one who treated him the nicest so far.

As for Trilby, it looked like he was going to run into that stallion after all!
But then something catches his eye, and Trilby stops dead in his tracks. "Excuse me, sir!" Trilby gets the stallion's attention. "I notice you are wearing a wide-brim fedora. A most marvelous piece indeed! But you are also wearing a t-shirt, and I must inform you as a hat connoisseur... Fedoras are formal wear, not casual. You should consider wearing a different hat with that shirt." Trilby offers, which makes the other stallion nod and walk off in a different direction so he can change hats.

Having cleared a path, Trilby opens the door for Shadow like a gentlecolt.

Edited by Toshigami Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Toshigami Equine @Dynamo Pad @PawelS @ExplosionMare

Thundy saw Finn hide behind him. He gently picked him up and held him close to comfort him. "Hey it's okay Finn. It's not your fault." He said stroking Finn's mane lovingly as he looked up at Dynamo. 

The water version of Pencil hopped off Finn and landed on Pencil. She climbed on the real Pencil's shoulder and sat there. 

• Brohoof 2

@Toshigami Equine @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @PawelS 

The incident also caught Shadow's attention, she wanted to help the foal but she had to attend Trilby's date. She stopped when a stallion carrying a tray inadvertently blocked their way, as he was cautiously walking to avoid the food from falling off, she giggled in amusement as Trilby spoke about the stallion's fedora and the latter talking along the lines of “Oh, is it? My bad. Guess I should change before looking more stupid to everypony” the stallion walks away allowing them to go the exit.

Watching the whole acene, Sundae mentally growled in frustration. Her plan failed and only result in the success of giving Finn a bad day, she looked on as Trilby and Shadow went to open the entrance door, holding back the temper to slam the door on their faces but that could arouse more suspicion. So, she decided to wait for another opportunity, hoping to ruin the 'chain' connecting Shadow from that Trilby brat.

Making a quick trip to the trash can to throw out the napkins, Dynamo returned to the group table as he nodded at Thundy. "I guess we'll find out when we get there. Any preference on where we should go?" He asks, turning his attention to the others in the group. "Do you guys want to go and hang out? I know Thundy and I are going to test out the belt, but maybe we can all still do something together." He says, nodding in understanding to Pencil's response. "That's okay and completely understandable. I thought I heard another clattering sort of noise, but I suppose that was just my imagination." He says with a shrug of his shoulders, before looking over to Finn and Thundy. He felt awful seeing Finn had looked so upset. "Hey. It's not your fault Finn. You didn't make the mess. I don't know what happened, but you didn't seem to have done anything wrong." He recalled, noticing that the young colt was marveling at his explorer's belt. "I hope everything will be okay. We're all here for you, little buddy." He says, while Trilby had talked to a stallion who was in his way. Once the situation was averted, Dynamo waved to Shadow, who had taken her leave alongside Trilby for their date.

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

Chelsea's ear twitched when she heard someone growl. She turned and saw a mare, and deduced that she may have caused Finn's meal to spill. "What are you growling for? No one did anything to you...unless it was you that did that to little Finn..." Chelsea said looking at the mare. 

Meanwhile Thundy was with Dynamo. His ear twitched when he heard Chelsea talk to someone. "Oh dear...looks like Chelsea may have found the pony responsible for spilling Finn's food. Seriously...some ponies are just mean." He said. 

• Brohoof 1

Tree Song reacts positively to Dynamo's offer. "I don't know much about this town yet, so I don't have any preference. I can go and hang out with you wherever you guys want to."

Nopony is still suspicious as to what happened to Finn, especially now when Dynamo confirmed that the colt didn't seem to have caused the accident, and mentioned hearing a clattering sound. The druid leaves his seat and approaches Finn's table. "Let me check something" he says and tries to focus his mind on finding traces of what happened here. He senses there was magic involved, and tries to track down the source of that magic.

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @Toshigami Equine @PawelS @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

Sundae's eyes widened in realization and horror, she did not realize she growled physically, she turned to Chelsea with a calm look, trying not to give him a sour look “I didn't do anything. What happened to the little colt reminded me of what happened to me three months earlier” she said, standing up, “I think I'm going to use the bathroom. A mare needs to relieve herself” she got up and quickly went to the bathroom, she did not shut the door and she vanished instead, leaving no trace of her being there.

Appearing in a room, she growled once again, before staring at a cabinet nearby, where a muffled cries of help can be heard, she just narrowly escape from the nameless lunatic. Now, she had to stop using magic for one hour so he could not track her down.

“rhlease mhh, pllllesee!”

Sundae glared at the cabinet “I demand silence!”

Edited by Windy Breeze

"It was her." Nopony confirms Chelsea's suspicions. "But I lost track of her, she must have teleported somewhere."

"Should we go to her house?" Tree Song asks, worried that something bad could have happened.

"Yes, I need to investigate this. But you don't have to go, you can stay with your friends if you like. So, does anyone know where Sundae's house is located?"

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS

Laying the unconscious mare on the bed, Sundae was ready to leave, having already fixed the damage which the room received during their midnight struggle. The perpetrator immediately left the house with her disguise still on just to say goodbye to one of the servants doing some chores down at the living room and at the kitchen.

@C. Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad@ExplosionMare, @PawelS

Finn perks up a little and hugs Thundy because of the affection. It looks like they all cleaned up the mess before he could do anything to it. Nopony was going to be leaving soon, and Dynamo posed a question. Thundy soon feels Finn squirm out his arms and climb on top of his head. He's small enough to perch there. He blinks a bit before raising a hoof. "Yes. Hang out! Hyper go-on~! Start your engines~! Vrrrroom, vrrrrooom~" Seems Finn has made himself part of the group now.

This should be a familiar sight to Dynamo. He knows what it's like to have an excited, energetic, younger companion by your side.

@Windy Breeze

As Trilby and Shadow walk out together, something comes to mind. "You know, I never did ask. Did you have anything else planned for today? I'm excited for our date, but if you had other plans or anything, I wouldn't want to make you change your plans just for me."

@Toshigami Equine

“No, I have nothing to take pictures or make a documentary, as long as nothing gets my attention” she said, referring to her job. Her expression changed when she remember what happened to Finn when they left “Did you see what happened to Finn's food? I did not see much of it other than his meal now on the floor”

• Brohoof 2

Dynamo blinked as he heard Thundy's remark. He was about to question what he had meant, but stopped as his ears twitched from the growl. "So, it looks like what I was mentioning before wasn't exactly incorrect. I thought I was just hearing things." He would say, before the mare who growled suddenly left for the restroom. However, it seemed to been an act in a chance to allow her to escape. "Wait. That was the one who caused the mess? I didn't expect her to escape so suddenly, but why? What was her motive to cause such a mess and/or any issues to begin with?" He wondered, while Nopony and Chelsea gave their responses on being unable to track Sundae. "Can everyone track magic, or do you have to have a good sense of magic? I always thought unicorns could, but I guess that's not the case. Being in that video game world, I've gotten a slightly better understanding of magic. I've still got a long ways to go, before I can say I'm competent enough." He would say, while Finn made himself a part of the group. Dynamo could only chuckle as it seemed that Finn was the same as Pastel. In terms of being energetic and excited as a companion. He smiled, before turning towards Tree Song and Nopony. "If you need to go with Nopony, then I understand. If you still want to hang out with us, then the offer is still available. We can explore the town so you can be more accustomed to the area. That, and it would be nice to get to know you. Since we briefly met in the video game world."

• Brohoof 2