Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

Pencil woke up groggily, her mane a frizzy mess. She could barely see in front of her face and nearly fell out of bed as a result. Stepping on the floor slowly, she went to the bathroom to fix her lion’s mane. She let out a large yawn before she stepped in the bathroom before picking up a brush and a comb with her magic.

As she struggled to tame her mane, Pencil brainstormed yet another set of sketches. She knew she could definitely draw some of the wilder creatures she created in the VR game, for starters. She figured the bosses would be interesting, but she would have to think hard about what their finer details looked like. If she couldn’t draw that, she could at least draw some of the worlds she was in.

After a good half hour of combing and styling, Pencil was moderately satisfied with her mane and was ready to begin her work. She walked back into the bedroom and took her collection of fine pens and pencils from a drawer. She strategically sketched each drawing she had in mind then filled the sketches in with her comic-book style markers. Even though this wasn’t as exciting as her magic marker art, she knew using the same medium multiple times would most likely bore her client. Besides, after taking a step back to admire her work, Pencil had to admit the comic book markers on their own looked pretty good.

She packed all of her materials and artwork up into a designated space once everything had dried. Pencil stretched after sitting the same position so long and breathed a sigh of relief that she could finally stand up. Now that work was done, she could head out to get some breakfast. She wasn’t sure exactly where to go, but perhaps someone would want to join her and make a recommendation. Pencil wasn’t sure how likely that was, but it would be fun if some pony did tag along.

Pencil hopped downstairs then used her keys to lock the front door behind her. She toyed with her mane one last time before she finally stepped outside.

@Toshigami Equine @Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Windy Breeze @PawelS

In Thundy's and Chelsea's room, the two griffons were cuddled together, sleeping soundly, soft purring coming from the two. As the sun rose, Thundy stirred lightly, moaning. Chelsea stirred as well, waking up. She transformed into a puddle of water and flowed into a room. She looked around trying to find somepony else. 

Meanwhile, Thundy was still sleeping. He was completely exhausted from all that happened the previous day. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash
  • Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Toshigami Equine @Windy Breeze

"That's fair as it's like I had said. The bars are usually used for either the game play or for rests." Dynamo explained, before nodding at the apology. "It's okay, but please let me and everyone else next time. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt in the off chance that the blades went flying out of nowhere. You didn't have to make a performance for Pencil and I. I'm honestly glad you were able to explain what the song and the red zone was all about." He would say, the credits for the DDR machine began to roll with "game over" text appearing. His ears perked as he heard Chelsea yawning, before looking around the arcade. It didn't help that he had let out a yawn, himself. "I concur. I'm not a fledgling, but I think the arcade tournament was pretty successful." He says, allowing everyone to finish up their games, before calling it an evening and closing up the shop.

DAY 7

As a new day had begun in Friendshire, Dynamo had woken up from the light of the sun shining through the window. He wanted to rest a little longer, but he soon sat up in realization. Today he had to go and meet up with Trilby and the others for their chat. He looked over to the Laronde Box that was sitting on his desk as it seemed stationary in it's appearance. Thankfully, it didn't seem like anything too eventful was going to happen. It must have a sort of pattern of one event one day, and no event the next. Feeling a slight chill in the room, he made sure to put on his jacket to keep warm. Since he was going to Trilby's, he might ask for a spare jacket or something warm to give to Pastel. Speaking of Pastel, he knew he had to leave before she woke up. He quickly wrote down a note with a pencil held in his magical grasp. Making sure that he was heading out early for plans, but would meet up with her later. Most likely the arcade, so they wouldn't try and get lost. Upon exiting his room and heading towards the front door, the blue unicorn placed the note on the front door. This way, Pastel could see so she wouldn't feel confused as to Dynamo's disappearance. Making sure he had the Laronde Box and belt in his possession and in his saddlebag, Dynamo left his home and out towards town. 

Upon entering town, Dynamo had wondered if Pencil was awake and heading towards Trilby's house. He recalled that her house wasn't too far away, but he wasn't too sure. Since he was on his way towards Trilby's home, he decided to make a slight detour towards Pencil's place. He hoped that the two would run into each other, so they could meet up with Trilby at the time he had mentioned to them. He also wondered if Shadow would be there as he knew her opinion would be helpful, as well. With his decision set in stone, the gaming unicorn continued on his way towards his destination.

@Dynamo Pad

As Shadow was walking on the street, her saddlebag on her side, she noticed Dynamo walking nearby. She might not known much of the pony except when he was a member of the group while they were stuck inside the bizzare video game yesterday, but a friend of her friend is also a friend of hers “Dynamo!” she ran and approached him “Good morning, Dynamo. I did not expect we would cross paths this early” there are only a few ponies going out and about outside, so that explains why she said the last part.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

Chelsea morphed back into her puddle form and flowed under the door and outside, there, she spotted Dynamo. She flowed over towards him, which could be heard, and morphed back into her regular form, her ears still down from tiredness. “M-morning Dyna...” She said. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze @C. Thunder Dash

As he continued to walk to Pencil's home, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard his name being called. He looked around to find the source of the voice, before seeing Shadow running over towards him. "Shadow!" He smiled, running over to meet her halfway. He didn't know much about her. Besides the fact that she was Trilby's marefriend. However, she seemed pretty nice, in his opinion. That, and they worked together when they were stuck in the gaming world. He considered Trilby as a friend, so he hoped that he could be Shadow's friend too. "Good morning, Shadow. You can say that again. I was on my way to see if Pencil was up because Trilby wanted us to see him. Granted, it was more of a request from me as I had something to ask of him. I didn't expect to run into anyone so early in the morning." It was true as upon looking around, he took note that there were only a few ponies outside. It must still be pretty early for anyone to set up shop.

The blue unicorn's ears perked once more as he heard the sound of running water. "Uh...Shadow? Are you hearing water running, or is that just me?" He asks, before seeing Chelsea appearing from the flowing puddle of water. He jumped a few inches back in surprise, before giving the female griffon a smile. "Oh, good morning, Chelsea. I didn't expect to see you so early, as well. How are you?" He asks, taking note of the expression of tiredness that overtook the griffon. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The blue unicorn's ears perked once more as he heard the sound of running water. "Uh...Shadow? Are you hearing water running, or is that just me?" He asks, before seeing Chelsea appearing from the flowing puddle of water. He jumped a few inches back in surprise, before giving the female griffon a smile. "Oh, good morning, Chelsea. I didn't expect to see you so early, as well. How are you?" He asks, taking note of the expression of tiredness that overtook the griffon. 

Shadow did not expect to see Chelsea too, but the face she makes was expected. Shadow stifled from laughing, knowing laughing at the griffons was the last thing you would do.

“G..Good morning, Chelsea?” she did not really know Chelsea, other than she had a griffon companion in the game whom she forgot “I did not expect to see you 'water-bending' in the real world”

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @Windy Breeze @C. Thunder Dash

Pencil spotted Dynamo, Shadow, and some weird moving puddle near her side of Friendshire. She trotted over quickly to greet every pony...and everypuddle. Pencil was momentarily confused about the puddle until she realized it was Chelsea. Actually, no, this just made things more confusing.

Aagh this kinda stuff is happening too early in the morning! Pencil mentally screamed as she bonked herself on the head to regain her senses.

Now that the puddle nonsense was out of her mind, she waited for an opportunity to greet everyone once there was a gap in conversation. She was glad everypony was out because being alone this early in the morning would be really boring. Plus, Pencil had a better chance of remembering to eat if she was with someone. When the conversation had finished, Pencil had stepped in.

“Hi guys, glad to see you all out so early, too! How’re you all doing?”

Edited by ExplosionMare
Took out a sentence

@ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze @C. Thunder Dash

Hearing Shadow's comment caused Dynamo's jaw to drop in both surprise and awe. "Wait a minute. You know about the whole water-bending. Along with the other elemental bendings. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about. I thought I was the only one who knew about that show growing up." He grinned, joining along with the infectious laughter. "I wonder if one could call a unicorn, who can use elemental magic as an elemental bender. I know I'm trying to work on elemental magic, or video game magic, but still. I guess that's a food for thought." He would say, before looking over towards Pencil, who made her way towards the forming group. "Hey, Pencil and good morning. I remember we had to see Trilby early in the morning. I was just on my way to see if you were up, but I guess seeing you face to face answers that question." He responded with a chuckle. "I'm a little tired, but I guess that goes with the curse of being a morning pony." He joked, before continuing. "Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. How are you?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

“I've seen her do it in the video game world" Shadow muttered to herself, quiet enough not to be heard by Dynamo and Chelsea. He was grinning and she did not want that grin to go to waste. She could probably won a Hoofen peace price for making the stallion smile.

Shadow heard a young voice behind them and looked to see Pencil.

“I'm also good as well, but I need to buy some hot stuff to take the wake up fatigue out of my body as well as for Tree Song. She's staying at my apartment for now”

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze

“Still pretty tired from yesterday...Thundy’s sleeping in. I may go wake him up later. He did say he’d help you, Dynamo, with more of that elemental wielding stuff. Anyway, what’s everyone’s plans for today? I heard you were going to talk to Trilby about something...” Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

“Oh yeah! Are you planning on heading over there now?” Pencil asked Dynamo when he mentioned going over to meet Trilby. Her mind blanked this morning so she was glad Dynamo reminded her about the meeting.

She was also reminded of her hunger when Dynamo said “food for thought”. Her stomach began to let out a small growl and Pencil put a hoof to it in an attempt to silence it. She blushed and looked around quickly to see if anyone had heard.

Why am I dumb enough not to eat before I go outside? she cursed to herself.

• Brohoof 1

"I can't blame you for saying that. After everything we went through in the gaming world? A day off sounds absolutely peaceful." He says, chuckling at the mention of Thundy being asleep. "With how he's able to control electricity, it's a wonder he's actually sleeping in. You'd think he'd be the type of griffon to be full of energy and/or be hyperactive." He joked, before nodding at the mention of elemental wielding. "I might take him up on that offer. I still have to figure out what this belt of mine is able to do." He says, levitating the Gamer Belt out of his saddlebag for the others to see. At the mention of plans, Dynamo placed a hoof upon his chin. "I'm...not too sure, to be honest. I know I have to go see Trilby for a moment. After that, I'm not entirely sure. I did mention that I do want to test what this belt is able to do. Since it seems the game allowed me to have this after we got the True Ending. Maybe we can all hang out and see what the day has for us." He says, gauging what everyone had plans for the day.

As he heard Pastel's question, Dynamo began to open his mouth to speak. He stopped, however, as he heard the sound of rumbling. It didn't seem like the earth was shaking, but the rumbling lead back to Pencil's stomach. "I was actually planning on making my way over to your house. I wanted to make sure you were up, so we could go see Trilby. Shadow saw me and we stopped to chat for a bit. I was going to ask Shadow if she wanted to go to Trilby's place. Since I wanted to ask her the question I wanted to ask your and Trilby. That, and I'm not entirely sure where Trilby lives." He says, giving the group a sheepish grin, while rubbing the back of his neck with his hoof. "If we need to, then maybe we can make a quick detour first to get some food and warm beverages. Since Shadow had brought up the mention of hot stuff to wake up. It's actually kind of chilly this morning."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Windy Breeze @ExplosionMare

Chelsea heard the rumble, before realizing it was Pencil’s stomach. “Good grief Pencil, is there a Lion in that belly of yours?” She teased. “If y’all are gonna eat, I minus well wake up Thundy. Gimme just a sec.” Chelsea said as she quickly morphed into her puddle form and went back to her sleeping quarters. “Thundy...wake up. Let’s have breakfast with Dynamo...” Chelsea said patting Thundy. Thundy didn’t move. Chelsea shook Thundy a little more. “Come on Thundy wake up...” Chelsea said. Thundy moaned and turned away. 

“Argh...guess you leave me with not other choice...” Chelsea said as she made an air horn appear from water. She pressed the button and...

*SQUAWK!!* 

Thundy leaped out of bed with a very loud squawk that could be heard all the way from outside. “Ugh! Dang it Chelsea!” Thundy said annoyed. “Well you didn’t wake up the first two times so I had to. Anyway, let’s meet up with Dynamo and Pencil for some breakfast.” Chelsea said. “Ugh, fine. But I gotta get more sleep later, but I did promise Dynamo I’d help him.” Thundy said. His dreadlocks were still pretty messy. He gathered some electricity and disappeared with a poof. Chelsea morphed back into her puddle form and flowed back to meet Dynamo and Pencil. Thundy reappeared with a poof in front of Dynamo and Chelsea still with a bit of sleep in his eyes. “Morning you two. Dynamo, ready for our magic lessons today?” Thundy asked. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash
  • Brohoof 1

That colt with no cutie mark is really wondering around town, avoiding other ponies but also amazed at the sights. For now, he is good at keeping his distance.

@Dynamo Pad, @ExplosionMare, @C. Thunder Dash, @Windy Breeze

Dynamo might not know where Trilby lives, but he could probably figure it out quickly if he wanted to. He has mentioned that he makes hats and clothing tons of times; and there's really not that many hat nor clothing stores in this town.

As the group chats, a shady looking pony in a suit and sunglasses approaches them. "Excuse me. I'm hear to make a delivery. Is one of you named..." He checks a slip of paper "Chelsea, by any chance?"

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @Windy Breeze

Pencil’s efforts to hide her hunger failed, but at least everyone else was thinking about food, too. Pencil smiled at the group as everyone discussed getting something to eat then having their discussion later. That sounded like a good idea since it would be hard to concentrate if her stomach were to get any louder.

As the group reached their consensus, Chelsea turned back into a puddle to go wake up Thundy. Pencil was still slightly weirded out by the transformation but this puddle was her friend, so she couldn’t be judgmental. Once Chelsea left, Pencil looked around idly while she waited for everyone to be ready to leave.

• Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine

Chelsea turned to the shady pony. "That's me. What is it you'd like?" Chelsea asked, turning to the pony. Thundy looked a little weary at the other pony. "Be careful Chelsea..." He said through telepathy. "You know I can defend myself." Chelsea replied through telepathy. 

• Brohoof 2

@Toshigami Equine

"Top secret business? But...I haven't even had breakfast yet..." Chelsea said following the pony. 

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze

"Well then...so will you guys have breakfast at Trilby's? I could fix some hashbrowns and biscuits while we're there." Thundy suggested. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

"This won't take long." He explains. Once they are far enough away from everyone else, the agent stops. "The mayor requests your presence at your soonest convenience." He pulls out a letter with her name on it. "Enclosed is a letter from the mayor, a key, and written instructions on how to find his office. Before I give this to you, I must ask... Can you be trusted to keep the location of his office and the nature of your visit a complete secret? The mayor can't have uninvited trespassers appearing at his office. His health is in critical condition and he's not capable of moving around too much. If he were to suddenly be raided by press, worried citizens, and any potential enemies, it would only put his life in danger. Secrecy is an absolute must, understood?" The agent says as he begins to give her the letter.

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare

Shadow gave them a sad smile “I want to, but I had some stuff to do, like buying some food for Tree” she wasn't going to abandon her task just because of being invited to visit her boyfriend “But I know where his shop is. My apartment is near his workshop"

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

"Enjoy your day, and your breakfast." The agent leaves. The letter does have a key and directions of the mayor's office. The letter is very official-looking, and just as well written. It's filled with bureaucratic filler-speech, but the main point of the letter is that the mayor is impressed by the powers that she and Thundy have. He'd like to have a discussion about her powers at his office. He asks her to come to his office today, whenever she has free time. Seems simple enough, right? But first, food time!

• Brohoof 2

@Toshigami Equine @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze

Chelsea quickly morphed into her puddle form, and flowed back to her sleeping quarters. She hid the letter in a small box with a lock and key, then went to join the others once more. "I'm back..." She said. 

• Brohoof 2

Dynamo was about to ask about the plan on waking up Thundy, but Chelsea soon disappeared before he could ask. He decided to wait patiently, before hearing the sound of what appeared to be a horn. He wasn't entirely sure, but he thought he had heard a noise of sorts. "Did anyone else hear that, or was that just me?" He looked to Shadow and Pencil, before the sound of sparking electricity could be heard. Dynamo felt his mane beginning to stand on end, before Thundy soon appeared with Chelsea, as well. "Morning, Thundy. I guess magic lessons will be on for today, but I know I want to see what this belt is able to do." Just as he was about to continue their discussion of plans, he stopped as a shady looking pony in a suit and sunglasses had appeared. He raised an eyebrow as this pony had approached them and was looking for Chelsea. He wasn't entirely sure why, but he hoped that they weren't in trouble for any sort of reason. He decided not to question anything as it wasn't his business, but he still was worried about what the suited pony wanted.

Once Chelsea was pulled off to the side by the suited pony, Dynamo glanced slightly over towards the male griffon. "We didn't actually plan on where we'd have breakfast. We could go see Trilby and ask if it's okay to make breakfast at his place. I wouldn't want to just barge in and demand breakfast or anything like that. Just doing that seems kind of rude, in my opinion." He would say, looking towards Shadow with an understanding smile and nod. "That's okay and completely understandable. We can always meet up later as it's still early in the morning. Thanks for letting us know, Shadow." He says, taking note of the mention of Trilyb's workshop. "Can you point us in the direction of where your apartment is? I know you said workshop and I recall he had stuff like hats and clothes at the arcade yesterday." He says, before hearing Chelsea's voice as she had returned to the group. "Welcome back, Chelsea. I hope everything is okay."

• Brohoof 1