Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

Shadow felt her fur and every hair of her mane and takel stood up as she heard a faint sound of sparkling electricity somewhere. As she look around, the sound becomes gradually louder and louder until it became uncomfortable for her. She was about to bolt away when Chelsea's companion appear. Thankfully for Dynamo, she is able to remember the male griffon's name is Thundy. She quickly become relaxed.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"We didn't actually plan on where we'd have breakfast. We could go see Trilby and ask if it's okay to make breakfast at his place. I wouldn't want to just barge in and demand breakfast or anything like that. Just doing that seems kind of rude, in my opinion." He would say, looking towards Shadow with an understanding smile and nod. "That's okay and completely understandable. We can always meet up later as it's still early in the morning. Thanks for letting us know, Shadow." He says, taking note of the mention of Trilyb's workshop. "Can you point us in the direction of where your apartment is? I know you said workshop and I recall he had stuff like hats and clothes at the arcade yesterday." He says, before hearing Chelsea's voice as she had returned to the group. "Welcome back, Chelsea. I hope everything is okay."

Shadow nodded “I'm glad to help. Follow me, I'll take you to him”

@Toshigami Equine (just in case)

After some turns, they arrived at Trilby's tailor... Or hat shop. The latter's house stood right next to his business, which is a great liability since he can open his shop very early than the others. Right behind the buildings is row of apartments standing proud in the background, which ruined the scenery Ihen it comes taking pictures of Trilby's hat shop.

“Here we are guys”

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Windy Breeze

Pencil felt a strangle tinge of electricity course through her mane which was rather unfortunate since she just spent all that time fixing it. As she worked on smoothing it down again, Thundy finally appeared to meet everyone. She happily waved at him as he made his way towards the group.

She was about to ask if everyone was ready before a strange hooded figured asked to borrow Chelsea for a moment. Pencil was skeptical as was Thundy as she was unsure if the figure was safe, but Chelsea went regardless. Thankfully, their meeting was brief and Chelsea was back within a few minutes.

The group started discussing breakfast again and Thundy suggested that everyone have breakfast at Trilby’s. Dynamo was hesitant at first because he didn’t want to intrude, but Pencil figured Trilby wouldn’t mind too much. If he did, though, everyone could just politely leave.

Shadow encouraged everyone to follow her since she knew exactly where Trilby’s was. Pencil followed eagerly, picking up her pace. She hoped her fast trotting didn’t leave anyone behind. If she was, she could always backtrack. Soon enough, everyone had arrived at the shop. It wasn’t very busy inside since it was open much earlier than everything else. It was perfect though considering this meeting was meant to be serious and private.

“Thanks for taking us in, Shadow,” she thanked Shadow. “Now, where do we go to get food?”

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze @Toshigami Equine

“I can treat us to some stuff after if you all are up for it.” Thundy stated as he stretched. Sparks crackled loudly, causing some of them to stray around the group. Thundy shapeshifted into his bipedal form again. Chelsea was in deep thought, but snapped back to reality when Thundy mentioned food. 

@ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze @Toshigami Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo looked over to Shadow, who looked to have begun to lead the group to where Trilby lives. "Are you sure it's okay to go to Trilby's? Directions to follow are good and all, but I didn't want to take you away from your current goal. I didn't want Tree Song to be worried about you." He says, but it seemed that Shadow was adamant in showing the group Trilby's hat shop. He soon followed in step with the group, while taking some twists and turns until the group found Trilby's shop. "Thank you so much for showing us the way, Shadow. I really appreciate the help." Dynamo responded, nodding in agreement with Pencil's remark. At the mention of food, Dynamo had become curious of the subject. It didn't help that his stomach began to growl, as well. His ears fell slightly as he blushed with a sheepish grin. "Are there any shops that have any sort of food that you all have preferences in? I'm not a picky eater, but I guess it depends on what I'm in the mood for. I'm pretty much open to have anything for breakfast." He says, before looking over to the male griffon. Whom had just turned back into his bipedal form. "What did you have in mind, Thundy? Also, did you mean after the discussion I was going to have with Trilby, Pencil and Shadow? I think you were saying something about making some food at Trilby's place, or something along those lines, right?" He asks, trying to recall the earlier conversation. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze

"Well, as I said, biscuits and hash browns. I could even do some OG buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup just like the ones I get back on my original home planet." Thundy said. "Trust me, Thundy's buttermilk pancakes are the best." Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

“Mm, pancakes! Sounds go-wait, did you say planet? W-what, uh, planet are you from?” Pencil squealed before she stopped mid-sentence to ask a question.

She figured Chelsea and Thundy lived very far away from her hometown, but she never imagined them occupying another planet! Perhaps, she thought, this would explain the countless magical abilities the two griffons have. Pencil was eager to learn more about their home planet if they were willing to give facts but for now, she also wouldn’t mind just thinking about food. The more everyone mentioned it, the hungrier she was getting.

@ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze @C. Thunder Dash

"I'm all for hash browns, but I can't deny pancakes either. French toast is one thing I like, but nothing beats pancakes." He explained, before a thought soon occurred to the blue unicorn. "If pancakes are an option, then how will they be made? I mean, we need ingredients and a place to make them, right?" He asks, before turning his attention over towards Pencil, who seemed to have been confused. "You weren't with us when I was with Thundy after he and Chelsea had arrived at Sam's house, right?" He asks, before continuing. "Apparently, Thundy is not from around Equestria. More along the lines of a place called earth with creatures called humans. From what he said, it's basically like Equestria, but sort of different."

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare

Shadow lifted an eyebrow at the names of one of the food Dynamo mentioned French Fries? Did he meant Hayfries? She looked at Thundy with curiosity, wondering where did he get the word French. That same curiosity spike up to it's maximum level when Dynamo said that the griffon was from another world with creatures called humans. Her mouth itched to ask a question and finally, the dam broke.

“Um, what's a human?” she asked “And what do you mean he's from another workd?”

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @Windy Breeze @Dynamo Pad

Pencil nodded at Dynamo’s explanation but was still confused by what he meant exactly. There was a planet out there called “earth” with “humans”? Were those the “aliens” ponies liked to theorize about? Pencil certainly hoped not. Her curiosity was peaked and she was about to dive all into a detailed discussion as Thundy began telling of his and Chelsea’s origin story. However, he decided to change his mind and wait til after breakfast. Pencil didn’t blame him.

“That’s fine, I can wait a little while. Everyone’s getting really hungry, anyways, so we might as well get some food as soon as we can,” Pencil responded to Thundy. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

The confused unicorn colt with no cutie mark wonders around the town. "Maybe I'm here for a reason? I just don't--" He then bumps into Kronos, literally. Shaking it off, he looks up at the taller pony. First, his jaw is dropped and his eyes are wide, then he gives a shining smile. "They have robots here?! What a crazy time to be alive! Excuse me. Can you understand me, Mr. Robot? Beep boop beep?" The little kid asks, adding in robotic movements with that last question.

@Windy Breeze, @Dynamo Pad, @C. Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare

At the time, Trilby was in the flow! He had all ready made 30 new outfits and were putting them on dummies. In fact, he was dancing and grooving to the music in his head while raps out loud. "Well you're walkin' and a talkin', and a movin' and a groovin', and a hippin' and a hoppin', and a pickin' and a boppin'. Those bods are in the groove. You better make a move. You gonna wake up that thing in your hoof! You're looking all around. There is trouble to be found. Make sure when you find it you get to say it loud! Gotta code three, need back up. Bring me my bright pink fluro jacket~!" Just as he starts moving his flank and bouncing around, he doesn't even hear the door to his clothing shop open. "She's thick and she don't run too fast~ Well you're walkin' and a talkin'! But she's faster than me~ My walkie talkie mare! Last night at the show we saw her~ Well you're walkin' and a talkin'! Going out of her--EEEEE!!!"" Trilby gives loud shriek and stops everything he is doing the instant he turns around and sees there are others in his shop. Oh, the embarrassment. He's practically sweating bullets.

"I, uh, I wasn't-- I just-- How long have you-- Did hear all off--" Trilby stops his panicking because it's making him stutter. He closes his eyes, stands straight, dusts himself off, and collects himself with a quick, deep breath. Then he opens his eyes and smiles. "Welcome to Trilby's Hats and Clothing! How may I help you today?" Trilby asks, starting over. Maybe if he pretends that didn't happen, they won't bring it up.

Edited by Toshigami Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze @Dynamo Pad

"Yep...we did..." Chelsea said with a blush swishing her tail. Chelsea was kinda thick herself anyway. Thundy was laughing at Trilby's reaction. "Ay...it happens to the best of us Trilby, you're not the only one who's gone through it..." Thundy said with a chuckle. 

• Brohoof 3

@Toshigami Equine

Kronos looked down upon the little colt. No cutie mark was apparent, so probably really young. Then the colt started doing robot impressions at him. He lightly chuckled at himself as the little colt started dancing like a robot. He decided to humor him for a while. 

“GREETINGS, I AM FRIENDSHIRE SECURITY UNIT KXK-1X4/1. STATE YOUR INTENTIONS.” he boomed in a robotic voice  

What an adorable young lad.

Looks like lots of tender meat to eat. 

Krux, control yourself. Those words could easily be misinterpreted. 

Luckily, no one can hear us. 

He then laughed and sheathed down his face covering, revealing to the young colt a mostly organic face with the only robotic thing being his left eye section of his head. He sat down to be at eye level with the little colt. “Hahaha, I'm messing with you. Im technically a cyborg, so you were half right there, kid. So, what brings you to Friendshire?”

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 1

Dynamo gave a slight chuckle as he was glad that he wasn't the only one confused on the subject. "Even to this day, I'm still confused on the whole subject. That's basically what Thundy had told me a few days ago, before Samurai had to leave town." He would say, before giving the male griffon a thankful look. "I'm on board with the explanation after breakfast. Trust me, it's a long and confusing story. Although, I think it's better if you explained it all, Thundy. I believe your story and all, but I still can't wrap my mind around it." He explained, while Shadow approached the front door and knocked. All the while, waiting to see if Trilby would respond. 

It seemed that the door to his shop was opened upon the knocking of said door. "Should we head inside?" He asks the group, before seeing Thundy and Chelsea went inside. Peeking into the open door, Dynamo took a moment, before heading in himself. "Pardon the intrusion." He muttered softly, but it was loud enough for the group to hear. As he walked inside, he was greeted by Trilby, who seemed to have been singing. His jaw dropped in awe as he didn't expect to see this from the stallion. He held back a chuckle as the stallion seemed to be in the zone. Just as he hit the shriek, Dynamo watched as the stallion turned around. Almost as if he had been caught red hoofed in performing a crime. "Uh...would it help if we said we didn't see all of that? We heard the singing after Shadow had knocked on the door. Nice high note you pulled off. Also, g-good morning, Trilby. S-Sorry for the intrusion." He gave a sheepish grin, while hoping he and the other's weren't in trouble. 

• Brohoof 2

@Toshigami Equine

Upon entry to the shop, a very loud and energetic song could be heard. Pencil couldn’t recognize the singer at first because it wasn’t any pony she remembered on the radio. As she stepped closer to the source of the noise, she realized why the singer was so unfamiliar. It was Trilby! He was performing quite an enthusiastic dance number as he was dressing all of his mannequins. Pencil wished she had the courage to sing in such a way when it wasn’t for a contest.

Trilby literally screeched to a halt when he discovered he was being watched. He begged everypony to ignore him, but it was too late. Most everyone offered their apologies, but Pencil didn’t see the need for that. Instead, she offered up a small round of applause for his singing. She hoped this would take away at least a little of his embarrassment.

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

Hearing him respond as a robot makes the powder blue colt smile with glee and bounce around in circles. You'd swear it was heartswarming for him.
But eventually, Kronos reveals his true identity. "Oh. A cyyyyborg? Like, half a robot? I guess that's cool too." He says, making peace with it. "Doing here? Well... Oh, I'm sorry, mister. Is KXK you're real name? My mother taught me to never talk to strangers." He explains.

@C. Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @Windy Breeze, @ExplosionMare

Trilby waves off an compliments. "Thanks, but there's no need to compliment me. I know my high notes are sour." Though he hangs he head a little, he is glad that Dynamo was willing to feign ignorance about catching him in the middle of rapping and dancing. With a turn of the head and a hoof-covered cough to clear his throat, he faces everyone again. "So, like I said, what can I do for you all?"

• Brohoof 2

Dynamo waited with baited breath as he wondered what was going through Trilby's mind. He was brought out of his state of worry as Pencil and given the stallion an applause for the dance and singing. If he had the opportunity, then he would have done the same thing. The blue unicorn himself hadn't done any singing or dancing since the first karaoke event. Being able to dance and sing in front of an audience was definitely nerve wracking, at first. However, it seemed Trilby didn't have a care in the world, as well as enjoying himself. Upon hearing Trilby's remark, Dynamo could only sigh in relief. "Oh, that's right." Dynamo would say as Trilby had asked of why the group was here. "I remember that you wanted Pencil and I to see you early for a discussion. That, and we were all feeling a little hungry for breakfast. Thundy had offered to make some food, but he said something about using your kitchen to make breakfast?" He asks, shrugging his shoulders as he was still a little lost on what the plan was. "I think it would be better if Thundy had explained his plan to you." He motioned to the male griffon, while allowing him to follow up on the conversation.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze @Toshigami Equine

"Well, was going to fix some of my delicious buttermilk pancakes along with some biscuits and hashbrowns. You seriously have to try my buttermilk pancakes. They're made just like the ones from my original home planet. I'll save that story for a little later, like I promised." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Toshigami Equine

Kronos looked at the young colt and replied, "Your mother is wise to grant you that advice. That being the case, KXK is merely my initials. My full name is Prince Kronos Xavier Krystiallton, Artificer of War of Ragnarok. As you can see by my robotic parts, you can see where my title of 'Artificer of War' originates. Just call me Kronos. Everyone does." He then recalls Trilby's recollections, "Well, most everyone does."

• Brohoof 1

@Kronos the Revenant

The little colt's wonder is quickly restored. "You're a prince?! So cool~!" He backs up a little and bows. "Prince Krystiallton, m'lord." He says before resuming his normal standing posture. "I can't wait to grow up! Robotic royalty is totally the future!"

@Dynamo Pad, @ExplosionMare, @Windy Breeze, @C. Thunder Dash

"...Oh, right! The conversation. ...And breakfast?" Well, that was new. He's had customers come in for jewelry, wrist watches, sunglasses, and even purses; but food was a new one for Trilby. He tilts his hat back and scratches his head. "Well, this is just my shop. I don't have a kitchen in here. But my house is just next door. I have a kitchen, but I don't exactly have enough food to feed a crowd. It's been a long time since I've ever had a large group of ponies or creatures over at my house all at once. I guess I could run by the grocery store, get some more ingredients for all of us, or I could just treat us to McDaffodil's. They aren't far from here." Trilby offers. To Thundy and Chelsea, it's this world's version of McDonald's, most likely.

@Toshigami Equine @Dynamo Pad @Windy Breeze @ExplosionMare

“As they say back in my home planet, homage is the best...” Thundy stated. “Yep, there are even exclusive restaurants that have pancakes as their primary dish according to Thundy.” Chelsea added.  

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze @Toshigami Equine @PawelS @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo nodded as Thundy had given his explanation. "So, as you can see. That was the plan, so we were wondering what you thought, Trilby. Where do we go from here?" He asks, before turning to the male griffon, who had made his promise. "I'll hold you to that promise. Since it seems like everyone needs to know on what's going on." He would say, looking over to Shadow, who had mentioned Tree Song. "I think that's a good idea. It would be cool to get to know Tree Song a little more. Considering we had only met her recently when we were in the game. So much had been going on, that there wasn't a time to chat. I do recall her mentioning her teacher, who was on the outskirts of town. During the whole dome of bright light that was going on during the game."

Hearing Trilby mentioning breakfast had caused Dynamo to give the stallion an apologetic look. "Sorry if we were springing that on you out of nowhere, Trilby. It's still early in the morning and around the time for breakfast. When Thundy had mentioned it, we thought it was best to ask you to see what you thought." He says, his jaw dropping in surprise at the mention of McDaffodil's. "I haven't been to McDaffodil's in quite a long time. Although, it honestly doesn't matter to me as either option sounds good."

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @Toshigami Equine @Windy Breeze

Though Pencil was not a huge fan of McDaffodil’s, going there was better than not eating breakfast at all. As great as Thundy’s breakfast sounded, she knew it would be impossible to cook it since Trilby’s kitchen was apparently imaginary. She supposed there would always be another time for the “earth” meal.

“We can go to McDaffodil’s if you guys want. Whatever works best,” she told the group.

Pencil held her stomach as it had growled so much during the conversation that it was beginning to hurt. It was sort of like that strange feeling when someone has cried so much that they ran out of tears. Pencil felt a bit awkward as she could no longer tell if she was hungry. She felt as if her earlier hunger was a lie even if that was not the case. Hopefully, once she started smelling some food, her senses would go back to normal.

Edited by ExplosionMare
Forgot to add tags
  • Brohoof 1