Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Are diet drinks better?

Muffinnz

Diet drinks are meant to reduce calories but contain artificial ingredients to make them taste sweet.

Are they really any healthier? Do they help weight loss? Do you drink any regularly?

Examples:

1. iced tea vs diet iced tea

2. lemonade vs diet lemonade

3. coke vs diet coke

etc.

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 3

They really aren’t. For one thing the majority of them don’t taste anywhere near as good as the original. Diet Coke for example. 

Secondly, aspartame. One of the worst things you could possibly put into your body. 

• Brohoof 4

For your teeth? No. The carbon dioxide gas and acids corrode your teeth and make them weaker.

For diabetics? No. They still contain sugar alcohols.

For tea or lemonade, they can be tastier.

Especially toothpaste, will be much tastier! (though, don't eat!)

Edited by Super Splashee
Blah
  • Brohoof 1

everyone I know that drinks the artificial sweeteners are very unhealthy. from the studies I have read they are bad for you and can still cause you to put on weight

• Brohoof 1

"Diet" drinks have sweeteners in them that are carcinogenic and taste much sweeter than their regular counterparts. They make you crave more sugar and do don't too many favors if you're watching your weight. I avoid them.

Edited by Yoshi89

I'd say just skip the drinks with artificial sweeteners and get yourself used to unsweetened. It took me a while (it's so bitter at first, but you get used to it!), but I got used to drinking unsweetened sparkling water and haven't missed sugary drinks since I got used to them.

• Brohoof 2

They are not it is just marketing haha. People are willing to pay more for healthy food so guess what? We have you pay more for it. Your body is a temple, you've worked countless hours on yourself then you drink something that has chemicals you don't even know what look like at least I know what sugar looks like haha. It is both unhealthy, skip the drinks entirely drink water you'll not only see yourself becoming a lot more sexier you'll feel a lot more sexier too. What are the side effects of too much sugar, oh yeah it literally clogs your arteries and increases risk of a heart attack what about aspartame oh you know cancer... Know what the side effects of water is though? Your kidneys will thank you for it, your urinary system will thank you for it, your skin will look amazing it reduces water retention meaning you'll be less puffy, less bloated and your metabolism will go up as you'll burn more fat. I'm telling you, your body will thank you for it.

• Brohoof 1

I've never believed in diet drinks being better for your health. Soda in general is just not very good for you and the only diet soda I've genuinely found enjoyable in recent years is Diet Mountain Dew. 

• Brohoof 1

Why even think about those kinds of drinks if you're concerned about health? If you wanna be healthy, drink water. Or if you really want a good substitute for poisonous soda there is root beer made with all natural ingredients, sweetened with fruit and everything. I've had it and it tastes exactly like normal root beer.

Edited by BlankFlank777
  • Brohoof 1

The jury is out on this one. Scientific research suggests that diet drinks may actually be worse for you than regular. This is due to the fact that people will usually consume a significant portion more under the belief that they are "good for oneself", when in actuality diet soda was invented so diabetics could drink soda.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, justNatsuki said:

Gru no meme" Photographic Print by Goath | Redbubble

‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫ ‫

You are going to bring me nightmares! (There is a cursed image thread somewhere, you should visit it).

Diet drinks have one cool thing about them... Their logos. Usually a little bit inverted from the original logo, and a lot of buzz words to get you to think it has no sugar or fat whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

Sweetners in a lot of diet drinks can be a migrane trigger - which is why is a shame that coke life (that used stevia extract) disappeared.

I do enjoy the Tesco coke zero knockoff (Xero - sitting here with a bottle of the cherry cola right now)

They are compromised products. They are for people who make compromises. Do they taste better? no. Are they healthier? better drink water. They are not better in any way by any means, just optimized to certain needs and certain groups of people.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I don't touch the diet stuff. I prefer the taste of the regular default stuff. :P

There is a secret joy to enjoy anything. One day you will lock yourself in a room full of Coca-Cola Zero, and hope that no one will find out :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Super Splashee said:

There is a secret joy to enjoy anything. One day you will lock yourself in a room full of Coca-Cola Zero, and hope that no one will find out :ButtercupLaugh:

I tried the zero stuff before and my first instinct was to dump a bag of sugar in it. :nom:

2 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I tried the zero stuff before and my first instinct was to dump a bag of sugar in it. :nom:

Switched to it to have something cold to drink during the summer - went with Dr Pepper a few summers back and it took me forever to shift the weight I gained....

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Coca-Cola Zero has has sucralose (if you are lucky, and it isn't banned where you live). Drink a little bit of it, and you will find that you can get away with it.... no sugar, just the sucralose. And eventually, it will consume you. The perfect Coca-Cola philosophy: Get you addicted, no matter what.

3 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Coca-Cola Zero has has sucralose (if you are lucky, and it isn't banned where you live). Drink a little bit of it, and you will find that you can get away with it.... no sugar, just the sucralose. And eventually, it will consume you. The perfect Coca-Cola philosophy: Get you addicted, no matter what.

Or I could be a boring cow and just stick with the regular stuff. :nom:

• Brohoof 1