health How Do You Cope With Anxiety?

EpicEnergy

Depends on the severity. If I am having a near anxiety attack, deep breathing and focusing on any kind of white noise can help. As for everyday anxiety, I tend to listen to music, have a snack while watching some videos or, as I have mentioned in other threads, rock back and forth though that is more sub conscious than anything, I do that most of the time as is. I think that is a stim for me. I have different stims that can chill me out.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

Depends on what kind of anxiety I have. If it is in my head, or in my body. I can deal with anything in my head. But when the body starts acting up, it is more difficult. Anxiety has a way of expressing itself in new ways, and dealing with completely new things are very difficult. However, knowing that you have anxiety helps, as you can tell yourself there is a very likely chance it is just your anxiety trying to get to you, rather than something very remotely likely.

I was diagnosed with panic disorder 5 years ago. This was when I was in high school. The anxiety I had was so severe that I refused to attend for days and even weeks at times. It was also so bad that my psychiatrist at the time worked with my school to work out a plan to help me deal with my anxiety better. If I was having a panic attack in class, I was allowed to step out for 10-15 minutes. I have been on anti anxiety medications ever since then as well but it took a very long time to find one that truly worked for me. I am now on one along with other medications for other mental disorders and combined, they work well.

As far as dealing with anxiety in the moment, I try to step away from the current situation if possible. I can also take a short-acting anti anxiety medication if I need to.