Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Last of Us sucks

Sparkleberry

(edited)

Dont get why people like those games. You play as a dried up dad.

Being a parent is not a hard job. A better game. Play Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Go to Chao Garden, feed the kid. Leave. Problem solved. Not hard.

Edited by Sparkleberry
  • Brohoof 2

I haven't played the first one, but I have been watching the controversy surrounding the fiasco with the leaks of the sequel and Naughty Dog and Sony copyright striking everything with my Keemstar popcorn. :umad:

• Brohoof 1

Why do I feel like the OP is bashing on a game they haven't even seemed to have played?

I myself haven't played the game, but I already can say with just what I've seen that that is absurdly inaccurate. Sounds like you're describing Heavy Rain if there were no Origami.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yes because a Sonic game is the right game to compare it to

Spoiler

I like playing as old dads

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

I bought a PS3 at the the end of last gen to play this and some of the other PS3 exclusives. Having played the game, I think it was one of the most overrated games I have ever played. When the box has 10 out of 10 ratings from all these gaming publications, it tends to raise my expectations for the game. In my opinion, I don’t think it lived up to the hype. However, I am probably in the minority here. I just didn’t connect with the story of Joel and Ellie the way other people seem to.

I liked The Last of Us, it may not be my favorite game ever, but it was enjoyable enough. I can understand if you don't like it, but bashing other people for liking it is a little too far. Then, there's the fact you compared it to a Sonic game, which is a completely different genre aimed at a completely different audience.

It is obvious that you haven't played the game, as you don't go into any detail as to why you dislike the game. Why don't you like it? The gameplay? The story? Or is it because it is the popular thing to hate on The Last of Us? Joel isn't Ellie's dad, hell, through most of the game, he didn't even like her. He didn't care about her, couldn't care less if she died once he got her to the drop-off point.

If you really are going to post a topic like this, at least have some sort of background knowledge of the game, don't just say "it sucks" because other people do and it's the "cool" thing to do. That's how you lose your freedom to think for your own. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, this is rather haphazard, a alleging a game is bad with a feeble reason at best. I’m considering not buying the second one as it has the recipe and of a mediocre sequel everywhere, but that’s another story 

I haven't played the The Last of Us, but I have played a lot of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. It's not really a fair case to compare them, since they're both completely different games. It's perfectly fine if you have no interest in it, but keep in mind that the game had a different effect and meaning to other people.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/8/2020 at 10:47 PM, Dustlicious said:

Why do I feel like the OP is bashing on a game they haven't even seemed to have played?

I myself haven't played the game, but I already can say with just what I've seen that that is absurdly inaccurate. Sounds like you're describing Heavy Rain if there were no Origami.

Heavy Rain is good because it is a game. Basically its trying to figure out clues, puzzles and get to the next stage. And atleast the father in that game has a really really good reason to why he looks like an alcoholic. So its atleast well made that way

On 5/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, Sparkleberry said:

Heavy Rain is good because it is a game. Basically its trying to figure out clues, puzzles and get to the next stage. And atleast the father in that game has a really really good reason to why he looks like an alcoholic. So its atleast well made that way

I hope I don't sound like I am picking on you here, but The Last of Us also has puzzles and enemies to fight in order to move on to the next section of the game. Also, what better reason do you need to be an alcoholic then to have had your daughter die in your arms? In my opinion, this is the saddest scene in the entire game.

8 minutes ago, joanro said:

I hope I don't sound like I am picking on you here, but The Last of Us also has puzzles and enemies to fight in order to move on to the next section of the game. Also, what better reason do you need to be an alcoholic then to have had your daughter die in your arms? In my opinion, this is the saddest scene in the entire game.

But he looks like an alcoholic even before it happend

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak about the gameplay, because I don't own a PS3 and I watched a Let's Play, but I personally loved the portrayal of Joel and Ellie. Whether or not the premise makes sense, I really don't care all that much, because I feel the characters can and do carry the story. The way their bond grows over the course of the story really sold them on me.

I played the game when it first came out and a couple times since. I certainly wouldn’t say it sucks but it’s definitely overrated. There are some good parts in the story (even if the ending is stupid) but the gameplay it’s just a fairly typical stealth/third person shooter game.

I think everything in this game has been done as good or better elsewhere.