music The Beach Boys vs. The Beatles?

Splashee

Who's the better?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Who's the better?

• The Beach Boys
    • The Beatles

To give an example, I'll put two songs here. The history and rivalry between the two bands are public knowledge. They are the Sega vs. Nintendo before video games even existed. USA vs. Britain. If you have to choose one, make it a good one!

The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice:

The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love:

Spoiler

P.S. They are really good. Give them both a chance ;)

• Brohoof 3

I own 200 The Beatles songs on my iTunes (some of them are repeats, but still). For The Beach Boys I own only 6, and one of those songs I only have because it came with a CD from a popular music history class I took. So... There is that. But that's not fair. It doesn't mean that I don't like The Beach Boys, it just means I haven't really explored their albums like I have The Beatles. My favorite song from The Beach Boys at this moment is probably Caroline, No.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, ggg-2 said:

Wait, these bands had a rivalry? Why am i just now finding out about this?

Watch a few documentaries about The Beach Boys on Youtube, and you will be amazed. Especially on the main guy in the Beach Boys, the music genius Brian Wilson. It is also a movie about him somewhere that is really powerful emotionally.

17 minutes ago, Envy said:

But that's not fair

I know. I kinda feel the same way about Sega vs. Nintendo topics, but we cannot ignore how people must compete against each other, and choose sides. This is a classic case that can help open up eyes, and maybe you can find and enjoy both, even if you still prefer one side over the other :kindness:

(edited)

The Beatles are great and history shows that they've clearly won. Though I know more of their songs, I prefer the few I know from the Beach Boys.

I think listening to them during my daycare years and during the summer have played a role, along with the similarity of SpongeBob ' Ripped My Pants.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1

This is such a hard one for me to answer!!! I prefer the individual music of the Beach boys but I can really appreciate the impact The Beatles had on the music industry.... 

I guess I'll pick The Beatles because I live right by Liverpool so I can't move for Beatles fans, they might hurt me if I vote otherwise XD 

(edited)

I am going to have to say the Beatles. But this by no means I don’t LOVE The Beach Boys. I love their music too and they are incredible. As I understand they and the Beatles were rivals. One would top the billboards, then the other would replace them, at least for a time.

Out of nowhere Louis Armstrong would release something and knock both of them out of the running like they were amateurs!

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 5

Not exactly rivals. They were inspired by each other in such a way that it became a competition. The problem is the fans of both groups, always taking the fights too far, It reminded me so much of the Sega vs. Nintendo case, and I see a lot of the same thing here.

The Beatles might win this poll because they are the most known, kinda like Nintendo.
But don't count The Beach Boys out, kinda like Sega.

• Brohoof 1

I adore both so I'm not going to say one is "better" than the other. I'm just glad when other people listen to the beach boys, they're painfully, painfully underrated compared to the beatles. And anything off pet sounds or smile is as good as anything the beatles ever did.

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...

I've never really listened to the Beach Boys apart from the linked song, so The Beatles personally.

I like their music more, and we're also from the same place. 

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I'm not going to vote in the poll because I like them both equally. I don't want to choose. :sealed:
[Plays "Why Can't We Be Friends?" by War]

Honestly, even if I HAD to make a choice, I'm not sure it would be very fair. :ooh:
I am only familiar with the Beach Boy's best hits, and maybe one lesser known song from their discography. Therefore, I only associate the Beach Boys with the surfer rock music that made them famous. Still some banger hits that are absolutely timeless, but that's my only association with them and their music.
I became a Beatles fan when I was in Middle School. My best friend (at the time) and I tried to collect and listen to ALL of their music. I am way more familiar with their discography, so I am naturally biased towards them. To me, they're a rock band that ultimately weren't afraid to experiment and try different styles, and that makes them easier to get into.

So yeah, not very fair of me to try and make a judgement. And since it was brought up... Yes. I had a Nintendo and a Sega Genesis when I was a kid. Grew up with both. B) #Both. Everyone wins.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...