Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Lost Interest In My Little Pony?

EpicEnergy

(edited)

I'd rather say it is the other way around: MLP lost interest in me :q (since Hasbro is no longer interested in continuing the show and making more episodes for me to watch and enjoy). So what can I do about it? :q

But I still enjoyed the show to its very end, and keep enjoying it when watching new people reacting to it when watching it for the first time ;) (That's one of the reasons I watch reactions: it allows me to relive that experience again, this time with someone else.)

Also I'm secretly working on my own fan-made video game with ponies, so I can't say I lost my interest ;) Or thinking on stories / fan fictions with ponies as characters (they're not fleshed out enough yet to share them, though, and it might even be that I'll never share them, since the show is over and "the moment has passed" anyway :q ).

I'm looking forward what G5 will bring, but judging by what they're doing with "Pony Life" recently, and the direction Hasbro is heading at, I'm not holding my breath :q  The time will tell...

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

No, definitely not. I'm not rewatching the episodes every day, meaning I'm not overdoing it. But I'm watching them whenever I feel like it or when I'm sad. MLP is the best cure. :mlp_yeehaa:

I also wouldn't say I'm a MLP fan as whole. I didn't watch the first 3 generations and I'm not interested in Pony Life. I'm basically only a fan of generation 4, the 9 seasons, the movie(s), some specials and the characters in those. It's completed, I liked it and they can't disappoint me anymore. :)

Becoming a fan of generation 5 is a possibility, yes. It only depends on what Hasbro does with it and what kind of feel the new show will have.

I know I'm still a pretty young (not long) fan, but it's my biggest joy in life. I don't think I will ever stop being a fan or collecting merchandise.

• Brohoof 1

Nope! I'm still just as into it as I was when I first got into the show several years ago! While I think that it is sad that FIM came to an end and Pony Life in my opinion is just a steaming pile of trash, this doesn't affect my overall enjoyment within the fandom or when I'm re-watching episodes of the FIM series. In fact, I'll be participating in Trotcon Online this upcoming weekend because the actual irl Trotcon got canceled this year because of you-know-what. I'm actually going to get to have a video chat with the VA of Ocellus and get her autograph mailed to me along with some other official Trotcon merch that I bought! I'm also going to meet up for the first time ever with another member of these forums, @Sliding Bolt on Wednesday at the mall! I'm so excited! :D     

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Nope! I haven't lost interest in MLP:FiM. Even if i don't watch it everyday because i am a bit busy sometimes, when i got free time l am still watching it. ;)

Edited by Midnight Danny
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

In a way I haven't. But I don't even know anymore because certain persons say I'm not allowed to have fun with it.

Edited by PCutter
  • Brohoof 1

I lost interest around year 2014. I found FNAF, Undertale and Steven Universe to be more interesting and fun at that time. I got back to FIM in 2017 because of the special Forgotten Friendship, and I haven't been disappointed yet, however Pony Life is starting to show a lack of interest

I lost interest on the fandom, not the show.

With the wave of trend followers, the flood of furries and the persecution performed against veterans the fandom seemed like a place overtaken by aliens. It was not home anymore. Then shit happened and by 2014 and 2015 I isolated myself from the fandom and layed down for a while.

By 2017 I met that one musician and became active on the fandom again. Is not the show the problem for me, but the fandom. Is not as magical as it once was.

• Brohoof 1