Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Good deeds

Dreambiscuit

Let’s talk about good deeds. Have you done any lately or have you done something (at any point in time) that helped or made a difference in somebody’s life? Has someone done a good deed for you? When someone does something good for you do you try to pay it forward?

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, TheRockARooster🐔 said:

Well, I try my best to be there for my special friends like you, Dreamy.

I really hope I’ve done the best I can for y’all.

You sure have! It wouldn't be the same without good friends like you. :twi:

Well I always try to help people out when possible. Sometimes though you have to realize you can't and all you can do is lend them an ear and listen.

Most recent may have been buying a commission for a friend but it was more of a deal though. Yet I mean I pay to charity monthly and on regular. That and I just help anyone out when I can that is.

• Brohoof 2

I pay for the person behind me in the drive through on the occasion, and when I go to the arcade in the mall I play the ticket games, easily win hundreds of tickets, and give them to a kid. 

I'm gonna sound so much like an asshat in this post, but it's really hard for me to remember doing any good deeds simply because I feel like I do them all the time. Being in the Army feeds that sense of unity, and when I see another Soldier struggling I feel strongly compelled to help.

That's not just me, of course, I get help from other Soldiers constantly when I need it. Most of the time it's when I'm obviously struggling with something, like when I'm carrying heavy bags up the stairs or being dumb and not knowing how to open a door or something. It's just easy to help someone when you're both in uniform, because you both understand that you're overworked and underpaid and hate your lives, and that's a really common starting ground.

I wish all humans were like this.

8 hours ago, AppleButt said:

I pay for the person behind me in the drive through on the occasion, and when I go to the arcade in the mall I play the ticket games, easily win hundreds of tickets, and give them to a kid. 

That is just beautiful. I can only imagine what I nice surprise that must be for the people behind you in line. And giving tickets to the kids is very special. Kids appreciate that kind of stuff so much more than anyone else and I really admire that. 

4 hours ago, Meson Bolt said:

I'm gonna sound so much like an asshat in this post, but it's really hard for me to remember doing any good deeds simply because I feel like I do them all the time. Being in the Army feeds that sense of unity, and when I see another Soldier struggling I feel strongly compelled to help.

That's not just me, of course, I get help from other Soldiers constantly when I need it. Most of the time it's when I'm obviously struggling with something, like when I'm carrying heavy bags up the stairs or being dumb and not knowing how to open a door or something. It's just easy to help someone when you're both in uniform, because you both understand that you're overworked and underpaid and hate your lives, and that's a really common starting ground.

I wish all humans were like this.

Having a bond with your fellow soldiers is a great thing. The fact that the support is mutual is inspiring. Sometimes accepting help is just as noble as giving it to others. I respect that kind of give and take, a lot.