Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which MLP villain is too "bad" to love?

PlzDelete

So we're all aware that MLP has some pretty nasty but lovable villains. However, in your opinion which villain is too far gone to redeem/like as a character? 

For me personally, it's the Flim and Flam brothers. They are the embodiment of what I despise the most about humanity irl. Their personalities fit so well into their villainous roles that I can't bring myself to like them (even ironically). I could roast them for hours. Lol

• Brohoof 1

It would have to be less the world conquering villains and more the creeps and jerks.

Spoiled Rich and Svengallop, for one. They were pretty much designed to be hateable. Though for me the Flim Flam brothers have a particular likeable villain-like quality. Doesn't mean it's not good to see them beat though.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Toastypk said:

It would have to be less the world conquering villains and more the creeps and jerks.

Spoiled Rich and Svengallop, for one. They were pretty much designed to be hateable. Though for me the Flim Flam brothers have a particular likeable villain-like quality. Doesn't mean it's not good to see them beat though.

Yeah, Sombra is probably the most evil but jerks just piss you off more.

But it's MLP, nocreature's unredeemable.

I like the Flim Flam brothers. They're just trying to get ahead in the world. 

It's hard to hate the "Villain" villains, the big baddies who want to conquer the world. They're just too much fun to really hate, everybody loves a good villain. No, the truly despicable villains are always the down to earth ones, the kind of jerk you could meet in real life. They aren't trying to conquer the world, or gain supreme power, nothing cool like that, they're just unpleasant and slimy.

So, my vote would go to Sludge for being just a completely disgusting person in general. He lies to Spike, lies to a kid who's never even met his biological parents that he's his father, all so he can keep hanging out and getting pampered in a castle. It's just completely morally revolting and makes him the most unlikable antagonist the show's ever had in my opinion.

• Brohoof 6

8 hours ago, BastementSparkle said:

So, my vote would go to Sludge for being just a completely disgusting person in general. He lies to Spike, lies to a kid who's never even met his biological parents that he's his father, all so he can keep hanging out and getting pampered in a castle. It's just completely morally revolting and makes him the most unlikable antagonist the show's ever had in my opinion.

YES, my least favorite villain in the entire series is Sludge BY FAR. His villainy is actually realistic, yet he gets no comeuppance whatsoever

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

MLP didn't have such a despicable villain, even the most dangerous villains are charming in their own ways and to various degrees entertaining. As was already said above, the most disliked villains are usually the realistic ones, since people like that exist in real life, and at times each of us have to deal with them. Personally, the antagonists I dislike the most for their personality are the flim flam brothers, usually I like antagonists a lot, but these 2 just rub me the wrong way and they are not entertaining enough to make it up for it(I also dislike 2 of their 3 songs).