Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do some people take their love for MLP characters too far?

Scarlet Letter

Thats actually a documented thing. Humans will do that if they are alone for so long, start naming and putting emotional importance on inanimate objects.

I heard of people getting emotionally attached to an object, but never going as far as to marry one. .-.

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

Honestly, I don't care if they are 'taking it too far' as long as they are not hurting anyone. Yeah, sometimes that is the case, but I bet there are quite a few people with these same fantasies that do keep it in check.

I am not going to insult these people. It is what they want to do. And really, we live in a society where it is perfectly normal to say you have a personal relationship with a carpenter who may have never existed and has been reportedly dead for 2,000 years. So this is a bit more common than you would think.

So, do what you want, just don't mess with anyone's life in the process.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 4

In my opinion if people want to do stuff with their plushies, I ain't gonna judge them. It's what people bring into the community, where we all are is when they take it to far. They can do stuff behind close doors, but when they bring it into the rest of the community and flaunt it that's taking it to far.

Just only one word:Agreed.

This happens in fandoms all the time. I have had them. I have a crush on Makoto Kenzaki, who you probably aren't familiar with, feel free to look her up.  Even though that crush is nowhere near as strong as the instances you explain, the question of "why?" varies from individual-to-individual. The guy who "married" Twilight Sparkle was just one poor guy who I aren't concerned with. I really don't give a hoot about his life or anyone else like them. They'll disturb me for a minute or two, and then it's over.

Edited by Dismajo
  • Brohoof 1

What makes people like the man who "married" his Twilight Sparkle plushie different than say me for example who has for has long had a crush on Applejack and have uh well done certain things in private while thinking about her is that I recognize the difference between fantasy and reality. I know I will never get to be with Applejack but the good news is there are plenty of women out there who have some of the same personality traits, I have a crush on some girl in real life who is actually a lot like Pinkie Pie but also has a good amount of Applejack mixed in there too. I don't think him doing dirty things with his Twilight plushie was going too far as it is really no different than using a sex toy to satisfy yourself. I personally don't do it because it dosen't sound like it would feel very good and I don't want to ruin my Applejack plushie but the point is that what I think he did that went a little far was that he is in a delusional state where he actually believes he is married to the real Twilight Sparkle.

Yes what he did is his own personal business and he should be left alone and not judged or condemned for it, but I find the fact that he is so desperate and disillusioned as to completely throw in the towel of having any meaningful relationship whatsoever with an actual woman to be very sad. He may have a right to make this choice but that dosen't mean that it is a wise choice. Who also goes too far that I have less sympathy for though are people that get too defensive, people that will jump down your throat for even the slightest criticism on their favorite character. I can get a little protective of Applejack sometimes with all the people claiming she is the "boring one" but my defense goes no further than a few statements to the contrary along with some evidence from the show to back up by two cents. It can get a bit long winded at times but I try to keep things, conscience to the point and nearly always civil. I have seen this with some twilicorn supporters for example who have accused critics of just hating on Twilight when the exact opposite is true in many cases.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Honestly, I don't care if they are 'taking it too far' as long as they are not hurting anyone. Yeah, sometimes that is the case, but I bet there are quite a few people with these same fantasies that do keep it in check. 

I am not going to insult these people. It is what they want to do. And really, we live in a society where it is perfectly normal to say you have a personal relationship with a carpenter who may have never existed and has been reportedly dead for 2,000 years. So this is a bit more common than you would think.

So, do what you want, just don't mess with anyone's life in the process. 

Last night you told me I didn't enjoy the show and sat there and judged me for an hour straight, and the only thing I did to harm anyone was be sarcastic about how laughable it was that you were telling me I was wrong for analyzing the show and how I wasn't truly enjoying the show.

I fail to see your line of logic, because, simply put, this is contradictory to our discussion last night. If it's alright with you, I'd appreciate you to go into further detail about what you mean and why you feel this way, because this is a huge contradiction in my eyes, as you judge those who analyze the show without harming anyone, but you don't judge those who do this sort of thing without harming anyone.

I don't think him doing dirty things with his Twilight plushie was going too far as it is really no different than using a sex toy to satisfy yourself. 

It's going too far in the sense that he married an inanimate object and has sex with it like it's a real person.

Thats actually a documented thing. Humans will do that if they are alone for so long, start naming and putting emotional importance on inanimate objects.

Party of One, anypony?

Anyway yeah, some people take it too far, for reasons already stated. However, as long as they're not flaunting it all over the place, I really can't tell anyone what to do in their private lives. *shrug*

It's going too far in the sense that he married an inanimate object and has sex with it like it's a real person.

The point I tried to make with that statement is using a plushie to satisfy yourself in and of itself isn't really going too far as it is possible to do that and still recognize that it is just a toy and the character that toy represents is fictional. What makes that case different was that he is in complete denial and has deluded himself into believing he is married and is making love to the real Twilight Sparkle. My sympathy for him does not stem from approval of his actions but from concern about his well being as people like that clearly need help.

• Brohoof 4

I don't really care what other people do... I myself do find it strange if people if they start doing stuff like that. Sure I have a crush on a certain mare(guess who) but I know she isn't real in this world I believe. But I would never think a plushie is the real one nor would I 'marry' it. All I'm saying is that as long as you are not hurting other with what you believe in then be my guess.

*Glances at the one Brony movie

documentary*

WELL OF COURSE NOT!!!

Nvm yes people do. And sometimes it is a bit frightening in my eyes. :/

Though there is a saying that states "You can't control what another person says or does" Its fine with me but I wouldn't want to be involved and would only get into conflict with it if it started "Physically" effecting my life. So to say.

Edited by Techite Sparkle

Well, let him be married to Twilight. He might get a few haters because they didn't get the idea of marrying her before, so he can't be blamed. As for me, I am happily married to Applejack. :derp:

waitwhathowdoyoueven

waitwhathowdoyoueven

Applejack is his Waifu.

Just like Rarity is my waifu.

And Big Mac is Afterward's...haifu?

WAIFUS FOR ALL. :D

(Just not literally. Just because we say characters are our waifus doesn't mean we're actually married to them.)

(I just realized how many people share the same waifu :blink: )

• Brohoof 1

you do have to be a little nuts to like the show but there are just some things that shouldn't be done. Don't marry or do it with plushies. It's a little excessive. And if you truly want to marry a character then just wait to get to heaven, In other words ponyvill. Me and my friend already have a pack to meet by sugar cube corner. 

Is this guy [who claims to have married Twilight Sparkle] crazy? Do you support his love for Twi? Would you do the same thing? Do you think the guy is just a troll? I want honest opinions.

Do some people take their love for MLP characters too far?

I chat with this guy you speak of on a daily basis, and take great offense at you referring to him as a "troll" and "crazy".

He's actually a very nice guy, but also greatly misunderstood.

Let me ask you this: Since when has love been a crime?

The heart desires what it desires, and I, for one, know better than to question love. The more you try to make sense of it, the stranger it gets.

It's his goddamn life, and he's entitled to do whatever the fuck he pleases with it.

He's not hurting you or anyone else, so leave him alone.

He's had more than enough, and he never even deserved all the shit he got in the first place.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 1

There's a lot of bronies who have crushes on MLP characters, myself included, but do some people take these crushes too far? A lot of people here have probably heard of the guy who married his Twilight Sparkle plushie. Having a crush on Twilight is fine, but marrying a plushie? Is that going too far? I think it is. And then people take it even a step further and do...well...dirty things with their plushies. I think that sometimes people take their crushes on fictional characters too far and they need to come back to reality. No matter how much people want a certain fictional character to be real, the fact is, it's a non-existent fictional character. And a plushie isn't a real living thing, it's just a plushie. A Twilight Sparkle plushie isn't the real Twilight Sparkle, no matter how much you imagine it is. I understand having fantasies and wanting to imagine that you are with the character that you have a crush on, but there's a point where it's just going too far. What do you guys think about this?

Hey! We had a thread about a man claiming to be married to Twilight Sparkle, but because people were concerned about the discussion being generated, I've merged that thread with yours. This merge should broaden the discussion, and discourage attacks made on a single person. 

Thanks for understanding!

Edited by Aquila
Decided to post opinions at another time.

I chat with this guy you speak of on a daily basis, and take great offense at you referring to him as a "troll" and "crazy".

He's actually a very nice guy, but also greatly misunderstood.

Let me ask you this: Since when has love been a crime?

The heart desires what it desires, and I, for one, know better than to question love. The more you try to make sense of it, the stranger it gets.

It's his goddamn life, and he's entitled to do whatever the fuck he pleases with it.

He's not hurting you or anyone else, so leave him alone.

He's had enough, and he never even deserved all the shit he got in the first place.

Is it the dude who put his pickle on the site? :huh: That can be a reason for the troll thing.

But other than that, it's kinda shocking, I think's the word, but if he doesn't hurt anyone with it, whatever. :D

Also, the man who married the Twilight plushie said (I shit you not) that he'd shoot anyone who threatened "Twilight."

If that is the case that I take back what I said about it being his own business, once someone threatens people than it is no longer just their own private albeit screwed up business.

Do any of you think that there's anything wrong with this?

Other than that particular site being a total ripoff by costing way more money than I personally think is worth joining, I do not see a problem with it. While there are some bronies who get way too caught up in having to date someone who is into the show and only someone who is into the show I will admit that it would be a nice bonus. It is really no different than all those other dating sites that appeal to people with particular interests, there is nothing wrong with seeking out a mate who has similar interests so long as people remember that no matter how much personal interests can match no two people are completely the same and just because someone dosen't share one particular interest with you dosen't mean they won't have any other things in common with you. I want a girlfriend but if she is not into ponies that is fine so long as she is open minded enough to accept the fact that I do like ponies. Of course that also means that you yourself have to be open minded to their interests as well as it is only fair.

• Brohoof 1

I think I already posted on here a few times (maybe no)but I wont lie, If I could marry Dashie, then I probably would...In all reality though, changing your name to Rainbow Dash might.....not be the best idea in the world.