Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do some people take their love for MLP characters too far?

Scarlet Letter

It he wants to marry a fictional character, then I'm fine with that. I myself, however would rather have a living breathing person in which I can converse with.

Also, this man who married Twilight...HE STOLE MY WAIFU!! :angry:

i'm just glad he didn't steal mine

Pfft, Princess Twilight Sparkle is too good for him. Way out of his league.

She's a princess, and he's just some creepo :eww:

Now that i think about it, maybe he married his twilight tulpa. That would make more sense.

Or maybe he did it just to troll the fandom (hopefully)

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

There's a lot of bronies who have crushes on MLP characters, myself included, but do some people take these crushes too far? A lot of people here have probably heard of the guy who married his Twilight Sparkle plushie. Having a crush on Twilight is fine, but marrying a plushie? Is that going too far? I think it is. And then people take it even a step further and do...well...dirty things with their plushies. I think that sometimes people take their crushes on fictional characters too far and they need to come back to reality. No matter how much people want a certain fictional character to be real, the fact is, it's a non-existent fictional character. And a plushie isn't a real living thing, it's just a plushie. A Twilight Sparkle plushie isn't the real Twilight Sparkle, no matter how much you imagine it is. I understand having fantasies and wanting to imagine that you are with the character that you have a crush on, but there's a point where it's just going too far. What do you guys think about this?

• Brohoof 8

I do think some take it too far, honestly. As much as I'd love to fly across Equestria with Rainbow Dash I have to accept that it will never happen. I think that people have always had crazy crushes on characters, not just MLP. Now yea the guy that married his plushie may have been the first to go THAT far, but all fandoms can get a bit obsessed. People just need to accept they're fictional.

• Brohoof 2

( i love how the discussion on this is back in full swing again!)

anyway, yeah i think it's not only morally wrong to 'make love' with a plusie, i believe it is genuinly sick. it's not supposed to, well, be.
to me, loving a plusie is the same as beastiality.

• Brohoof 1

I do think some take it too far, honestly. As much as I'd love to fly across Equestria with Rainbow Dash I have to accept that it will never happen. I think that people have always had crazy crushes on characters, not just MLP. Now yea the guy that married his plushie may have been the first to go THAT far, but all fandoms can get a bit obsessed. People just need to accept they're fictional.

Yeah, I agree with this. 

I would love to be able to be with Rainbow Dash, but I know she doesn't exist and that could never happen. It sucks, but oh well.

If that's what they want to do with their lives in romance, then I say let them take their love to unexplainable heights. I find it to be questionable if they know that the character is non-fictional, there is always a point where it goes too far.

Oh there defiantly are some people who take their love too far. There's growing attached to a character and having a crush on the character and then there's just plain thinking their real and wanting to date them or something like that. There is like you mentioned the guy who wanted to marry his Twilight Sparkle plush (seriously is that even legal in any country) and there are probably more nutcases out there.

What I'm trying to say is, the world is full of nutcases.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion if people want to do stuff with their plushies, I ain't gonna judge them. It's what people bring into the community, where we all are is when they take it to far. They can do stuff behind close doors, but when they bring it into the rest of the community and flaunt it that's taking it to far.

Some people do take it to far to a point of it being kinda scary I can understand having a crush on a fictional character, but marrying a plushie seems......I don't know it seems a bit weird and if you do dirty things to said plushie your going a bit to far in my opinion ._.

• Brohoof 1

anyway, yeah i think it's not only morally wrong to 'make love' with a plusie, i believe it is genuinly sick. it's not supposed to, well, be.

I don't agree that it's bestiality. It would be bestiality if someone was actually making love with an actual animal, plus the characters in MLP aren't like actual animals really.

And I don't know if I would necessarily say it's "morally wrong" but I do think it's pretty ridiculous, and I certainly would never do that lol.

They can do stuff behind close doors, but when they bring it into the rest of the community and flaunt it that's taking it to far.

Yeah I mean, they have the right to do whatever they want in their private time, but when they are posting pics up of them doing things with their plushies, that's just kind of sick, I really don't wanna see that...

• Brohoof 1

There's a lot of bronies who have crushes on MLP characters, myself included, but do some people take these crushes too far? A lot of people here have probably heard of the guy who married his Twilight Sparkle plushie. Having a crush on Twilight is fine, but marrying a plushie? Is that going too far? I think it is. And then people take it even a step further and do...well...dirty things with their plushies. I think that sometimes people take their crushes on fictional characters too far and they need to come back to reality. No matter how much people want a certain fictional character to be real, the fact is, it's a non-existent fictional character. And a plushie isn't a real living thing, it's just a plushie. A Twilight Sparkle plushie isn't the real Twilight Sparkle, no matter how much you imagine it is. I understand having fantasies and wanting to imagine that you are with the character that you have a crush on, but there's a point where it's just going too far. What do you guys think about this?

I dunno. :huh:

I mean, I've been accused of taking my love for Rarity too far several times, but I don't think that's the case. I appreciate the other characters, it's just Rarity is my favorite, and I have a blast being this way :D

I DEFINITELY wouldn't marry my Rarity plushie though :blink: That's too far.

I'm a huge fan, but I'm not that bad. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

technically it world be a sex aid no more wrong than any other adult toy... still a waste of a perfectly good plushie though...

True that people love of fictional people can get out of hand depending on how they deal with the emotions. Its not wrong per-se. crushing on a fictional character is not much different than crushing on a famous person, both can equally never be.

Still, if folks are going over board, it might not be a problem if folks try helping them get the confidence to develop real, meaningful relations instead of just pointing and laughing at them. 

• Brohoof 1

technically it world be a sex aid no more wrong than any other adult toy... still a waste of a perfectly good plushie though...

Yeah, I was thinking like, wouldn't that ruin the plushie? xD

what a waste of a perfectly good plushie...

I don't really see the whole beastiality thing as they are all sentient beings.

But yeah, I agree that it's all fine behind closed doors but don't be going gloating about how you've "slept with Twilight" and in reality you just "satisfied" yourself with purple gloves on XD

• Brohoof 1

Well, i'm not going to say one thing to make me sound good. So here it is. Yes, I believe they do take it too far...I think marrying a plushie is equivalent to marrying a toaster for the sake of toast.

Contradict me all you must, I am okay with that. This is just my personal opinion and how I feel about it...I don't gotta feel the same about everything, ya know.

Personally...I think they may need help if they are falling in love with objects...or they should keep it to themselves.

Edited by Kitteh O' Shy

Yeah *cough*

zWH0QoZ.png

Anyways, yes. I remember that we had some thread about someone who was depressed because he couldn't be together with Twilight Sparkle... That's definitely too far. People need to realize they are cartoon characters..

I laughed when I saw who created the thread xD

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah *cough*

Oh man, I remember that thread...I think I went off on the guy like "DASHIE IS MINE, BACK OFF"

That was during my phase where I was madly in love with Dashie, and a bit too overprotective of her xD

• Brohoof 1

Personally...I think they may need help if they are falling in love with objects...

Thats actually a documented thing. Humans will do that if they are alone for so long, start naming and putting emotional importance on inanimate objects.